how good is the surf and strean on Allure?

We are booked in a Central Park balcony for our upcoming trip. Is the surf and stream internet and good on the Allure, especially in the cabin?

Was thinking of getting the surf and stream voom package but if it's going to be real slow or keep buffering, I'm not so sure.

TIA

Just now, Illbcruzn4life said:

Is the surf and stream internet and good on the Allure, especially in the cabin?

"Good" for ship based internet is about as subjective as the food. If you describe your usage, some could provide a better answer.

32 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

"Good" for ship based internet is about as subjective as the food. If you describe your usage, some could provide a better answer.

my wife like to play her online games before she nods off for the night. Probably wouldn't be streaming any tv or movies. Also be checking emails.

14 minutes ago, cruisetorelax44 said:

I was on Allure in May. It was sloooooowwwww. Anything we tried to watch and stream was buffering constantly. We eventually just gave up trying to watch anything.

i wonder how slow it would be playing an online game?

5 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

my wife like to play her online games before she nods off for the night. Probably wouldn't be streaming any tv or movies. Also be checking emails.

Surf should work and be good enough for that.

It’s fine as long there aren’t a ton of kids onboard. In the evening when parents are letting iPads babysit their little ones and the teens are burning up Insta, it slows down a good bit. After about 11pm it’s back up to speed. 

I was on the Allure in May and had an ocean view balcony on deck 6.  I had no issues with streaming whatsoever as I streamed my pre-recorded workouts every day.  I also had no issues streaming in the gym either.  I wouldn't worry about it and I'm sorry the other posters had some problems.  It worked great for me!

• Thanks 1

Just off Allure last Sunday and it was decent. Weirdly sometimes it was better in our cabin than in public areas. 

WAY faster than the internet on Enchantment. Either because it’s a newer ship or because the amount of ships in the Caribbean means there’s way better satellite connections than out to Bermuda. 

49 minutes ago, Steppy08 said:

WAY faster than the internet on Enchantment.

She is the odd ball older ship which has O3B internet, same as Allure - the performance you saw was likely a temporary issue or localized Wi-Fi issue. 

On the Allure in May and the Internet was pretty slow. It would drop frequently.  Went to the Internet Desk and the guy checked one of my settings.  Definitely better after he did that.  I was ok since I was only using our Diamond Loyalty perk for the Internet. 

I was mainly using it for texting, looking for info on the web, and emailing.

• Thanks 1

Got off the Allure last Sunday.... Surf & Stream worked perfectly fine, for ship internet.  It wasn't blazing fast but I could see videos on Facebook.  Kids streamed Youtube and my daughter was Facetiming with her friends at home.