Indy 3 Day - Unlimited Dining Experience 🐷

28 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

No.  I don't think I have heard of it.  I am looking forward to trying Samba.

They're called Churrascarias.

I think the direct Portuguese to English translation is... "So much yummy steak!"

We have a Fogo here but used to frequent a different chain. One of my favorite restaurants ever. Never tried Samba though.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I still haven't had the cookie. On my list

The one I had was worth it. 😋

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I always add emojis to my titles so I can find them fast when scrolling

Very appropriate emoji for this thread. If it was the UBP one might use this one if they had one too many. 🤢

19 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

They're called Churrascarias.

I think the direct Portuguese to English translation is... "So much yummy steak!"

We have a Fogo here but used to frequent a different chain. One of my favorite restaurants ever. Never tried Samba though.

We call the off brand ones Fake Fogo

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We call the off brand ones Fake Fogo

I won't judge since I've never been to Fogo, but the nice one we used to eat at was Texas De Brazil.

Tried a cheaper one close by... it was ummmm... not good.

• Like 2

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

2 years of having to cook for ourselves, we took full advantage of the situation 

Understood. That said, while I eat almost solely in the free venues, I've been taking full advantage long before covid.

21 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

over the course of 4 days.  Ate at Playmakers 6 times, Hibachi twice and Giovanni's twice.

I see your 4, and do that in 3

Did you eat in CocoCay?

What was for breakfast. I may skip that. Sit down omelet is to heavy

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

We’ve been sailing on Indy approximately once a month with the UDP every cruise.  We were told no at Fish & Ships and Captain Jack’s, although I have read others were successful at Fish & Ships.

On the 3 night Indy cruises, only Playmakers and Johnny Rockets have been open for lunch, unless weather turns a Port stop into a Sea Day.

Giovanni’s on Indy is our least favorite on any ship!  We’ve tried a few times, but no!  Usually, we have all three dinners at Chops, which has always been excellent and Melona is the best hostess!

At Izumi, although we both sit at the teppanyaki table, I usually order sashimi.  It has been just OK on Indy.

Have fun and enjoy your UDP!

• Thanks 1

I be excited to hear your experiences with the UDP. We will have it on Symphony in September. Which will be great as there are so many restaurants to choose from. I think we will have to do CP 150 twice. I love that place.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

Giovanni’s on Indy is our least favorite on any ship!

What was not good about it? Haven't been on a ship with Giovanni's Table in a long time and plan to eat there on Indy next month.

48 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I see your 4, and do that in 3

Did you eat in CocoCay?

What was for breakfast. I may skip that. Sit down omelet is to heavy

I did breakfast in the WJ, Sarah didn't.  Just had a snack in CocoCay.

We had late dinners so it made it easier to snack at Playmakers.  Went there instead of DL for snacks

8 minutes ago, neverlaysup said:

I've been tempted to try this on Navigator for our next 3 or 4 day cruise. How does it work in a restaurant like Hooked, can I just order whatever I want or is it one app, one entree and one dessert?

Order what you want.  They may limit you to one entree

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

What was not good about it? Haven't been on a ship with Giovanni's Table in a long time and plan to eat there on Indy next month.

We still wonder about it, which is why we keep trying!  The staff seemed disinterested and the food was just so-so.  We’ve tried to like it and had breakfast, lunch, and dinner there, the last time, dinner in mid-April.  I am a fish eater and my husband a meat eater, and neither of us are picky.  

Chops is sooo much better!  Izumi was also very good.  I mentioned I wasn’t crazy about the sashimi, but I think that’s because the raw fish has to be frozen before serving for health reasons.  Everything else was delicious.  We’ve never had a bad meal in Playmakers or Johnny Rockets!

1 minute ago, indy212 said:

With UDP I usually order Takeout at Izumi as soon as they open. Usually takes about 45 mins. Snack on the balcony if I have one. Then go to dinner.

We’re getting on Jewel next month and I plan to try this!  Sounds like a great plan!

39 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

We still wonder about it, which is why we keep trying!  The staff seemed disinterested and the food was just so-so.  We’ve tried to like it and had breakfast, lunch, and dinner there, the last time, dinner in mid-April.  I am a fish eater and my husband a meat eater, and neither of us are picky.  

Chops is sooo much better!  Izumi was also very good.  I mentioned I wasn’t crazy about the sashimi, but I think that’s because the raw fish has to be frozen before serving for health reasons.  Everything else was delicious.  We’ve never had a bad meal in Playmakers or Johnny Rockets!

Thanks for the opinions. We’ll try it regardless since we may never see a Giovanni’s Table again & it has always been our favorite on other ships. Hopefully we’ll have a better experience. If not, we were warned.

Definitely trying Playmakers as it will be the first one we’ve seen.

22 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I think you need to have two dinner reservations each night.........Reserve 5:30pm and 9:30pm

Damn, that is genius level. I need to cruise with y’all! My husband is ambivalent about food, but this southern belle loves it! 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I be excited to hear your experiences with the UDP. We will have it on Symphony in September. Which will be great as there are so many restaurants to choose from. I think we will have to do CP 150 twice. I love that place.

Hooked was great on Symphony. 

• Like 2