RC deck plans: cabin misinformation

I'm noticing that the deck plans for Vision Class ships state that Inside cabins are 140 square feet, and OV are 126.  Not true!  My TA's website says 140 and 156, which I'm sure is closer to the truth.   Will RC ever correct it?

My biggest bug is information on room configuration ,ie beds. The little stars or squares donating a pullman or sofabed is often wrong. It should be easy for poeple to see the configuration of each room. So easy to make a quick video and put it on their website deck planner. Information is key.

Edited by FamilyCruiserUK
Spelling

28 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

I'm noticing that the deck plans for Vision Class ships state that Inside cabins are 140 square feet, and OV are 126.  Not true!  My TA's website says 140 and 156, which I'm sure is closer to the truth.   Will RC ever correct it?

Since Vision class has been around for 25 years or so, my guess would be "no".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

Sure, but none are as tiny as 126.

Probably not on Vision.

But, does anyone recall the room size of the Sovereign class OV/interior cabins. 120 ft.² pops into my mind. Tiny does not describe it.

The room is so small you can’t even change your mind let alone your clothes. There’s not enough room in between the bed and the wall to even climb into bed. You either have to climb in from the foot of the bed or separate the beds.

m

6 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Probably not on Vision.

But, does anyone recall the room size of the Sovereign class OV/interior cabins. 120 ft.² pops into my mind. Tiny does not describe it.

The room is so small you can’t even change your mind let alone your clothes. There’s not enough room in between the bed and the wall to even climb into bed. You either have to climb in from the foot of the bed or separate the beds.

m

As Built OV on Sovereign Had 2 Couches for Day and made into Bed at nite. 126sq. My 7n Caribbean Cruise on her in 1988, Worlds first "Mega-Cruise Ship," was also the most expensive Cruise I ever had... Interior Rooms were even smaller... 

1 hour ago, shipgeeks said:

Royal Brochures and Web Site has had mistakes for Decades, Sq Ft, even Cabin Numbers/locations, and talked about on Cruise Critic for as long...

Edited by ONECRUISER

1 hour ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

My biggest bug is information on room configuration ,ie beds. The little stars or squares donating a pullman or sofabed is often wrong

Those stars and squares no longer tell you if it is a sofa bed or a pull[man.  They changed about 3 years ago and now the Triangles identify a cabin for triple occupancy and the Star is quad occupancy while a square with 5+ inside is used for those that hold 5.  Royal no longer identifies the difference between pull-mans and sofa beds.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/symphony-of-the-seas/deck-plans/2149/03

Edited by Ourusualbeach

34 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Probably not on Vision.

m

Insides I believe were right around 120 and OV were about the 126.  They were tiny.  Still can't believe that we sailed with 4 of us in an inside once.

DH just had cabin 1878 on Adventure - one of the newer spacious panoramic ocean views over the solarium. To our surprise it was a connecting cabin and the deck plan shows it isn't. Thankfully it was quiet, unlike past experiences.

1878.jpg

• Like 1