Canceled Arctic cruise July 2023!

purpleally

37 minutes ago, cruiseej said:

@rallydave But wouldn't you concede that Seabourn was not very transparent with its customers, especially those who had eagerly booked the first season one cruises on its newest ship? Sure, I think everyone understands that the situation with Russia meant that the planned Venture northeast passage cruise wasn't going to happen. But no one expected that to disrupt other Venture cruises in Norway/Svarlbad. The real issue here is that the Pursuit is (apparently) delayed — and Seabourn still hasn't even said so publicly. So they tried to couch it in language about Russia and "redeployment", rather than being honest and straightforward about them replacing Pursuit with Venture, and being empathetic about disrupting some customers' plans while providing a smooth transition for others. And if Pursuit is delayed until September 2023, why have they also been switching customers on Antarctica trips in  December-January from Pursuit to Venture? I don't know why they can't just be upfront and honest with their customers about the issue at play and how they have adjusted itineraries as a result. Instead, they unnecessarily piss off a lot of loyal customers.

Well put

I think this all goes back to the total lack of honesty / transparency that the corporate heads have adopted.  Clearly when we were on the Ovation from MIA -> LIS there were at least 50+ C19 cases between crew and guests yet they denied any issue existed.  Cruises we were interested in next July that I could not believe would go to Russia now disappeared with no replacement.  Something smells rotten IMO.  I looked today and, given some of the exorbitant prices for nothing special cruises next July means I'll look elsewhere, same price with included biz airfare on other lines. So sorry to see Seabourn management taking down a great product.  We had booked what looked like an appealing and reasonably priced itinerary to try out the Venture but they changed all the of interest ports.  Sad...

Edited by 2SailingNomads
grammar
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Hope you find happiness with a different line.   All appear to be scrambling, changing itinerary and redeploying ships.   Maybe you can find one without COVID and other problems, good luck!

We are forced to find another line since this was taken from us.  To Seabourns credit they gave us our money back in three days.  However, I was not pleased two days later when they returned my $1000 future booking; guess they don’t want us back

• Like 1

2 hours ago, purpleally said:

We are forced to find another line since this was taken from us.  To Seabourns credit they gave us our money back in three days.  However, I was not pleased two days later when they returned my $1000 future booking; guess they don’t want us back

Did you castigate them and say that you would never cruise with them again?  How great that you were refunded so quickly. Something to be glad about!  There are so many cruise options out there--and I know you will have fun finding the right one.  

9 hours ago, purpleally said:

purplealley, it may be that your cruise credit expired.  Our cruise credit also expires next month.

• 11 months later...
On 7/24/2022 at 10:03 AM, 2SailingNomads said:

We recently returned from the Scenic Eclipse - not an expedition cruise, rather Lisbon to Bergen - but it was very good.  Ship is beautiful, and the crew, at least restaurant / bars crew are all some of the best ex-Seabourn and we knew most of them and to say they were glad to see us was an understatement.  Not to mention the head chef and corporate hotel manager.  Service reminded us of from our first cruise on the Legend 400+ sailed days ago - albeit without David E.  Will say the butler was close to retiring and not of much use.  Food was excellent and ALWAYS HOT which has been an issue for years on Seabourn. On Seabourn food is delivered to a station and can sit there for more time than needed depending on where the in-charge people are and by the time it gets there, especially given the kitchen often messes up the order - why is beyond me - warm at best.  

I remain a loyal Seabourn cruiser but will return to Scenic in a heartbeat for the right itinerary, especially so long as so many of the ex-SB crew remain with the company.  (I heard more than a few stories as to why they moved over - time will tell if that remains the same)

IMG_3378.JPG

I have to say we have ended up VERY HAPPY to have been "bumped" by Seabourn.  I agree with all you have to say about Scenic Eclipse 11, it feels like we are back on one of the "Little Sisters" and we have got to sail in Svalbard.  Our next cruise is on the Encore in December, it will be interesting to compare the two.

We were recently on a very enjoyable 30 n Seabourn cruise around the med. We had already booked a 14n Greece cruise for June 2024. It has been cancelled. However, the 7 day version from 5 june is still active. They didn’t use their email which my email recognises so it went to junk mail - result is I didn’t see it until our 2023 cruise was over. They gave the same non - transparent reason of deployment changes. As Russia isn’t involved, I’ve concluded some rich company has chartered it and this trumps what they can get out of us.

We’re fortunate that we hadn’t yet booked flights and duly got our refund back but now we have to question whether we can trust Seabourn in the future.

The SB cruise fitted in perfectly with our other plans. We have now booked an alternative cruise in Norway with Silversea. I’m sure we’ll thoroughly enjoy this and who knows, maybe we’ll look to do more SS in the future and not return to SB. Apparently SB won’t care.

@AJCM I'm not sure why you wouldn't trust Seabourn in the future. All cruise lines make schedule changes, whether for dry-docks or for charters. It sounds like Seabourn notified you before you could have booked air travel (11 months prior to travel). And your email's junk filter isn't Seabourn's fault. I understand being disappointed that the itinerary you planned was canceled, but this also doesn't seem too unreasonable because they did it so far in advance.

• Like 3

If you had booked with a private travel agent, you would have been notified in a timely manner by them and would not have had to worry about your junk mail harboring an important message from Seabourn.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AJCM said:

The SB cruise fitted in perfectly with our other plans. We have now booked an alternative cruise in Norway with Silversea. I’m sure we’ll thoroughly enjoy this and who knows, maybe we’ll look to do more SS in the future and not return to SB. Apparently SB won’t care.

If you do a search in Silversea board and also on the Regent board there are some discussions of people who had cruises cancelled due to charters. I will agree I would be as annoyed as you are if it happened to me but you aren't immune on other lines. It's another reason I am actively trying to avoid 7 day cruises or combinations of them.

• Like 2