OnPoint proctored covid testing - I am using it for my RC cruise that leaves tomorrow

22 hours ago, Babyjax12 said:

My only issue with all this was that the email links/codes went to my junk mail and I didn’t notice. They ended up sending the link multiple times because of my mistake. Duh, me! 

DW's test appointment time was cancelled three times then rescheduled for the same time. That, alone, created some panic because it meant digging through multiple emails for numbers, etc. What nonsense, totally agree!

On 6/24/2022 at 2:17 AM, Coralc said:

Wow! Thanks. That sounds pretty bad. I appreciate the warning. 

I am so hoping that by September, this pre-cruise testing will be over with. 

We noticed that the test collection times were off by an hour. Now I will go back to confirm they have the date right. JEEZ. Customers shouldn't need to double check for idiot companies that are incompetent.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, johnjen said:

We'll just wait for this testing crap to end before going on another cruise. The stress from these stupid tests sucked the wind out of our excitement and anticipation. 

This is one of the major roadblocks keeping this normally frequent cruiser on land.  Just personally not open to squeezing a round of testing into the myriad of other things that have to happen before heading out to sea.  Disappointing personal choice but once things wind down further I plan on churning the waters up. 😀

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, johnjen said:

We noticed that the test collection times were off by an hour. Now I will go back to confirm they have the date right. JEEZ. Customers shouldn't need to double check for idiot companies that are incompetent.

You get what you pay for.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2022 at 7:28 PM, jennblee said:

I just signed up today for two tests on Thursday. I did not receive the appointment email. So I tried to chat and waited. I called the number on the chat and got a person right away. He sent me the appointment email and waited as I made our appointments.  We are good to go with a zoom link. Here's hoping someone starts the zoom to Proctor. 

So follow up...test went smoothly this morning. Very kind lady. Results by email in PDF form. Make sure you have that, not the preliminary text you get. I will try to remember to update if there are any issues at port on Saturday. You can assume no news is good news if I don't update. I will definitely update if there are any snags. We have our documents printed and ready. Happy Cruising!

• Like 4

Just now, Carlo16 said:

Sorry if this has been answered but for a Friday cruise, I can log in at midnight Tuesday night to emed test? Doesn’t have to be within 48 hours of check in?

2 calendar days, not 48 hours. You can test anytime on Wednesday for a Friday cruise.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks so much for this detailed post!!!! Just finished our ONPOINT and got results in our email and text. It went exactly as you described and very smoothly. We double checked the date and time of their letter, it was one hour off (uses central standard time) but no worries. Thanks again!

6 hours ago, willwill2323 said:

Thanks so much for this detailed post!!!! Just finished our ONPOINT and got results in our email and text. It went exactly as you described and very smoothly. We double checked the date and time of their letter, it was one hour off (uses central standard time) but no worries. Thanks again!

Are they still asking for cruise booking information and passport number? Seems like a little too much information. 

10 hours ago, willwill2323 said:

They should be using local date and time of the person who is being tested.

But they use Dallas time, Philipines time, etc.

This is no big deal if it still puts you within 2 days.

But it gets you out of 2 days then this whole testing circus becomes useless.

Problem with OnPoint is that they are is no easy customer service to contact using either phone or email when they make a mistake.

Their competitors get much better feedback on these boards.