Pre-Cruise

My husband and I are scheduled to get out test at CVS on Thursday morning we sail Saturday. It says results in 2 days. We are nervous and wish we had bought the ones Royal Caribbean was selling.  How has this getting your shots at CVS worked out for others should we be worried? Is it to late to get the ones Royal Caribbean suggested? What were they called?

3 minutes ago, cruisesmiles10 said:

My husband and I are scheduled to get out test at CVS on Thursday morning we sail Saturday. It says results in 2 days. We are nervous and wish we had bought the ones Royal Caribbean was selling.  How has this getting your shots at CVS worked out for others should we be worried? Is it to late to get the ones Royal Caribbean suggested? What were they called?

It sounds like you are getting a PCR test which you don’t need. You need to get a rapid NAAT or antigen test and get the results in a couple hours

7 minutes ago, cruisesmiles10 said:

If CVS is giving you shots as part of your covid test, then I would be pretty worried!  😀

(we know it was a typo. 😀

• Haha 1

I had the same concerns. Both CVS and Walgreens are only offering PCR tests, which take 2 days. We leave in less than 3 weeks and I didn’t think I would ha e enough time to get the ones from RCCL. I found this place in a different thread that someone else used. You can use any at home test and just pay for the proctored visit. 
https://onpoint-testing.com/product/certified-teleservice-covid-testing/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5f2vubuX-AIV0sLCBB0qggpwEAAYAyAAEgLNWvD_BwE 

We are currently on Mariner. There was a testing table at the elevators near the drop off area at the port. People were getting tested right there. Someone said the test was $150 and results in 10 minutes. 

Edited by Diver2014

13 minutes ago, Diver2014 said:

We are currently on Mariner. There was a testing table at the elevators near the drop off area at the port. People were getting tested right there. Someone said the test was $150 and results in 10 minutes. 

That's crazy to pay $150 pp when you can get for free.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisesmiles10 said:

You ought to check Walgreens if CVS only offers PCR, which takes two days. 
We had the NAAT test at Walgreens, results in half an hour. Antigen would have been the same. 
Walgreens didn’t ask for insurance info, by the way. They don’t charge. 
If you don’t have a Walgreens, ask if CVS has the NAAT or antigen tests and how long they take to get results. Those tests typically don’t have to be sent to a lab. 

I was just reading about the testing at the ports on RCCL's FAQ.  Maybe this will help you out:
https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-if-i-dont-find-a-pre-cruise-test-or-get-test-results-in-time

Select the port you are leaving from and see if they have any appointments for when you are sailing.  It says pricing starts at $99.  If you are arriving at your departure point the day before sailing, you can always check online to see where tests are offered locally at Walgreens / CVS, etc., to see if you can get an appointment for the rapid test.  Good luck! 

11 hours ago, jagsfan said:

You ought to check Walgreens if CVS only offers PCR, which takes two days. 
We had the NAAT test at Walgreens, results in half an hour. Antigen would have been the same. 
Walgreens didn’t ask for insurance info, by the way. They don’t charge. 
If you don’t have a Walgreens, ask if CVS has the NAAT or antigen tests and how long they take to get results. Those tests typically don’t have to be sent to a lab. 

How many of you got tested? The appoint blocks are every 15 minutes. Did you actually have to show up at each appointment time or if you schedule back to back slots can you just show up at the first time slot for everyone? 

We have had 2 experiences at CVS. In March they took us both at the same time. I got my test results as we drove home. My husband's took 1 1/2 hrs to arrive. Today they took us sequentially. We got there a bit early and they took us early. Today we both received our results before we left the MinuteClinic.

All tests were rapid antigen.

Edited by Traveling Library