Has anyones MVJ been updated with the new (no) testing policy?

FolsomMike

I know it’s official but I’ll feel more secure when the promised 6/14 update is done. I wonder if there are folks starting their Viking cruise in a few days who are not on Cruise Critic and are not aware of the changes. 

1 hour ago, FolsomMike said:

I know it’s official but I’ll feel more secure when the promised 6/14 update is done. I wonder if there are folks starting their Viking cruise in a few days who are not on Cruise Critic and are not aware of the changes. 

Done for me

16 minutes ago, Twitchly said:

My MVJ has dropped the “Travel Safely” page altogether.

Our original cruise-specific documents are still unchanged. 

Same here.  On MVJ, 3 bar menu has "Explore Safely", but clicking just opens new window of MVJ.  Pre-embark req. also not yet updated.

32 minutes ago, CILCIANRQTS said:

MVJ is NEVER up to date, so I don’t know why so many people wring their hands over the clearly out of date info on there. Guess some people just have to see it on the V8king site to be comfortable.

Some of us have never sailed with Viking before and would appreciate some clarity. I just called them and was told it should be updated “in 24-48 hours”.

BTW… “wring their hands” is a bit snarky, don’t you think?

Edited by FolsomMike
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, FolsomMike said:

Some of us have never sailed with Viking before and would appreciate some clarity. I just called them and was told it should be updated “in 24-48 hours”.

BTW… “wring their hands” is a bit snarky, don’t you think?

Sorry, it wasn’t meant to be snarky, but usually you need to trust primary sources, like CDC, country websites, etc, rather than waiting for Viking to eventually update their website. They’re so busy handling  rapid changes that daily adjustments take a back seat to updating MVJ.

Edited by CILCIANRQTS
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, CILCIANRQTS said:

Sorry, it wasn’t meant to be snarky, but usually you need to trust primary sources, like CDC, country websites, etc, rather than waiting for Viking to eventually update their website. They’re so busy handling  rapid changes that daily adjustments take a back seat to updating MVJ.

Vice versa.

31 minutes ago, CILCIANRQTS said:

Thank you but the update I was waiting for was to Vikings policies and procedures.  I admit to being a bit OCD and I’m just glad they made it official. 🙂 

MVJ was updated for us and our cruise is in December!    Newest change that I saw was that VeriFly is no longer required for Ocean cruises.   It was already discontinued for River cruises.    I expect it to change again, one way or the other.

17 hours ago, Neptune2022 said:

MVJ was updated for us and our cruise is in December!    Newest change that I saw was that VeriFly is no longer required for Ocean cruises.   It was already discontinued for River cruises.    I expect it to change again, one way or the other.

You’re right! I did not notice that. The news just keeps getting better.