Change in NCL Free At Sea Specialty Dinning - (Last January)

K Cross

Until last January the Free At Sea Promotion included 5 "free" dinners on cruises 15 days or longer. We booked such a cruise in 2020 which will sail in March of 2023. In January NCL changed the promotion to now include only 3 dinners.

I'm making the strong assumption that since the cruise was booked prior to the promotion change it will be grandfathered to the original terms of the promotion. 

I'm sure others were in the same boat (pun intended) and have already cruised since the promotion change. So the question.... did you receive the benefits of the promotion you booked under? 

1 hour ago, K Cross said:

Until last January the Free At Sea Promotion included 5 "free" dinners on cruises 15 days or longer. We booked such a cruise in 2020 which will sail in March of 2023. In January NCL changed the promotion to now include only 3 dinners.

I'm making the strong assumption that since the cruise was booked prior to the promotion change it will be grandfathered to the original terms of the promotion. 

I'm sure others were in the same boat (pun intended) and have already cruised since the promotion change. So the question.... did you receive the benefits of the promotion you booked under? 

There is no pun.  You will be on a SHIP not a BOAT.

On 7/2/2022 at 8:10 PM, K Cross said:

I'm now noticing that our upcoming 18 day transatlantic only includes 2 specialty dinners each.  It was booked last month (June 2022).  Did they reduce it again or should it be 3 since it's over 15 days?

42 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

I'm now noticing that our upcoming 18 day transatlantic only includes 2 specialty dinners each.  It was booked last month (June 2022).  Did they reduce it again or should it be 3 since it's over 15 days?

the changes went into effect around January 2022, way before you booked that cruise

7 hours ago, shof515 said:

the changes went into effect around January 2022, way before you booked that cruise

I understand that.  What confused me was that the OP stated that he was getting 3 because his cruise was over 15 days.  My cruise is over 15 days too so I was wondering why I only got 2.  The chart posted by TexasGal clarifies it.  I did not book a balcony so that explains it.

Edited by Travelling2Some
  • Like 1