Do you keep Princess medallion?

Kitty Ellas Mom

4 hours ago, shellbeachjim said:

Personally I would rather not keep them. If Princess would have have a recycling box when you leave the ship, that would make me happy. The medallions contain a battery and electronics, so in California they should not be thrown away to go into landfills, but should be properly recycled. Princess foisted these on us, so they should be responsible for providing proper recycling of the medallions. 

Why don't you just refuse a medallion and insist on a cruise card instead? 

On 6/20/2022 at 2:53 AM, MissP22 said:

Why don't you just refuse a medallion and insist on a cruise card instead? 

On 6/20/2022 at 8:11 AM, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Sounds like the correct answer to the problem for sure.

It’s a bigger problem than just my medallion. Prior to the pandemic, Princess put out a press release which said they issued over 300,000 medallions the previous year. Each of these contain a battery and electronics, neither of which should be thrown away to end up in landfills. A simple solution would be for Princess to have a collection box during disembarkation for those passenger who don’t wish to keep their medallions. Princess created the medallions and should have a system in place to properly recycle them. 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2022 at 3:47 AM, Esprit said:

I’ll use mine as a ball marker when playing golf.

I haven't seen one yet, but aren't they kind of thick for that? A putt rolling over that seems like it would get knocked off line.

Then again, some people use poker chips, and those are so clunky they are almost bigger than the ball. You might as well just leave your ball there. (OK, admittedly a poker chip would be unlikely to move if hit)

29 minutes ago, Earthworm Jim said:

There's a market for used medallions with someone else's name on them? I wouldn't have guessed that.

I do find these for sale on E-bay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255394558230?hash=item3b76b3b116:g:l6MAAOSwCkpiEPtO

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144604141895?hash=item21ab141947:g:e~gAAOSwRDReD76U

https://www.ebay.com/itm/294831404157?hash=item44a552347d:g:7tkAAOSwCbliF7CQ

So sooner or later I would expect to find a Medallion there.

4 hours ago, Earthworm Jim said:

I haven't seen one yet, but aren't they kind of thick for that? A putt rolling over that seems like it would get knocked off line.

Then again, some people use poker chips, and those are so clunky they are almost bigger than the ball. You might as well just leave your ball there. (OK, admittedly a poker chip would be unlikely to move if hit)

No golfer I know would putt over a large marker. The marked ball could be moved a putter width or two to get off the line of a putt. I do indeed use a poker chip sized marker and a much smaller flat marker if necessary.

The medallion would become a replacement.

On 6/21/2022 at 5:23 PM, Esprit said:

No golfer I know would putt over a large marker.

Exactly. So why use a large marker?

No one intends to roll over a marker, but when you're only typically moving your mark a putter head distance, accidents happen and marks do get hit on occasion. A flat one disrupts things much less. But you do as you prefer, it doesn't affect me. The medallion seems smaller than a poker chip at least.

Edited by Earthworm Jim