Hotel near Ft Lauderdale cruise port hotel

NJ Gal

In the past -before covid--we have stayed many times at the Spring Garden Suites in Dania Beach. The location was perfect. The last time there is 2019, the rooms were tired with not everything even working properly.   Now, looking for something in that area with walking distance to restaurants or shopping. Any suggestions?

• Like 1

Although I've not yet had the pleasure of staying there, I understand the Riverside Hotel is a terrific place to stay with restaurants and shopping all around it.

Prior to hotel prices skyrocketing this year, we always stayed at the Sonesta on FLL Beach!  Wonderful 4* property across the street from the beach.  I just can't bring myself to pay what they are asking for a night lately though.  We have stayed there many times, even for our land trips to FLL.

Where is the Riverside Hotel?   Where is the Sonesta?  We are looking to stay two nights after a cruise so we can see some Florida family and friends.

Prices are up for everything now.

4 hours ago, NJ Gal said:

In the past -before covid--we have stayed many times at the Spring Garden Suites in Dania Beach. The location was perfect. The last time there is 2019, the rooms were tired with not everything even working properly.   Now, looking for something in that area with walking distance to restaurants or shopping. Any suggestions?

Have you checked this thread?

• Thanks 1

Does anyone have any experience with staying at The Snooze Hotel, located on FLL Beach?  We typically stay at The Hyatt Place in Dania Beach, but we will have three nights pre cruise at the end of January and I thought a beach front hotel would be nice.

Edited by biggerbearmom
  • Like 1

Riverside Hotel is a very nice hotel located on Las Olas Blvd in downtown Fort Lauderdale. It’s literally ten minutes away from Port Everglades and surrounded by great restaurants including Louie Bossi’s Italian Restaurant, Big City Grill, Luigi’s Italian Restaurant,  Rocco’s Tacos and American Social. There’s also a Publix Supermarket a few blocks away if you need anything and a Water Taxi stop very close to the hotel.: 

Op my recent thread was linked to this post because I was also looking for a Fort Lauderdale hotel. As was suggested by many I looked at booking Riverside Hotel on Las Olas. When I tried to book, my date was unavailable. I found an alternative choice but I kept checking back and Riverside became available. I cancelled the other property and booked Riverside.

In my research I learned that Riverside Hotel has an older and newer section. Based on reviews I booked an Executive Tower King Bed with Corner Balcony. Because of the nice room we booked and the abundance of dinning and shopping in the area we are heading down a little earlier to make the most of it.

My go to hotel when sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale is the Hyatt Place 17th Street Convention.  They have an airport shuttle for $5/room and a port shuttle for $7 per person.  There are lots of restaurants and stores within walking distance of the hotel.  Great spot..............

• Like 2

We are at Hyatt Place. Cruise ship shuttle now $9 each. Last shuttle 1pm so if you have a late embarkation time (as we do) then taxi or Uber. Hotel very busy over the weekend and breakfast a little manic as seating area for breakfast is not huge. 
Few minutes to Harbour shops where there is a Total Wine, Publix, TK Maxx. 
Staff at the hotel are very helpful and polite. We are very satisfied with our stay. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Try Hyatt House Fort Lauderdale Airport - South & Cruise Port in Dania Beach. Walking distance to Dania Pointe, shopping complex with many good restaurants. Free airport pick up. Fee for shuttle to port. Free Breakfast. 

• Like 1