Random Oasis Zipline Question...AGAIN!

I was watching my favorite Hallmark movie, "Love At Sea" which was shot on Harmony. 

They featured a few scenes with the zipline, and I noticed they had what looked like a GoPro type strap on the helmet. That got me thinking:

1.) Do they do that on Oasis (my next cruise, and yes, I'll be riding the zipline MANY times!)?

2.) Do they do that for everyone?

3.) What do they do with the footage after?

Curious minds want to know!

3 minutes ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

I was watching my favorite Hallmark movie, "Love At Sea" which was shot on Harmony. 

They featured a few scenes with the zipline, and I noticed they had what looked like a GoPro type strap on the helmet. That got me thinking:

1.) Do they do that on Oasis (my next cruise, and yes, I'll be riding the zipline MANY times!)?

2.) Do they do that for everyone?

3.) What do they do with the footage after?

Curious minds want to know!

Not worth riding more than once. It’s a second long. No they will not let you have a go pro. God forbid something falls from you and lands on somebody below the liability would be crazy. Go on a zip line excursion not this second thing. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, renza said:

Not worth riding more than once. It’s a second long. No they will not let you have a go pro. God forbid something falls from you and lands on somebody below the liability would be crazy. Go on a zip line excursion not this second thing. 

Oh trust me, I plan on booking a zipline excursion as well!

7 minutes ago, the_dylaness said:

Uh oh... sounds like a happy daughter and a disappointed, just shy of the limit son. Next time. Thank you!

Oh! You have another interesting x-ray in your avatar. :classic_biggrin:

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, the_dylaness said:

Uh oh... sounds like a happy daughter and a disappointed, just shy of the limit son. Next time. Thank you!

My daredevil is too small (she's very small for her age and the reason I knew where to find the minimums).  My child who can go on it will likely go no where near it.

This has most of the requirements: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2017/02/02/free-royal-caribbean-onboard-physical-and-fun-activities#:~:text=Passengers must be at least,guests must sign a waiver.  I can't find much on the water slide requirements so I'm just crossing my fingers they aren't as high.

Edited by gluecksbaer

17 minutes ago, the_dylaness said:

My daredevil is too small (she's very small for her age and the reason I knew where to find the minimums).  My child who can go on it will likely go no where near it.

This has most of the requirements: RC blog with height requirements.  I can't find much on the water slide requirements so I'm just crossing my fingers they aren't as high.

35 minutes ago, the_dylaness said:

If they meet the height requirement they weigh with the equipment on. My son is exactly 75 lbs fully clothed but with the equipment on he was 80

49 minutes ago, doppelganger2621 said:

If they meet the height requirement they weigh with the equipment on. My son is exactly 75 lbs fully clothed but with the equipment on he was 80

Good to know.  

I'm not sure if she will make the height requirement but that's more likely than weight.  She might get to 70lbs if I tell her she can go on a zipline.

7 minutes ago, gluecksbaer said:

Good to know.  

I'm not sure if she will make the height requirement but that's more likely than weight.  She might get to 70lbs if I tell her she can go on a zipline.

There's also one at Cocoa Cay. If you go to my bio, I created a video about my last cruise. While the zipline wasn't a focus, I did feature it. I'm doing the sane itinerary in February and Cocoa Cay will be the focus.

And yes, I know it's a computer voice, I'm changing that for the next video.

8 hours ago, doppelganger2621 said:

Thanks, good to know!  For my son it's both, I think he's just not big enough/old enough.  He's pushing 50 inches on a good day: 🙂

13 hours ago, renza said:

And this is why there is Celebrity.