Turn Down Service

Cruise Puss

17 hours ago, MissP22 said:

You can still request fresh towels without having the bathroom cleaned at night.

We said we didn't need nightly turn down service. Our steward stocked a pile of towels under the sink. Also spare toilet paper and tissue. When he did the morning service he made sure the "stock pile" was filled.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Thrak said:

We said we didn't need nightly turn down service. Our steward stocked a pile of towels under the sink. Also spare toilet paper and tissue. When he did the morning service he made sure the "stock pile" was filled.

Great idea…will definitely do this on next cruise.

8 hours ago, Thrak said:

Considering the extra amount of cleaning that Covid required from the cabin steward in each cabin on a daily basis this routine may well be the standard until it's not necessary any longer. 

Just finished 2 weeks on Sky Princess 

When the steward introduced himself when we boarded he told us we could have an evening service if we wished. We didn't request it. It's not something we've ever felt the need for. 

When we returned to our room after dinner on the first night our room had been redone, even got our used flannel - we'd just used the one - changed for fresh. 

And this continued for every night of the cruise even though we hadn't requested it

As we are normally independent, back packing, cheap hotel type of travellers it was really nice to have this type of service 

Just got off Emerald Princess, our Cabin Steward told us they were doing a turn down service but we said we didn’t need it . As long as we got the Princess Patter for the next day we were happy. Every evening we called in quickly after dinner before going to the entertainment and every night he asked us if we were okay and did we need anything, bless him. They all seemed to be working every all evening. 

• Like 1

On 6/22/2022 at 8:27 PM, antsp said:

For some rediculous reason you now have to request, more cheapening of the product

As I just said we had to request them not to do it. We didn’t need our cabin doing twice a day. Will certainly make a point of requested no turndown needed on all future cruises. 

3 hours ago, amajaa said:

As I just said we had to request them not to do it. We didn’t need our cabin doing twice a day. Will certainly make a point of requested no turndown needed on all future cruises. 

Saves on gratuities I suppose

32 minutes ago, amajaa said:

No it doesn’t we still gave our chap extra.
 Why make someone who already works hard do something that we don’t need. 

Totally agree with you...We need only service in the morning. I rather prefer NOT to have the evening service..I like the idea of stocking the towels, paper, etc in the morning and of course, I do request my patter every evening.