Warning if your about to cruise on Coral.

37 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

No problems at all.

Airlie today was cool wet and windy.

My only complaint is that we keep losing at trivia. 😉

The winter weather is so unpredictable.  The previous cruise had two days of beautiful weather at Airlie Beach, which was their only port of call. 

• Like 1

On 7/24/2022 at 5:58 PM, Cbtours said:

I hope princess redeems herself so you might travel with them again so I can eventually meet you in person 🥰🥰🥰

Thank you for the kind wishes, would love to meet all the helpful and kind CC posters one fine day.  I must admit that I am remembering and enjoying the good times we had more so now than the hiccups and lack of support from Princess, so will likely sail with them again 🙂 They'll go on my "will sail with you [and for Air NZ, fly] as long as it suits me" - I really must learn to forgive and forget, hehehe.

We're booked on a Coral Princess Auckland/Hawaii return trip in September next year (no flights involved) and Auckland to Dover segment of world cruise in April 2024, again on Coral, but dependent on world situation nearer the time.

We were cushioned from world news while away and have come home to news of covid numbers, ram raids, gun violence, poverty, rising cost of living, petrol prices etc etc etc, so must admit it was lovely being in that protected bubble for the 5 days. 

All the very best to you and Frank, to Michael and Cathryn, to Joyce and to all the other supportive and informative posters here - you were a God-send 🙏 🥰

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Thank you for the kind wishes, would love to meet all the helpful and kind CC posters one fine day.  I must admit that I am remembering and enjoying the good times we had more so now than the hiccups and lack of support from Princess, so will likely sail with them again 🙂 They'll go on my "will sail with you [and for Air NZ, fly] as long as it suits me" - I really must learn to forgive and forget, hehehe.

We're booked on a Coral Princess Auckland/Hawaii return trip in September next year (no flights involved) and Auckland to Dover segment of world cruise in April 2024, again on Coral, but dependent on world situation nearer the time.

We were cushioned from world news while away and have come home to news of covid numbers, ram raids, gun violence, poverty, rising cost of living, petrol prices etc etc etc, so must admit it was lovely being in that protected bubble for the 5 days. 

All the very best to you and Frank, to Michael and Cathryn, to Joyce and to all the other supportive and informative posters here - you were a God-send 🙏 🥰

The Hawaii/Tahiti cruise is awesome. We did it in 2019 from Sydney. Lots of sea days though, which we loved.

We're booked on the 2024 world cruise so might see you onboard.😊

• Like 2

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

The Hawaii/Tahiti cruise is awesome. We did it in 2019 from Sydney. Lots of sea days though, which we loved.

We’re interested in the Hawaiian one. As long as our Oct round aus goes ahead we’ll prob try to change to the Hawaiian one. Currently we’re on the Oct 22 and Feb 24 round aus

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

We’re interested in the Hawaiian one. As long as our Oct round aus goes ahead we’ll prob try to change to the Hawaiian one. Currently we’re on the Oct 22 and Feb 24 round aus

We're doing the Round Australia cruise in Oct 23.

There haven't been any mutterings about the Oct 22 one being cancelled or changed so hopefully it will go ahead. By then QLD, NSW, VIC, and SA will have had cruise ships in port. Hopefully WA, NT and TAS won't throw any tantrums.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We're doing the Round Australia cruise in Oct 23.

There haven't been any mutterings about the Oct 22 one being cancelled or changed so hopefully it will go ahead. By then QLD, NSW, VIC, and SA will have had cruise ships in port. Hopefully WA, NT and TAS won't throw any tantrums.

I haven’t heard any but guess I’m watching the WA side of things as there are 5 ports there I think and if they don’t go there it substantially alters it. We head off to South Africa nov 22 and arrive back dec 22 this year. And Melbourne to nz Feb 23. If the cruise goes to plan we’d change the round aus one in 24 in favour of another itinerary 

52 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Internet is good. At the moment I'm streaming ABC iview to the TV with no problems while using my phone for CC.

Thanks for your response Sinbad.  Sounds good for our round Oz Oct/Nov 22 cruise ... well, assuming the itinerary isn't butchered.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

No problems at all.

Airlie today was cool wet and windy.

My only complaint is that we keep losing at trivia. 😉

You need to team-up with that couple that are doing umpteen B2Bs. I reckon they have seen all of the questions/answers by now.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, arxcards said:

You need to team-up with that couple that are doing umpteen B2Bs. I reckon they have seen all of the questions/answers by now.

Hahaha, saw them at the most cruised passengers segment of the captain's cocktail function. Were 3rd placed but will be top in no time 😄

Edited by Jean C
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Cbtours said:

Goodo 👍 Just before I fell asleep last night (better than at 2am) it drifted through my brain that Sparky is Mark, not Michael - humblest apologies, it's important to get names right 😪 The first time I typed Cathryn's name I very carefully entered it correctly but the darned auto correct figured it knew better 🥴 Missing the cruise ship, my body is still experiencing it's movement, hehehe 🌊

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

As I say to Keith, and said to Henry, our Provence waiter, they're not "sea days", they're "buffet days", hehehe (just joking, only 1 kg damage, so not too bad) 😉 

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Jean C said:

So glad the cruise turned out good for you and especially that Princess redeemed herself enough to reconsider you might one day sail her again 🥰🥰🥰

hmm perhaps we could check out the Auckland Hawaii trip in place of doing round aus twice! We’re in Melbourne so have to fly most places to cruise.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Goodo 👍 Just before I fell asleep last night (better than at 2am) it drifted through my brain that Sparky is Mark, not Michael - humblest apologies, it's important to get names right 😪 The first time I typed Cathryn's name I very carefully entered it correctly but the darned auto correct figured it knew better 🥴 Missing the cruise ship, my body is still experiencing it's movement, hehehe 🌊

I know what you mean re missing the ship, though we didn’t experience any movement at all it was such calm seas! I especially miss cruising when it’s time to eat and I’m the one who has to prepare it 😂😂😂😂

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jean C said:

I've spent a considerable amount of time at sea in small boats without any residual effects, but always rock for about 10 days after a cruise.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Cbtours said:

So glad the cruise turned out good for you and especially that Princess redeemed herself enough to reconsider you might one day sail her again 🥰🥰🥰

hmm perhaps we could check out the Auckland Hawaii trip in place of doing round aus twice! We’re in Melbourne so have to fly most places to cruise.

The Hawaii/Tahiti cruise usually has two or three embarkation ports. The March/April one is usually round trip from Sydney and Brisbane, the September one is round trip from Auckland, Sydney and Brisbane. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cbtours said:

I know what you mean re missing the ship, though we didn’t experience any movement at all it was such calm seas! I especially miss cruising when it’s time to eat and I’m the one who has to prepare it 😂😂😂😂

Me too! That's one of the best things about cruising - no cooking!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The Hawaii/Tahiti cruise usually has two or three embarkation ports. The March/April one is usually round trip from Sydney and Brisbane, the September one is round trip from Auckland, Sydney and Brisbane. 

I was just checking and saw that we could go from Sydney sep 23 and pic up Jean in Auckland 🥰

32 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

The one on 30th sept isnt?

Cruise Details - 35-Day Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific - Princess Cruises

round trip from sydney???

Hi all, our Hawaii trip is from Auckland on Sat 16 Sept 2023, over to Sydney then Brisbane, off to Hawaii and return home on Sat 21 Oct. As you can see, if this trip goes ahead we lose our pleb status and become elite 🙃

Screenshot_20220801-143252_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220801-143509_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220801-143525_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220801-143558_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Hi all, our Hawaii trip is from Auckland on Sat 16 Sept 2023, over to Sydney then Brisbane, off to Hawaii and return home on Sat 21 Oct. As you can see, if this trip goes ahead we lose our pleb status and become elite 🙃

Screenshot_20220801-143252_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220801-143509_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220801-143525_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220801-143558_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hoping it goes ahead...... we achieved elite doing our four b2b out of brisbane so looking forward to travelling elite on our round aus in Oct this year 

• Like 2