Cabin crawl

We are invited to a cabin crawl. A first for that. A friend said you give a gift to each person in the crawl but that is all she knew. Does anyone know what kind of gifts and how much do people usually spend on each gift? Thank you!!

Edited by forkdude52

I’ve never seen gifts in a cabin crawl.  Some who have offered their cabins for the crawl have some snacks out, but not mandatory.  I thought the purpose of the crawl was to see as many different types of cabins as possible.  EM

Gifts ?  Not normally.  I guess you could....

A cabin crawl is just an organized "cabin viewing" event.  A bunch of people agree to "show" their cabins (not that you have to show to be part of a cabin crawl...you can participate just to be a viewer).  This is a wonderful way to get a look at the different types of cabins on the ship.  You will normally get a range of cabin types from interiors to full suites.

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have never heard of gifts being given.    

They used to have a trivia event at the meet and mingle-I won a dinner at a specialty restaurant at one and a bottle of wine at another.  The event proceeded the cabin crawl.  It was arranged by guests on the cruise critic website who were sailing on the cruise.  Some arranged other activities also.  Like a slot pull.  Since covid, perhaps all have been suspended.

Edited by Cruise a holic

11 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

They used to have a trivia event at the meet and mingle-I won a dinner at a specialty restaurant at one and a bottle of wine at another.  The event proceeded the cabin crawl.  It was arranged by guests on the cruise critic website who were sailing on the cruise.  Some arranged other activities also.  Like a slot pull.  Since covid, perhaps all have been suspended.

Official RCCL-hosted Meet and Mingle has been suspended indefinitely "because...COVID".  These other activities are all unofficial and up to the participants to manage.  Some roll calls are having their own unofficial Meet and Mingle events by scheduling a time to get together at a designated location.  There won't be any official RCCL involvement (so no freebies) but all of these are still fun ways to meet fellow CC members and make some new friends.

• Like 1

I have organized 3 different cabin crawls when we were in Star Class suites.  It's always fun to have guests in the SC suites b/c you can have food and drinks arranged by the Genie and Room Service.  They are a lot of work to organize and execute so I haven't done one in a while.  If you can get into a cabin crawl that is showing any SC suites, I recommend you go !  There will always be goodies at those.

In the past, there was a gift exchange - bring a gift for a certain $amount then take a gift. The suggestion was that your gift be something that represents where you live. 

This was organized by someone on the roll call and took place after the Meet and 

Mingle have nice the officers and staff left the gathering.

A Cabin Crawl was a different activity.

MJ

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

I’ve never seen gifts in a cabin crawl.  Some who have offered their cabins for the crawl have some snacks out, but not mandatory.  I thought the purpose of the crawl was to see as many different types of cabins as possible.  EM

Also my view of the purpose of a cabin crawl - gives a quick idea of what different accommodations are like.   Notion of gifts seems awkward - what do you get, how many, and (basically) why are questions which come to mind.

The crawls we have attended have always ended in one of the larger suites. and the occupants supplied some simple refreshments (juice and pastries, wine and h'ors doeurves depending on time of day).  This did not always happen.  There really are no set rules and as another poster said, the real purpose is just to let everyone see, up close, different types of cabins.  Hope you enjoy yours.

• Like 1

I wonder if someone is confusing two different events???   Sometimes a roll call group will organize a Gift Exchange in conjunction with the Meet & Mingle.  People who want to participate bring a gift that represents their state or city.  There's usually a price limit and some kind of agreed upon process (like Dirty Santa) for drawing names or numbers to exchange the gifts.   And sometimes people will voluntarily bring something to be donated as a door prize at the Meet & Mingle.  Usually there's a Royal Caribbean rep there with some RC swag for door prizes, and whatever people bring gets added to that and given away by drawing ticket stubs.

Cabin Crawls are different.  It's like going to a bunch of real estate open houses during a designated time period.  People volunteer to "open" their cabins for viewing, and those who want to see different types of cabins walk around the ship to view them.

We've participated in many Cabin Crawls, both as a host and as participants, but none of them have really involved gifts.  I've seen a candy bowl in a cabin before.  Also a cookie tray.  On one Mardi Gras cruise years ago, a pair of ladies handed out mardi gras beads in their cabin, but that was more like a party favor.  

If you volunteer to "host" your cabin for the Cabin Crawl, you stay in it during the agreed time period, prop your door open, and let the participants come visit and see it.  When you participate in a Cabin Crawl, you just meet up with the group that wants to view cabins at the designated time, you are given the list of cabin numbers, and you proceed to visit the cabins that people have volunteered to open for viewing.

• Like 1

We've done the gift exchange that was mentioned above.  That was fun, but it all was arranged and agreed upon in the roll call thread.  If you didn't want to participate, then don't.  We ended up walking out with a cutting board in the shape of the State of Oklahoma! 🤣

The only "gifts" I've ever heard about on a Cabin Crawl was either something like the cookies mentioned above or something VERY token and along the lines of a party favor.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCPIV said:

We've done the gift exchange that was mentioned above.  That was fun, but it all was arranged and agreed upon in the roll call thread.  If you didn't want to participate, then don't.  We ended up walking out with a cutting board in the shape of the State of Oklahoma! 🤣

The only "gifts" I've ever heard about on a Cabin Crawl was either something like the cookies mentioned above or something VERY token and along the lines of a party favor.

Oh.  Dear.  I'm from Oklahoma and would not use that cutting board as it's kind of weirdly shaped for its purpose!:classic_ohmy:    When I participate in a gift exchange, I usually bring a bottle of wine from an Oklahoma winery!

1 minute ago, foxgoodrich said:

Oh.  Dear.  I'm from Oklahoma and would not use that cutting board as it's kind of weirdly shaped for its purpose!:classic_ohmy:    When I participate in a gift exchange, I usually bring a bottle of wine from an Oklahoma winery!

It actually works great as a cheese board!  The size and (pan)handle are terrific!

You are correct that it's not much as a cutting board, but it comes out for just about every party we have!

Just now, DCPIV said:

It actually works great as a cheese board!  The size and (pan)handle are terrific!

You are correct that it's not much as a cutting board, but it comes out for just about every party we have!

Hey - that's a great way to use it and the panhandle makes sense for that purpose!   (And since you are from Texas, you can tell your guests it's your way to acknowledge that you live in Baha Oklahoma............bahabahabaha....:classic_laugh:)

• Haha 1