Live from Infinity 16-23 July 2022. Questions? Ask away

cruisestitch

We sailed on the Summit earlier this month (July 2022). Loved the class ship, the C3 cabin, and especially the staff. We are considering an Infinity cruise October 2022. Same class, but I understand there are several differences, some great, some not so great from our point of view.

My wife always wants to know if there is a "foot rest" in the shower? She uses that to shave her legs and it's a big deal for her!😁 Can anyone tell us if the showers have that feature? I saw videos showing the Infinity showers has the dreaded curtain instead of the nice door that the Summit had, but that's not a huge deal to us.

Also, on the Summit earlier this month, the staff served at the Ocean View cafe, and all the staff everywhere wore masks. Is that the same on the Infinity?  I thought I read here that the staff was no longer wearing masks? We tended to wear them if social distancing was not possible, like in elevators and the theater.

I see WiFi is slow and quirky. On the Summit it was S L O W but connections worked fine. Sounds like the Infinity's is not too good. I only need to check email once a day and check on our airline reservation for changes.

My only other question is how was your experience with "anytime dining"? We usually eat lunch and dinner, both early, in the MDRs. We prefer diner especially early as in around 1800/6PM. I suspect if we book the traditional early seating will be gone. How does anytime world with Celebrity. We have never used that on a Celeb ship, but have with NCL and found it suited our needs just fine.

If anyone has questions for me about the Summit, fire away!

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Sad that it is coming to an end.  This would be a perfect ship if it wasn’t for the wi-fi

Thanks you for taking time from your very busy cruise to share with us.   Really have enjoyed.

1 hour ago, PaperSniper4 said:

We sailed on the Summit earlier this month (July 2022). Loved the class ship, the C3 cabin, and especially the staff. We are considering an Infinity cruise October 2022. Same class, but I understand there are several differences, some great, some not so great from our point of view.

My wife always wants to know if there is a "foot rest" in the shower? She uses that to shave her legs and it's a big deal for her!😁 Can anyone tell us if the showers have that feature?

they do not have them 

I saw videos showing the Infinity showers has the dreaded curtain instead of the nice door that the Summit had, but that's not a huge deal to us.

Also, on the Summit earlier this month, the staff served at the Ocean View cafe, and all the staff everywhere wore masks. Is that the same on the Infinity? 

infinity is self serve, staff wear masks as of July but that may be changing soon and already staff do not wear masks on Summit

15 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

infinity is self serve, staff wear masks as of July but that may be changing soon and already staff do not wear masks on Summit

Actually, on the Summit sailing from Cape Liberty on 10 July 2022, all the staff wore masks. At least that I saw in the MDR, our steward, Ocean View Cafe, Purser's office, etc. 

Interesting that the buffet is self serve, and the Summit was not on our sailing. I suppose that's left up to the individual ship's Hotel Manager maybe? Seems like it would be a corporate decision, but perhaps not.

Doug

Just now, cruisestitch said:

The change to no staff masks on Summit apparently began after you left.

Wow, we just left the ship on 17 July, five days ago! Sometimes change happens very fast! Hopefully the change was due to much less COVID issues fleet wide.

Doug

• Like 1

Another couple of questions for those on the Infinity:

Can we see our shipboard account on the TV as well as on the Celebrity App? We found that very handy on our Summit cruise.

Does the Celebrity app allow us to check the MDR menu for that day. Again, we found that very handy.....my wife always used to go down to the MDR to check that night's offering. Me? Not so much, I enjoy a surprise!😎

Doug

31 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

It is reported crew masks reinstated yesterday.  Unfortunately, one of the LIVE posters' this week has COVID.  We sail on Summit tomorrow......

Reinstated on the Infinity or on the Summit? Whichever, I am sad to hear that someone has the virus.

Yesterday we booked the Infinity for October 2022.😎 That will be out third cruise this year. Hopefully our precautions (luck?) will continue to see us virus free.

Doug

Just now, PaperSniper4 said:

Reinstated on the Infinity or on the Summit? Whichever, I am sad to hear that someone has the virus.

Yesterday we booked the Infinity for October 2022.😎 That will be out third cruise this year. Hopefully our precautions (luck?) will continue to see us virus free.

Doug

I apologize for not being more clear....reinstated on the Summit.

3 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

I apologize for not being more clear....reinstated on the Summit.

Wow, the no masks for the staff was only rescinded for less than a week! Wonder what happened? Probably more than a few of the staff and passengers caught the bug. If there were cases on our 10 July sailing it didn't get publicized. Hope the masks can help your sailing. Be safe, be careful.

Doug

52 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Doug

Covid - is it the live poster on the Infinity??

So coming back to the infinity, disembarkation this morning went very smooth. We were 1900 passengers so not the full capacity. Self disembark was scheduled to start at 7:30 and started a few minutes earlier than that. Number 15 was scheduled for 8:30 and they called it by 8:15

One thing that was a little odd, we came into terminal 25. That is not the terminal we had gone out of a week ago.

• Like 1

So coming back to the infinity, disembarkation this morning went very smooth. We were 1900 passengers so not the full capacity. Self disembark was scheduled to start at 7:30 and started a few minutes earlier than that. Number 15 was scheduled for 8:30 and they called it by 8:15

One thing that was a little odd, we came into terminal 25. That is not the terminal we had gone out of a week ago.

I believe Celebrity offers something like Princess' "EZ Luggage" or something like like. I have used it before on RCI and Celebrity ships in FLL. This is the service where the cruise line picks up your non-carry on luggage outside your cabin on the last night of the cruise, and takes them to the airline and checks them in. The ship also gets your airline boarding pass. Usually you sign up for that service 3-5 days before the cruise end. You  don't see or handle your checked luggage until arriving at your final destination. I recall the charge was about $25 per suitcase. I have not used that service for 2-3 years, but I remember it was for the FLL ships and airports. Not all airlines, but the major ones. It is very handy, especially for those not wanting to lug suitcases around for whatever reason. Most other cruise ports do not have that service.

Can anyone confirm that Infinity makes that service available in Ft Lauderdale?

Doug

PS - Since there is chatter here on the Summit as well, disembarkation went fine on the Summit (Cape Liberty) on 17 July this year. There were about 1750 passengers on that ship.

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

Infinity crew have been wearing them continuously 

While true, being on this sailing I'd guess around 25% do not wear it correctly.  Many have it pulled down so it looks somewhat like it's on but there are big gaps around the nose and only when they see passengers coming their way do they fix it.  Masks will go away sooner than later but I just wanted to point that out.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

I believe Celebrity offers something like Princess' "EZ Luggage" or something like like. I have used it before on RCI and Celebrity ships in FLL. This is the service where the cruise line picks up your non-carry on luggage outside your cabin on the last night of the cruise, and takes them to the airline and checks them in. The ship also gets your airline boarding pass. Usually you sign up for that service 3-5 days before the cruise end. You  don't see or handle your checked luggage until arriving at your final destination. I recall the charge was about $25 per suitcase. I have not used that service for 2-3 years, but I remember it was for the FLL ships and airports. Not all airlines, but the major ones. It is very handy, especially for those not wanting to lug suitcases around for whatever reason. Most other cruise ports do not have that service.

Can anyone confirm that Infinity makes that service available in Ft Lauderdale?

Doug

PS - Since there is chatter here on the Summit as well, disembarkation went fine on the Summit (Cape Liberty) on 17 July this year. There were about 1750 passengers on that ship.

Luggage valet is not currently available in Fort Lauderdale or in Miami for that matter.

it is available in Seattle, a service run by the city of Seattle.

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Luggage valet is not currently available in Fort Lauderdale or in Miami for that matter.

it is available in Seattle, a service run by the city of Seattle.

Oh rats, too bad, that was such a handy thing to have there. Odd that FLL doesn't have it, as it's a much larger port than Seattle. Who knows, they have their reasons to have stopped that service in FLL I can only assume........🙄

Doug