Oceania vs. Celebrity Retreat

tmk1941

On Oceania, the whole ship is the retreat. Sailing in a Vista next month for the first time and will report back. We typically sail in Penthouse Suites and they are vastly better than Sky Suites on X. 

Every category on Oceania is treated as equal with free access to all dining facilities ( which are indeed The Finest Cuisine At Sea).

If you are looking at a cruise on Marina or Riviera ( and soon Vista), you must try La Reserve. High end menu with excellent wines. Chef served to a limited group. Much better than a Chef's Table on X.

• Like 1

I've sailed a few times on celebrity suites and Oceania. Oceania is hands down much better in the foods department. The celebrity suite restaurant(luminae) is nothing compared to the  general offerings on Oceania(however the french specialty restaurant on celebrity IMO is just as good). That combined with the much smaller crowd and not feeling like cattle makes Oceania a better experience overall. 

That being said of course you pay more for Oceania.... 

Please make sure you are talking the same things, a Vista Suite is a category of suites on all Oceania ships, second only to an Owners Suite in size. A new ship named Vista will debut in April 2023 so the name could be confusing. We have never been in a Celebrity Retreat so can’t offer anything in comparison.  Only sailed once on Celebrity in Aqua Class and it definitely does not compare to Oceania cuisine. 
Lots of Celebrity Refugees on Oceania and you will enjoy the Finest Cuisine at Sea.  
Ciao,

Mauibabes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Today’s GDR lunch menu on Oceania Insignia. Need I say more?

04E92DDA-2E2B-49FB-ABAD-DC1AECE24FF2.jpeg

Stop it!😀 We have 3 more weeks before Nautica. Oh, the agony of waiting.😂

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TERRIER1 said:

When I first started sailing Oceania the GDR was open every day for lunch including prot days. The last time I sailed on Sirena I noticed the GDR was often closed for lunch if in port.

Yes  we found that as well

Some ports there were not many pax  onboard  so the staff were just hanging around 

I suspect that is the reason for the change

JMO