Glass Blowing Experience - Solistice

lakegirl16

I'm on the Solstice in mid December and read that there is a glass blowing experience on board.  Posts suggest you can register in advance in the section where you find internet purchases.  I'm not seeing this?  Maybe, too early?  Appreciate any information anyone can offer.  Thanks in advance!!

Check under "Internet and More" for the Glass Blowing.  The final price for glass blowing is dependent on the piece of glass you choose to make.  The online price gets you a reservation for the class.

image.png.f0cd2a2a3405dac81b3db3ac6cfbc23e.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

DH did it and thoroughly enjoyed it.  He has blown glass off and on for years but we now live in a rural area with the nearest hot glass studio about 2hrs away.  He learned some new techniques and will probably do it again in December when we are on the Solstice.

• Like 2

If you do sign up (and you totally should 😃) be sure to go to area and set the day and time you want early on. We did signed up for the second sea day 12 night cruise) and it was perfect. You will have to go back the next day or so to retrieve it. I suggest not waiting till the last full day to do this awesome event! Attached is ouu finished products!

PC232439.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, lakegirl16 said:

Thanks everyone.  I don't see it under the internet options for my cruise.  Maybe too early, since the cruise is December?

Our last cruise was in Dec on Solstice (2019).  I am somewhat surprised that you don't see it yet in your cruise planner.  Be patient and keep watching for it.  Worst case is that you will have to sign up when you get on board. 

• Like 1

I've just checked the Cruise Planner for our cruise on Eclipse in December and can't find any reference to glass blowing.

I would have loved to try this.

Isn't it offered on Aust-NZ cruises?

Sue

2 hours ago, spw1947 said:

I've just checked the Cruise Planner for our cruise on Eclipse in December and can't find any reference to glass blowing.

I would have loved to try this.

Isn't it offered on Aust-NZ cruises?

Sue

Our last cruise on Solstice (Dec 2019) was a round trip sailing to New Zealand out of Sydney. The glass blowing classes were offered including on Christmas day. 

16 hours ago, lakegirl16 said:

Thanks everyone.  I don't see it under the internet options for my cruise.  Maybe too early, since the cruise is December?

On my planner for December 1 Equinox, it is under Onboard Activities - last option to right on planner screnn.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2022 at 2:17 PM, dream2cruise said:

Check under "Internet and More" for the Glass Blowing.  The final price for glass blowing is dependent on the piece of glass you choose to make.  The online price gets you a reservation for the class.

image.png.f0cd2a2a3405dac81b3db3ac6cfbc23e.png

Yikes, so for $115 you get nothing but 20 minutes? That’s really misleading since it says choose from one of eight designs. The site should really say explicitly that there’s another charge on top of that. 

6 minutes ago, schittenden said:

Yikes, so for $115 you get nothing but 20 minutes? That’s really misleading since it says choose from one of eight designs. The site should really say explicitly that there’s another charge on top of that. 

The cost of the session includes a finished product of your choosing among a select set..if you want something larger you pay the extra. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, schittenden said:

I have not done this so I am not speaking from personal experience.  There are other posts here on Cruise Critic about the glass blowing class.  Elaborate designs may cost more to do.  It sounds like some basic designs are covered with the online price.  Most seem to thoroughly enjoy it.  I haven’t seen any bad reviews.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2022 at 2:58 PM, lakegirl16 said:

It is showing up on our Sept 2022 cruise planner under internet for Solstice.

12 hours ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

The cost of the session includes a finished product of your choosing among a select set..if you want something larger you pay the extra. 

That makes much more sense!  Thanks for the clarification.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2022 at 9:03 PM, mahdnc said:

Our last cruise on Solstice (Dec 2019) was a round trip sailing to New Zealand out of Sydney. The glass blowing classes were offered including on Christmas day. 

Thanks mahdnc, I'll keep my fingers crossed!