Shareholder credit denied, who to talk to?

mom23guys

I have over 100 shares of RCL. I sent a copy of my statement to the link and got a reply that I don’t have 100 share but I highlighted the 102 shares that I have. Is there a phone number to call or a physical address to send a copy of my statement to with a letter to ask to re-evaluate? I never got the shareholder credit for my Feb cruise but I had so much OBCi didn’t pursue it. But this time I’m annoyed.

13 minutes ago, mom23guys said:

I have over 100 shares of RCL. I sent a copy of my statement to the link and got a reply that I don’t have 100 share but I highlighted the 102 shares that I have. Is there a phone number to call or a physical address to send a copy of my statement to with a letter to ask to re-evaluate? I never got the shareholder credit for my Feb cruise but I had so much OBCi didn’t pursue it. But this time I’m annoyed.

You can either just resubmit and as specified.   Circle (I use red ink)  Your Name -  Redacted Account Number  and the shares you own.     You can also call the phone number on the page.   If you have time I would just re-submit using the online submission.

I've had this happen more than once.   They once also told me my name wasn't on the reservation even though it was circled 

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

You can either just resubmit and as specified.   Circle (I use red ink)  Your Name -  Redacted Account Number  and the shares you own.     You can also call the phone number on the page.   If you have time I would just re-submit using the online submission.

I've had this happen more than once.   They once also told me my name wasn't on the reservation even though it was circled 

Good information about re-submitting, along with the use of a red pen.  Do you know if they have quantity control?  Does it have to be submitted after final payment, or is that not an issue?  Jim, I think you need your own section on here that says Just Ask Jim!

• Like 5

Thanks Jim. I think you are on our Summit cruise to Iceland. 
im not really tech savvy so have a heck of a time submitting on the link. I can either send the whole statement without highlighting( I don’t know how to do it) or highlight a physical copy the take a picture then attach but it only lets me attach one page not two.  Such a pain. 

58 minutes ago, mom23guys said:

Thanks Jim. I think you are on our Summit cruise to Iceland. 
im not really tech savvy so have a heck of a time submitting on the link. I can either send the whole statement without highlighting( I don’t know how to do it) or highlight a physical copy the take a picture then attach but it only lets me attach one page not two.  Such a pain. 

I have had success when faxing the request  vs using the link.

I had a cruise rejected as the original booking date was prior to date required by the Shareholder Services.  Was booked early 2019 even tho I was not sailing until 2022 due to COVID lift and shifts. 
Received for all other made after the required date.  

Question on this if you book with an on board credit that was already included in the original booking I know Royal will normally send a decline for the on board credit due to the original booking class does Celebrity do the same thing?

On 6/9/2022 at 6:11 PM, Lastdance said:

Good information about re-submitting, along with the use of a red pen.  Do you know if they have quantity control?  Does it have to be submitted after final payment, or is that not an issue?  Jim, I think you need your own section on here that says Just Ask Jim!

LOL  -- If so I would not have had to escalate to the executive office in March after 3 failed attempt.   The last rejection said my name was not on the reservation and the reservation wasn't valid.

I have submitted prior to final payment before but usually wait until about 2 months prior to the cruise to file.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, TeaBag said:

Just keep trying.  We submitted 5 times for one cruise.  I really hate getting denied something I know I should get.

LOL... Just shows that persistence works.  Someone in another thread said that due to staffing issues they had farmed it our to a call center in Jamaica and there was a training learning curve.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, shelby2002 said:

Question on this if you book with an on board credit that was already included in the original booking I know Royal will normally send a decline for the on board credit due to the original booking class does Celebrity do the same thing?

A couple years ago they would reject if you had any promotion e.g. on-board booking credit etc but they changed that at least 2 years ago.     My last booking had a whole bunch of OBC for various reasons and I got my OBC's

• Thanks 1

I am applying for a job with RC to read emails, letters, along with answering the phone to ensure that OBC is applied to those cruises for people who have at least 100 shares.  I can read, at least most of the time and multi-task too.  My plan is to work from home, not Jamaica, but only if they pay for my travel and lodging for Jamaica, I may consider it.

I owed this stock a long time ago, but sold it.  Never used it for a cruise and only had 50 shares.  Yesterday, I purchased 100 shares, as it hit my price for buying.    

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

I am applying for a job with RC to read emails, letters, along with answering the phone to ensure that OBC is applied to those cruises for people who have at least 100 shares.  I can read, at least most of the time and multi-task too.  My plan is to work from home, not Jamaica, but only if they pay for my travel and lodging for Jamaica, I may consider it.

I owed this stock a long time ago, but sold it.  Never used it for a cruise and only had 50 shares.  Yesterday, I purchased 100 shares, as it hit my price for buying.    

Fantastic.   Can we personally ask for you.   LOL   At least you hear the pain some of us have gone through.    

I also purchased some more shares yesterday.    We cruise a lot and I've really took the risk out of ownership with the numerous OBC's I've received.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mom23guys said:

Thanks for all the help, I resubmitted via email and received the OBC yesterday.

Glad it worked.  

It's like the regular Customer Service lines.   If you ask a question you may receive 3 different replies.   Yes, No and Maybe.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/15/2022 at 9:45 AM, Jim_Iain said:

shareholderbenefit@RCL.COM   It's on the  pdf form but they are trying to get people to use the online submission so making it hard to find the manual form.

image.thumb.png.8b294389711e3782497fae9a97c1d848.png

On 6/15/2022 at 1:21 PM, springfire said:

We requested yesterday morning by email at

ShareholderBenefit@rccl.com

We received our OBC credit this morning.

Good luck!

I actually submitted via both methods and had the OBC applied to 2 cruises within' 12 hours.
So, I am not entirely sure which one worked.  😀

• Thanks 1

We submitted one a few weeks ago and received an updated invoice showing the OBC applied followed closely by an email saying it was rejected.  You really have to love Celebrity's systems!  I just spent it quickly on some dining in case they try and pull it back.

Edited by Nyhawkeye
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

Submitted today for 2:upcoming cruises and received acknowledgement of shareholder credit a few hours later…..fastest service ever!!  

Me too - just got a couple updated, even though it's evening. I use the e-mail address rather than the webform. Didn't bother with the PDF form either, just put the details in the body of the e-mail. 

31 minutes ago, sbcs5390 said:

Me too - just got a couple updated, even though it's evening. I use the e-mail address rather than the webform. Didn't bother with the PDF form either, just put the details in the body of the e-mail. 

Wow!  That's fast service for sure; you caught someone at the perfect time and place.  I will try that next!