New Soda Cup Design

Just a bit of advice, if you’re cruising soon don’t expect an insulated tumbler if you’re getting the drink package. I’m currently on Symphony of the Seas and they’ve given plastic cups with lids to every person who purchased one so far. Thankfully we brought Yeti tumblers so our drinks are staying cool but wanted to pass on the advice to others who may be cruising soon!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

27 minutes ago, chale63 said:

Just a bit of advice, if you’re cruising soon don’t expect an insulated tumbler if you’re getting the drink package. I’m currently on Symphony of the Seas and they’ve given plastic cups with lids to every person who purchased one so far. Thankfully we brought Yeti tumblers so our drinks are staying cool but wanted to pass on the advice to others who may be cruising soon!

Do they hold more liquid? Those soda tumblers were virtually useless, once they were filled with ice.  

• Like 1

We’re carrying the cups they give you with the sticker and using them to get whatever we want but them dumping whatever we get into the Yetis. Drinks are staying a lot cooler that way. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

56 minutes ago, flamingos said:

Do they hold more liquid? Those soda tumblers were virtually useless, once they were filled with ice.  

Depends on the tumbler you bring. Ours are 30 ounces so definitely more room for liquid and ice. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lane Hog said:

Or, maybe the supply chain problems are manifesting in a shortage of the tumblers, and that's the backup tumbler?......

I think that’s probably it because they haven’t changed any of the graphics for the beverage packages. Not complaining, just wanted others to be aware of the situation so they can be prepared. 

• Thanks 2

Thanks for the update!

I saw something today on Google News (https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2022/07/02/royal-caribbean-updates-labadee-suite-change-starlink-approved-cup-change-more )

and it too said that RCL is using new cups and the labels on the bottle keep coming off (where the machine will NOT disperse any drink then).

Using the cup to get the drink, then poring it into a big Hydro Flask/Yenti/Takeye/etc. makes a lot of sense! 

Hope that RCL security doesn't try to think I am using someone else's package!

Edited by Project-College
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, ceo418 said:

Can the freestyle machines be used without the special chip/sticker? Do they have cups at the machines for people who don't want to carry the special cups around?

No and no. 

1 hour ago, bayportkat said:

I wonder if you could attach the sticker from the cup to a personal tumbler?  Since the sticker comes off?  Curious if anyone has done this?

Shouldn't be an issue.  I had removed the sticker (contains the rfid chip) from the tumbler and used it on my own container in the past. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, bayportkat said:

I wonder if you could attach the sticker from the cup to a personal tumbler?  Since the sticker comes off?  Curious if anyone has done this?

You can find videos on Youtube exactly how to do it like this one:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

It would be nice if Royal just programed your card to start with and insert it like a credit card to use the machine.  I don't think I'm brave enough to try the method this young fella shows in the video.

• Like 14

49 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I saw this video or a similar one a long time ago and forgot about it. I was thinking more than one person wanted to share the soda package. Why else would you destroy your cup while still on the ship????

Anyway, if my chip falls off of my cup on my cruise next week, I am going to try this on my own insulated cup.

• Like 1

Only problems with the 'hacks' on youtube is that they refer to the old (Nice) souvenir cups not the crappy plastic ones now, with a sticker.

Someone posted on one of the forums that if you try to take the sticker off and it causes a problem and u wreck the sticker... just return the cup and get a new one.

Those old cups were a nice souvenir and funny enough are STILL sold in the souvenir shop!

I prefer to use my Tervis Tumber (as have used for all previous cruises) as it is double walled, never sweats and doesn't dent.  Got um at Bed,Bath and Beyond in the past.

I did call RCL and ask 'Why the crappy cups when u still have the souvenir cups... they told me if I don't like it cancel the Refreshment Package!

Kinda crude but they have been that way about some of the UDP changes as well.

Not sure if I will stay with RCL or go back to NCL... lets see how the Oasis 8/5 cruise goes.

• Like 2

... and be careful of the height of the tumber alternatives.  The damn machines will NOT take the tall ones unless tilted and if you tilt, it wont see the label.

I wonder if you can put the label on your sea pass, put in on the bottom of the machine, then put your tumble in?

Since the Refreshment package is on your sea pass...I agree with SMWG, Why doesn't RCL just keep everything to the Sea Pass card????

• Like 3

7 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

If rcl are not issuing out the freestyle cups then they should say at the time of booking. I know my dau will be extremely disappointed if she dosnt get a cup in Aug when we cruise.

I have a cupboard full of them.  I'll sell them to you.  🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1