Checking in on App -- What's Needed

ScottC4746

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Either that or just stay up late and choose your checkin slot.    They  open at Midnight Eastern.    Actually there really isn't a great rush and if you check in the first couple day you can get the earliest check in time. 

I am normally up at 4am, so used to being up early because of my mum in London and even now after she's gone - I've just never slept in.

I managed to get the first slot and filled out everything but the picture - I'll do that tomorrow when my hubby can take a decent picture (I hope). Just hope the vaccine part is ok due to the fact I was one of the lucky Canadians ending up with mixed doses of vaccines 🙄

14 hours ago, Lena11033 said:

I am normally up at 4am, so used to being up early because of my mum in London and even now after she's gone - I've just never slept in.

I managed to get the first slot and filled out everything but the picture - I'll do that tomorrow when my hubby can take a decent picture (I hope). Just hope the vaccine part is ok due to the fact I was one of the lucky Canadians ending up with mixed doses of vaccines 🙄

No rush.    I still haven't put our pictures in as of yet either.   Even if you don't get around to it they just shoot your picture at the pier.     Sometimes even with a picture uploaded the re-shoot anyway.

20 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

No rush.    I still haven't put our pictures in as of yet either.   Even if you don't get around to it they just shoot your picture at the pier.     Sometimes even with a picture uploaded the re-shoot anyway.

They do not like the photos we take and re-do them at the pier. We try anyway. The one we posted for our last two cruises looks like Mr. & Mrs. Sad Sack. 

4 hours ago, Glendakayself said:

They do not like the photos we take and re-do them at the pier. We try anyway. The one we posted for our last two cruises looks like Mr. & Mrs. Sad Sack. 

LOL.... I know the feeling.   That's why I saved a set of photos we like and then just upload them

15 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

LOL.... I know the feeling.   That's why I saved a set of photos we like and then just upload them

I may have to start doing that, I had my hubby take a picture earlier. I don't know why I should know better after almost 20 years that it's not his strong suit (unless it's our fur babies then he's great at the pictures)

17 minutes ago, Kate-in-Canada said:

Newbie question - do you see these photos ever again? Are they used for anything other than the check in day?

They pop up for security monitor every time you board or leave the ship.   Also when a server swipes your card your picture also pops up on the cash register.   From talking to the Retreat Hosts they say that is how they  identify their guest so they can address them by name before they get to know them  

5 hours ago, Lena11033 said:

I may have to start doing that, I had my hubby take a picture earlier. I don't know why I should know better after almost 20 years that it's not his strong suit (unless it's our fur babies then he's great at the pictures)

I had some decent ones for our passport and just scanned them in and keep them on file on my pc and then just choose them as our photos.

20 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

They pop up for security monitor every time you board or leave the ship.   Also when a server swipes your card your picture also pops up on the cash register.   From talking to the Retreat Hosts they say that is how they  identify their guest so they can address them by name before they get to know them  

Thank you.  I wish I had planned mine better.  Got too excited in my first check in. 
bow I have pics that look less than stellar. 🙃

On 6/23/2022 at 9:15 AM, Jim_Iain said:

I just updated my software and it works perfect.   I didn't even get a log on screen it remembered my credentials.   I guess time to uninstall and reinstall.

I discovered my problem, I needed to be connected to WiFi, it didn’t work for me using my data plan.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Kate-in-Canada said:

Thank you.  I wish I had planned mine better.  Got too excited in my first check in. 
bow I have pics that look less than stellar. 🙃

You can also change your picture at any time up until a couple days prior to the cruise.  When changing it you can either upload or take one with the camera on your phone or computer.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I got around to putting our pictures in yesterday so now just waiting for the luggage tags to become active.    When checkin comes active it makes the cruise real.

Yep, it was more real once I did check in! I will edit my pic later when I try on my outfits for chic nights.

good to know they can be changed.

also waiting for luggage tags to activate.  Maybe at the one month mark…

39 minutes ago, Kate-in-Canada said:

Yep, it was more real once I did check in! I will edit my pic later when I try on my outfits for chic nights.

good to know they can be changed.

also waiting for luggage tags to activate.  Maybe at the one month mark…

My first picture I shot early in the morning not realizing how bad my bed head was.   I looked like Ann Burrell. 

Anne Burrell | Food Network

• Haha 3

The question was asked in this thread but I don't see an answer.

If reservations are linked together, is it possible for one person to secure boarding times for all the reservations? I understand the PP, Vac and CC information will have to be added individually, but was wondering about the boarding time.

I  checked in last Tuesday for our cruise at the end of July, I added photos of covid vaccinations and booster at the same time. It still says they are validating our records, when we checked in for our cruise in April it only took approx 24 hours to validate. Do I wait or do I need to add them again.

Thanks in advanced

Jim, thanks for the check in information and tips!

We will be checking in later this week for our August Alaska cruise.

Agree that when check in becomes active, it makes the cruise real!

11 hours ago, Cruise Anorak said:

I  checked in last Tuesday for our cruise at the end of July, I added photos of covid vaccinations and booster at the same time. It still says they are validating our records, when we checked in for our cruise in April it only took approx 24 hours to validate. Do I wait or do I need to add them again.

Thanks in advanced

I just checked mine.   I did my checkin for Aug 8 cruise about a week ago and it is still showing pending.   Not particularly worried as you can still pop us your Express Pass.   Worst case they will take a picture of it again when you show it at checkin.

If you are sailing in a suite, do you still need to select a boarding time?   (This is my first Celebrity cruise)   Is there a separate suite guest check in at the pier?  (We are sailing out of Vancouver on Eclipse.)

Good morning.  It's been years since I've done Celebrity and have only done RC when sailings started up again.  Is it 45 days now when you can start your check-in process?  I just booked the Equinox for a September cruise.  Thanks

6 hours ago, Surfguyxxx said:

Good morning.  It's been years since I've done Celebrity and have only done RC when sailings started up again.  Is it 45 days now when you can start your check-in process?  I just booked the Equinox for a September cruise.  Thanks

Yes, 45 days in you can start check in process.

On 6/27/2022 at 3:01 PM, kstetser said:

If you are sailing in a suite, do you still need to select a boarding time?   (This is my first Celebrity cruise)   Is there a separate suite guest check in at the pier?  (We are sailing out of Vancouver on Eclipse.)

Officially no - but you are going to need an express pass  or something  to show that you are in a suite to get into the terminal.    On the App prior to checkin it only shows your room number and doesn't say Suite. It might be more time efficient to just go into the app's CheckIn  and select any time and not have to deal with non-Celebrity staff who have no idea what rooms are suites.   You can boar anytime regardless of time on CheckIn

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 2