No entertainment on Pearl

Alex_77

We are booked on a September cruise from Boston to Quebec City on Pearl and right now the entertainment button in the planning section says Zero. Have they removed all shows etc?

any recent cruisers on Pearl able to comment please?

22 minutes ago, Alex_77 said:

We are booked on a September cruise from Boston to Quebec City on Pearl and right now the entertainment button in the planning section says Zero. Have they removed all shows etc?

We're going on the Pearl in a couple of weeks to Bermuda.  I'm not expecting production shows like the big ships (BA, Joy) but I'm sure there will be entertainment.   Our personalizer has zero too 

1 hour ago, Tyskie said:

We're going on the Pearl in a couple of weeks to Bermuda.  I'm not expecting production shows like the big ships (BA, Joy) but I'm sure there will be entertainment.   Our personalizer has zero too 

What is a personalizer?

I was  On the pearl about 2 weeks ago. There was plenty of entertainment, live music every night in the bars, and the big show in the theater every night, though it was usually just a comedian, vocalist or small show. Nothing that actually sparked my interest enough to see one.. I'm not sure anything ever showed up in advance for me either.

I think the OP was asking IF there is entertainment ( which I take meant full scale production shows), not how to book entertainment. There was none on our cruise in April on the Pearl, none that i have heard of lately, and our cruise in October still says 0 under entertainment.

1 minute ago, cruiserbear55 said:

I think the OP was asking IF there is entertainment ( which I take meant full scale production shows), not how to book entertainment. There was none on our cruise in April on the Pearl, none that i have heard of lately, and our cruise in October still says 0 under entertainment.

The OP specifically mentioned the "planning section", which to me indicated they were may have talking about booking entertainment, although you may be right about the "IF". On the smaller ships even though production shows are displayed there you still can't book reservations for them and since the planning section doesn't tell you which shows will be presented on which nights not only can't you book them, you can't even plan for them.

The Pearl is a unique case because of the ship is used so frequently used for charters. Because production shows are expensive to produce long term entertainment, with the same show running on the same ship for many months, even years, NCL may have decided it just wasn't practical to run production shows on that ship. There's still plenty of other entertainment on the ship.

I just got off the Pearl.

First night, there was a single welcome aboard show featuring the comedian (didn't go).

Second night, a production show with two showings (missed due to dinner).

Third night, family friendly comedian.

Fourth night, a single broadway singer.

Fifth night, adults only (by content yes, by audience, no) comedian.

Sixth night, a production show.

Last night, the single broadway singer.

To say that I wasn't impressed with the entertainment would be an understatement.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

I just got off the Pearl.

First night, there was a single welcome aboard show featuring the comedian (didn't go).

Second night, a production show with two showings (missed due to dinner).

Third night, family friendly comedian.

Fourth night, a single broadway singer.

Fifth night, adults only (by content yes, by audience, no) comedian.

Sixth night, a production show.

Last night, the single broadway singer.

To say that I wasn't impressed with the entertainment would be an understatement.

Do you remember what the production show was?  Age of Aquarius maybe?  They did that back in April . Seemed to be a hastily thrown together not very memorable musical, which they did in Bliss Lounge.

Doesn't help you for September, but the rock cover band (Ice Bucket Band Philippines) that was with us on the Star was having their contract renewed for an October start on the Pearl. They were with us in May, contract ended June 1st, so they're back home now and returning to the Pearl in October. Or at least that was their plan when we last saw them and chatted a bit.

1 hour ago, cruiserbear55 said:

Do you remember what the production show was?  Age of Aquarius maybe?  They did that back in April . Seemed to be a hastily thrown together not very memorable musical, which they did in Bliss Lounge.

The shows were Pure Variety and Legends in Concert.

I was on the Pearl in April as well, but skipped the shows. At least this time the offerings were slightly better.

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

The shows were Pure Variety and Legends in Concert.

I was on the Pearl in April as well, but skipped the shows. At least this time the offerings were slightly better.

When we went in May we saw Pure Variety and Legends production shows in the main theater. The Aquarius show was in the Spinnaker Lounge. These shows were very entertaining. We missed the show that was one of the singers from the production shows performing. I wished we had gone because he had a great voice. We saw a comedian that was funnier at the family show than he was at his adult show, but it was his last night on the ship. Another night we saw an  aerialist duo.

I would say that it was pretty much the same type of entertainment line up that all the smaller ships have.

7 hours ago, Alex_77 said:

There are no shows that can be reserved. First come first serve nightly in the treater. Enjoy!