specialty dining and mdr menus, maybe?

I know plans subject to change and menus as well, but have some very picky eaters attending my allure cruise in oct.  I am trying to over prepare and over manage the situation well in advance.  1 of the perks of being retired and ocd.  Also really wish rccl was consistent with the information, but understand they have there reason, ineptitude being 1.  For full disclosure, I am sure you could find this yourselves, I will include the menus I could find and this My info is potentially for the allure only.

What I am looking for is menus at giovani, samba, sabor, chef table, taste of royal and I believe I was able to see the mdr menus ahead of the cruise.  Again, I understand subject to change.  Also either the menus or location of this information is great.  I seem to remember things were easier to find, either sticky or forum locations.  

150main.pdf CHOPDINNER.pdf hybatchi style izumi.pdf IZUMi.pdf

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

All the menus are in the app

HEY, LOOK AT THAT.  I see the menus are all on the app.  I would still like to see if I can get pdf or something to keep on my computer and show the crew.  If not I can show each of them in the app or make them download the app early like me.  

TY greatly.  BTW I believe I even saw this when I first downloaded the app and looked around.  Oh, look all the menus are here.........  whoosh..... gone.   

Thanks again smokey B. and IT

16 minutes ago, miyanc said:

HEY, LOOK AT THAT.  I see the menus are all on the app.  I would still like to see if I can get pdf or something to keep on my computer and show the crew.  If not I can show each of them in the app or make them download the app early like me.  

TY greatly.  BTW I believe I even saw this when I first downloaded the app and looked around.  Oh, look all the menus are here.........  whoosh..... gone.   

Thanks again smokey B. and IT

Take screen shots and e mail your group if they don't want to download the app

1 hour ago, miyanc said:

I know plans subject to change and menus as well, but have some very picky eaters attending my allure cruise in oct.  I am trying to over prepare and over manage the situation well in advance.  1 of the perks of being retired and ocd.  Also really wish rccl was consistent with the information, but understand they have there reason, ineptitude being 1.  For full disclosure, I am sure you could find this yourselves, I will include the menus I could find and this My info is potentially for the allure only.

What I am looking for is menus at giovani, samba, sabor, chef table, taste of royal and I believe I was able to see the mdr menus ahead of the cruise.  Again, I understand subject to change.  Also either the menus or location of this information is great.  I seem to remember things were easier to find, either sticky or forum locations.  

150main.pdf 2.89 MB · 3 downloads CHOPDINNER.pdf 194.25 kB · 1 download hybatchi style izumi.pdf 36.49 kB · 1 download IZUMi.pdf 63.2 kB · 1 download

Picky eaters of course have the right to be so, but dang does it annoy the heck out of me, especially when they are grown adults.  I don't personally deal with it, I say we are going here and here etc.  if you can join us great, if not will see you after dinner.  I don't care how picky you are, one can ALWAYS find something on a menu that they can eat.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

Do they really need to see the menu way  before the cruise?

need is such a strong word.  No THEY do not.  ME on the other hand well, thats the probelm.  I plan, and plan and over plan.  and yes, its not always viewed by my family as a good thing, until they need it.  They get to enjoy the fruits of my labor and in reality, thats why I do it.  

The reason for this early of a look at these things, is because of the udp, 3 night package and anything else related.  We have friends looking to book this cruise with us, but even if its just us, I have me and my wife, my 18 yo son and 12 yo daughter.  I will eat anything.  Really, try anything and rarely struggle to find several things on any menu.  My wife doesnt venture to far from her known foods, my son will try most anything but can eat kraft mac n cheese and be just as happy as a steak.  My daughter eats, just about nothing.  

So the long way to your answer is that I want too understand what they will want to try and try to plan the best path.  In the event the prices for something goes up or down ( we dont normally purchase any pre cruise stuff until after final payment and I am waiting until 7-3 (the last day) to do that because even tho I booked last week, I have already gotten 2 reductions in price) I can purchase dinning plans.  

Historically I missed a huge discount ( I think it was labor day some years back) when pre cruise stuff dropped in price because I couldn't get a straight answer from anyone.  

If thats not enough, resort to my previous statement of planning, more planning and OCD.  BTW I don't disagree I overdue it.  

16 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Picky eaters of course have the right to be so, but dang does it annoy the heck out of me, especially when they are grown adults.  I don't personally deal with it, I say we are going here and here etc.  if you can join us great, if not will see you after dinner.  I don't care how picky you are, one can ALWAYS find something on a menu that they can eat.  

I envy you.  In my case, I am sure my wife would be upset I was eating without her regardless who was at fault ( we all know its her, but please don't say anything).

• Haha 1

The MDR is used to working with picky eaters. There is always a plain chicken, fish, pasta dish available.  Adults can order off the childrens menu if they wish.  Sauces can be had on the side or not at all.  Side dishes can be moved from one dish to another.  I too am an Uber planner but I’ve taken this worry off my “plate “ 😁

• Like 1

10 hours ago, miyanc said:

BTW, I dont see giovani or chops on the app. I also dont see royal taste, not really sure what that is....

I looked up Allure of the Seas, clicked on "Things to Do".  There it shows dining venues.  Click on Giovani and Chops to see the sample menu. I am going  to try to upload the pdf's I found there.

giovannis-table-menu-sample.pdf

chops-grille-menu-sample.pdf

So can you order as many entrees as you want in the specialty restaurants like in the MDR?  Last cruise I was on my waiter basically said whatever I want he’ll get it for me, as many times over.  Or will there be an added fee?

49 minutes ago, Yakker1749 said:

So can you order as many entrees as you want in the specialty restaurants like in the MDR?  Last cruise I was on my waiter basically said whatever I want he’ll get it for me, as many times over.  Or will there be an added fee?

One entree per customer.

My family has picky eaters.  Gluten Free, vegans, piscaterians, only meat eaters, etc.  We always find items to eat.  We take the unlimited  special dining plans and never have had a dining problems.

Also, choices in suite dining room not a problem.  Enjoy your cruise- Believe me, nobody starves on a cruise!  The goal IMO is try to eat much less!  LOL

9 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

One entree per customer.

Unless you have UDP:

"Savor the savings with the Unlimited Dining Package! For one low price, you can enjoy multiple entrees and visit multiple specialty restaurants every night of your sailing. And as an added perk, this unlimited package also applies to lunch at specialty restaurants on sea days. Plus, enjoy a discount of 40% off bottles of wine under $100 and 20% off bottles above $100 while dining in specialty restaurants."

• Like 1

On 6/25/2022 at 4:45 PM, poocher said:

The MDR is used to working with picky eaters. There is always a plain chicken, fish, pasta dish available.  Adults can order off the childrens menu if they wish.  Sauces can be had on the side or not at all.  Side dishes can be moved from one dish to another.  I too am an Uber planner but I’ve taken this worry off my “plate “ 😁

hehehe.  my daughter doesn't eat chicken, fish or pasta, or steak or beef, picky for sure, she eats but i usually dont plan her meals in these situations.  

On 6/25/2022 at 9:43 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

I looked up Allure of the Seas, clicked on "Things to Do".  There it shows dining venues.  Click on Giovani and Chops to see the sample menu. I am going  to try to upload the pdf's I found there.

giovannis-table-menu-sample.pdf 2.68 MB · 11 downloads

chops-grille-menu-sample.pdf 624.31 kB · 7 downloads

ty, I have the chops, but giovani wasnt on my planner.  also funny enough, my son who is 18, when asked about specialty meals, said he doesnt want steak every night.  I tried to explain that was why i was getting the menus but that i wouldnt be eating steak every night either, even if it was ulimited dining.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2022 at 11:02 PM, RandomUser123 said:

I have a 4 year old who is a picky eater. The kid however does love Mashed Potatoes and Spaghetti (without Sauce) so worst case scenario I know I at least have those staples to stuff his face with.

luckier then me, mine is 11, almost 12, and she has only gotten worse.  no mashed or pasta.  bread sticks maybe and mac and cheese, but only kraft and only the noodles and only the original and only at a specific temp......................  I am sure she will find something.

On 6/26/2022 at 6:05 AM, Cruise a holic said:

My family has picky eaters.  Gluten Free, vegans, piscaterians, only meat eaters, etc.  We always find items to eat.  We take the unlimited  special dining plans and never have had a dining problems.

Also, choices in suite dining room not a problem.  Enjoy your cruise- Believe me, nobody starves on a cruise!  The goal IMO is try to eat much less!  LOL

no suites for us.  We hunted for the best deal we could find.  settled on an inside room for 4 and were lucky enough to be able to get a balcony when prices dropped.  we are currently under the price of my last rccl cruise in 2019 for me and my wife on the symphony with a virtual balcony for 2.  I need to look at the allure in 2017 which was an ocean view balcony, but probably more as well.  

and yes, nobody will starve.  I am just an overplanner, as stated, I want them all to get the most out of it.  I would love and highly encourage it on every cruise, for all of them to try anything and everything.  its mostly already paid for, now is the time.  

On 6/26/2022 at 12:08 PM, rudeney said:

Unless you have UDP:

"Savor the savings with the Unlimited Dining Package! For one low price, you can enjoy multiple entrees and visit multiple specialty restaurants every night of your sailing. And as an added perk, this unlimited package also applies to lunch at specialty restaurants on sea days. Plus, enjoy a discount of 40% off bottles of wine under $100 and 20% off bottles above $100 while dining in specialty restaurants."

Sorry.  I didn't see any mention of the UDP in the question.

46 minutes ago, miyanc said:

hehehe.  my daughter doesn't eat chicken, fish or pasta, or steak or beef, picky for sure, she eats but i usually dont plan her meals in these situations.  

I’ll bite, what does she eat?  Might be easier to help if we knew.

On 6/28/2022 at 11:33 AM, poocher said:

I’ll bite, what does she eat?  Might be easier to help if we knew.

bread sticks, maybe pizza, french fries and chocolate stuff.  pancakes.  I am not woried about her because she eats so little.  Usually we arrange before or after dinner if she doesnt eat mdr.