Live from Infinity 16-23 July 2022. Questions? Ask away

cruisestitch

Anyone know what drinks other than wine the Cellar Master serves on the Infinity, deck 5? On the Summit that same location was a small bar and lounge area that we like a lot. I wonder if it's possible to get a martini, etc at the Cell Masters.

Thanks.

Doug

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

You will find the same on infinity.

Thanks very much. We liked the ambiance and location of that bar very much, good to know we can that again. Our cabin is on the aft port quarter, so it's very convenient for our pre-dinner cocktail.

Doug

On 7/26/2022 at 1:19 PM, NutsAboutGolf said:

A true "extension cord" will make it through, I got mine on our sailing and all my previous sailings without any issues.  It's the surge protectors that they don't allow; visual aides for everyone

As a part of rules All extension cords are prohibited.    I was able to bring my own and not caught for many years but did get busted once and stopped bringing along.   Too much of a hassle to go down to the naughty room and then collect at end of cruise.

All you have to do is ask your cabin attendant and they will bring one and tape it down on the floor for your.   The ones they provide are very heavy duty and much thicker line that the one you and I both used.

• Like 1

Just now, Jim_Iain said:

As a part of rules All extension cords are prohibited.    I was able to bring my own and not caught for many years but did get busted once and stopped bringing along.   Too much of a hassle to go down to the naughty room and then collect at end of cruise.

All you have to do is ask your cabin attendant and they will bring one and tape it down on the floor for your.   The ones they provide are very heavy duty and much thicker line that the one you and I both used.

Didn’t realize it’s against the rules, I’ve brought one on every cruise including my last 7 X sailings after restart.  Always got it on.

2 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Didn’t realize it’s against the rules, I’ve brought one on every cruise including my last 7 X sailings after restart.  Always got it on.

You may have been lucky but you are also taking a chance you will get hassled when there is no need to bring your own.

18 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

We had problems with that naughty room once, and I think that was for a small AC fan we had packed on an RCI cruise. I don't recall in 40 cruises having trouble with an extension cord. However, any thing that I think might be confiscated* and have to be claimed in the naughty room I pack in my carry on that does with me when I check in. If they are going to confiscate it, do it then. I'm too lazy to go to the naughty room! 😉

I have never been refused getting an extension cord from the ship either. We often need one for a CPAP machine.

Doug

* Small martini shaker, empty Run Runner, shot glass, small Leatherman tool, extension cord, etc.

Edited by PaperSniper4

16 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

10 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

You may have been lucky but you are also taking a chance you will get hassled when there is no need to bring your own.

i have heard on here that many ask for cords and they find out there are none left.  therefore I will continue to attempt to bring it on, if they take it, not a big deal

2 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

i have heard on here that many ask for cords and they find out there are none left.  therefore I will continue to attempt to bring it on, if they take it, not a big deal

For that reason when my wife was using a CPAP machine, we always brought an extension cord with it, packed in the CPAP's carrying case. Never had an issue. We also, however, asked for a ship's extension cord when we booked the cruise (special_needs@rccl.com). That prevented their running out of extension cords upon boarding.

However, now that we don't lug that CPAP machine around, I still pack an extension cord in my carry on. We use the extension cord only to allow charging more than a couple of USB and laptop chargers at once. I used to pack a "one-to-many plug", but found that the design of the AC outlet on some ships prevented that plug from inserting fully. The narrow "plug end" of the typical extension cord always fit.

Doug

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Chemgoddess1 said:

You said the upgraded wifi was abysmal, is it enough for listening to Pandora or Amazon music in our room?

Or are there options for listening providers by the ship?

You'll probably be okay with music streaming, video streaming is another story.  Most of the time, if you pause the video for a minute to the buffer build up you'll be fine yet there are congested times where there could be some difficulty.  An hour before and after pulling into port and out of port and an hour before lunch and dinner.  Generally before 8am and after 8pm, you will experience the fastest speeds the wifi system offers.

I'm not saying you can't smuggle an extension cord or other items.   I did for many years myself until I got caught -  Many are also successful with bringing more wine or liquore aboard.

Here's the list

Prohibited Items:

• Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.
  • Sharp Objects, including all knives and scissors. (Note: Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed. Scissors with blade length less than 4 inches are allowed.)
  • Illegal Drugs & Substances
  • CBD Oil / CBD Products
  • Candles, Incense, Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, Travel Steamers & Hot Plates. (Items that generate heat or produce an open flame. This includes heating pads, clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. NOTE: The only exception to this policy are curling irons and hair straighteners. Matches and normal lighteners are allowed onboard. However ""torch lighters"" and novelty lighters that look like guns are not allowed onboard. Torch lighters emit a powerful concentrated flame, and therefore are prohibited.
  • Hoverboards
  • Martial Arts, Self Defense, and Sports Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks.
  • Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks.
  • Hookahs & Water Hookah Pipes.
  • HAM Radios
  • Baby Monitors
  • Electrical Extension Cords
  • Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint.
  • Perishable Food & Meat Products
  • Alcoholic Beverages (Note: On boarding day, each stateroom may bring up to two 750 ml bottles of wine or champagne. Guests who purchase alcohol bottles onboard, in a port-of-call, or bring more than the two permitted bottles on boarding day, will have their items safely stored by the ship. These bottles will be returned on the last day onboard for enjoyment once home. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.)

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Here's the list

Prohibited Items:

•  
  • Alcoholic Beverages (Note: On boarding day, each stateroom may bring up to two 750 ml bottles of wine or champagne. Guests who purchase alcohol bottles onboard, in a port-of-call, or bring more than the two permitted bottles on boarding day, will have their items safely stored by the ship. These bottles will be returned on the last day onboard for enjoyment once home. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.)

I haven't cruised with Celebrity in over 20 years and I am confused about their alcohol policy.  You posted the above, yet the FAQ page on the Celebrity says the following:

"Guests are not permitted to bring alcoholic beverages onboard; with the exception of embarkation day when each guests are permitted to bring onboard with them up to two (2) bottles of wine (which are subject to a corkage fee) per guests. A corkage fee does not apply to guests with the Classic Beverage Package or Premium Beverage Package."

Is it two bottles per stateroom or two bottles per guest?  Would hate to bring 4 nice bottles of wine and have two of them confiscated. 

9 minutes ago, CRLess said:

I haven't cruised with Celebrity in over 20 years and I am confused about their alcohol policy.  You posted the above, yet the FAQ page on the Celebrity says the following:

"Guests are not permitted to bring alcoholic beverages onboard; with the exception of embarkation day when each guests are permitted to bring onboard with them up to two (2) bottles of wine (which are subject to a corkage fee) per guests. A corkage fee does not apply to guests with the Classic Beverage Package or Premium Beverage Package."

Is it two bottles per stateroom or two bottles per guest?  Would hate to bring 4 nice bottles of wine and have two of them confiscated. 

They changed it from one to two…truth be told, if one carried them on it wasn’t like the X-ray person was keeping track of wine bottle per stateroom.

• Like 1

Anyone know when the Infinity has "fish n chips" on at the Ocean View cafe? We were on the Summit recently and we missed that delicacy....we only discovered it after we'd already eaten lunch, darn it.

That  has always been a favorite of ours, on Princess cruises we always look forward to their "Pub Lunches" where that dish is featured.

Doug

9 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Sorry, I don’t know when they do it. Your best bet would be to find one of the buffet managerial staff early on and ask him or her.

Thanks, yep, that's my plan for the first day on board. First get assigned a "real" table for two, then ask about the Fish n Chips. Sure hope we are successful on both counts!

Doug

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2022 at 3:02 PM, seacruise9 said:

Hi,

Thanks for your reports on the Celebrity Infinity. I am booked on the Infinity's cruise departing on September 3, 2022. It sounds like the ship has improved since its prior sailings. I have booked an AquaClass stateroom on Deck 9 and I am looking forward to dining in Blu. It would be great if you could provide updates / recommendations for Blu.

Thanks,

Chuck

We are on Deck 9  Aqua the week before you! Fingers crossed all goes well 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

Well since you asked this on a thread about Infinity it’s not likely to be seen by people who are on equinox but I’m going to give it a go and say no.  I think this is a poolside promotion and unlikely to be something you can get from room service.

also be aware that room service orders are not included in your beverage package.

12 hours ago, beerme1 said:

Does Celebrity Equinox have buckets of beer available by room service? TIA.

I attempted to get a bucket of beers from the poolside bar on Apex in March, to take back to the room.  I was basically told I am dumb to pay for the bucket of beers when I have the premium drink pkg.  I then told him it was to take back to the cabin so I could enjoy a few on my balcony... He understood my idea, but again basically told how stupid it was for me to pay, I told him I don't care, I ended up not getting the bucket after not wanting to get berated any more...  I spent the whole cruise like a little chipmunk trying to stash a beer here and a beer there to finally have a few in the mini fridge.