VeriFLY, ArriveCAN...

A couple questions about using VeriFLY and ArriveCAN....

1) I did VeriFLY on my phone for both my husband and myself.  From what I understand there is no way he can add that to his phone without deleting him from having him on my phone. Does anyone know if this is correct? 

2) Who is looking at VeriFLY.  Is this looked at by Viking when we are boarding?  Checked by Canada at all or just Viking?

3) VeriFLY is basically just for our immunization cards correct?

4) ArriveCAN....we will do this next week at 72 hours prior...is it basically just health questions. Do we also add our immunization cards on there?  Anything else required by them?

THANKS....just want to make sure we have all our ducks in a row! 

Isn’t it ridiculous?  We had to do the Air Can at the Atlanta Airport…then, we got to the port in Vancouver and our “tests” were 4 hours late!  We had to pay $75 each for new tests…negative…and then we got on the ship…(of course, we are totally vaccinated and boosted…we glow in the dark!) Canada just does not want the business…it is the MOST restrictive country in the world!  Won’t be going to Canada again until they get sane!

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Let Me Travel! said:

Isn’t it ridiculous?… it is the MOST restrictive country in the world!  

What's ridiculous is your statement. A few examples:

Japan - highly limited visas for foreign travel entry.

Hong Kong - mandatory 14 day quarantine.

Bermuda / Greece - pre-testing required.

Selected 2022 Asia cancellations by NCL and Celebrity.

And as recently as June 11, every American needed to test negative in order to fly back to their own country. Short memory. 🍺🥌 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Let Me Travel! said:

Isn’t it ridiculous?  We had to do the Air Can at the Atlanta Airport…then, we got to the port in Vancouver and our “tests” were 4 hours late!  We had to pay $75 each for new tests…negative…and then we got on the ship…(of course, we are totally vaccinated and boosted…we glow in the dark!) Canada just does not want the business…it is the MOST restrictive country in the world!  Won’t be going to Canada again until they get sane!

Was your test result being 4 hours late due to your flight being significantly delayed, or did you fail to adequately research and plan. Surely, when scheduling your tests, you accounted for the time difference and potential airline delays, which these days are certainly prevalent. Since you didn't mention the flight was late, why were your tests 4 hrs late?

Your experience is no different than many nationalities entering the US, even before COVID. If I enter the US on my UK passport, I am treated like a criminal, with mandatory fingerprints and photograph. BTW - this is consistent for all nationalities, except US & Canadian citizens. Do I complain - No, that is the prerogative of the country I wish to visit.

Those of us that travel the World extensively are used to the various entry requirements, even before COVID. Personally, researching the requirements and getting it done is part of the travel experience.

You stated, "Canada is the most restrictive country in the World" Wow, you clearly haven't travelled to many countries, or have a very short memory. I could tell you some stories about the entry requirements for many of the countries I have visited in the past 50 years.

To put it in perspective, in 1 country, which no longer exists, upon arrival, they required us to provide a blood sample, before they would even consider clearing the ship. This was a country behind the iron curtain, which had significantly lower standards than us. 

Sorry, having to redo tests because you were late, is a minor imposition, in comparison to some of my experiences.

• Like 6

Yep….ya’ll are right…most other countries are lifting restrictions…Canada isn’t…I just don’t want to support the excessive rules…I just won’t go there until they loosen up…that’s just me…anyone can go anywhere they want to and anyCountry can impose any rule they want to…I just won’t go to that Country until I think the rules are reasonable or worth it.

My delayed test was a combination of late flight and my understanding…I tested in greater than 24 hours prior to entering the Country…my time change was off and the plane was late.

• Like 2

I can understand issues with timing being off on test results.  It has been an absolute nightmare scheduling our test for next week.  The two main testing sites are a crazy mess. There are not any antigen test within 100 miles, and we live in a major city.  The first one openly says they are delayed in getting test results.  Obviously that won't work for us.  The other testing site is awful and way to complicated, but we have appointments there.  It makes me nervous hoping this testing site does not have delays in results.  

Let Me Travel, you've put my mind at ease knowing we can just pay and have another one done, even though that would make us highly irritated.

21 hours ago, Sunflower & The Scientist said:

4) ArriveCAN....we will do this next week at 72 hours prior...is it basically just health questions. Do we also add our immunization cards on there?  Anything else required by them?

You can download the ArriveCAN app now, and add your passport and vaccination information in advance.  The 72-hour window is mainly for your arrival and port information, and the health questions. They ask for a quarantine plan as well, in case, but it can be something generic like, "stay in a hotel in Vancouver", I believe.  

All the details required should be here: https://www.canada.ca/en/border-services-agency/services/arrivecan.html

13 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

I beg to differ.  It worked very smoothly for us, although if you cross the border frequently then I can imagine it must be frustrating.

We cross the border several times each month and at this point dealing with ArriveCAN isn’t an issue.  We will be crossing again on Sunday.   Once everything is uploaded, it stays in the system and merely becomes a chore of going into the record of telling them when and where we are crossing the border. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

You can download the ArriveCAN app now, and add your passport and vaccination information in advance.  The 72-hour window is mainly for your arrival and port information, and the health questions. They ask for a quarantine plan as well, in case, but it can be something generic like, "stay in a hotel in Vancouver", I believe.  

All the details required should be here: https://www.canada.ca/en/border-services-agency/services/arrivecan.html

We downloaded the app a bit ago, but it still does not allow us to add passport or vaccination information.  It says we have to come back 72 hours prior.  So we'll have to wait on getting passport and vaccination information in there.  

9 minutes ago, Sunflower & The Scientist said:

We downloaded the app a bit ago, but it still does not allow us to add passport or vaccination information.  It says we have to come back 72 hours prior.  So we'll have to wait on getting passport and vaccination information in there.  

Wow, I'm surprised.  I did this back in April with no problem.  But anyways, it's fairly easy to do at the time I guess.

53 minutes ago, Sunflower & The Scientist said:

It allowed me to add this info. It took several tries from scratch to get to the screens for this. App is not easy to use.

Well, y'all...go figure, this afternoon our passport and vaccine info is in there and it's no longer saying we can't enter it yet.  Now the weird thing is my husband also has mine, and I have his as well as mine.  Is it possible that they could have gotten our information off of Verifly because we have that done.  

2 hours ago, Sunflower & The Scientist said:

Well, y'all...go figure, this afternoon our passport and vaccine info is in there and it's no longer saying we can't enter it yet.  Now the weird thing is my husband also has mine, and I have his as well as mine.  Is it possible that they could have gotten our information off of Verifly because we have that done.  

Should not be any possible connection to Verifly - that's a whole different app and is not linked to my knowledge.

Unsure what happened to you, but it may be that you had an old copy of the app which since updated and now shows the input, or there may have been a delay in replicating the information to/from the servers.

For anyone else struggling with it - you input your passport/vax information via the "travellers" screen. That's a one-time exercise, as it can be saved. You can add multiple travellers if you like. The "home" screen is where you start the "72-hour" process of identifying a specific entry.

You can also sign on via the web with your laptop or desktop and do all the same things if that's easier: ArriveCAN Privacy Statement - ArriveCAN - ArriveCAN (canada.ca)

Glad you got it sorted out ... I do agree that the app is far from being user-friendly. 🍺🥌

21 hours ago, Sunflower & The Scientist said:

No on the Verifly.  And I don't know what to say about your husband and you--I believe we two did our own, although we could have done it together in one.

2 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

No on the Verifly.  And I don't know what to say about your husband and you--I believe we two did our own, although we could have done it together in one.

We did it together for our cruise in May and we each had our own information and each other's info on our phones.  The hard part was deleting it all after we got back from the cruise -- that took much, much longer.🙄

On 7/27/2022 at 5:50 PM, Let Me Travel! said:

What do you mean your test was 4 hours late? What kind did you take and when did you take it and when did you board? We are going next week and are very stressed by trying to figure out every thing we need to do correctly. It is taking the excitement we should be feeling for their trip away completely! 

• Like 1

I think you can relax...I THINK Canada just dropped their testing requirement!  You need to verify what I'm saying, but I had read a newsfeed that Canada just relaxed...you may be able to take a deep breath and enjoy!  

We tested too early in Atlanta...we should have waited until we were with 24 hours of entering Canada.

3 hours ago, villager13 said:

What do you mean your test was 4 hours late? What kind did you take and when did you take it and when did you board? We are going next week and are very stressed by trying to figure out every thing we need to do correctly. It is taking the excitement we should be feeling for their trip away completely! 

Nothing to be stressed about. In determining the requirement for any country, Google is your best friend. It took me a few seconds to find the current Canadian requirements.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise

2 hours ago, Let Me Travel! said:

I think you can relax...I THINK Canada just dropped their testing requirement!  You need to verify what I'm saying, but I had read a newsfeed that Canada just relaxed...you may be able to take a deep breath and enjoy!  

We tested too early in Atlanta...we should have waited until we were with 24 hours of entering Canada.

This information is NOT correct.

As per the Government of Canada website, pre-testing requirements are still in place for pax boarding a cruise ship in Canada, or pax already onboard a cruise ship calling at a Canadian port.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heidi13 said:

This information is NOT correct.

As per the Government of Canada website, pre-testing requirements are still in place for pax boarding a cruise ship in Canada, or pax already onboard a cruise ship calling at a Canadian port.

The difference is that we do not have to test prior to entering Canada.  Viking will test us when we are embarking.  This information is from Viking, they said no worries, testing is done by them.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunflower & The Scientist said:

The difference is that we do not have to test prior to entering Canada.  Viking will test us when we are embarking.  This information is from Viking, they said no worries, testing is done by them.  

Agreed that you do not have to test simply in order to enter Canada.

I presume that you are on a pre-cruise extension through Viking? If that's the case, then others have indeed reported that Viking provided pre-embarkation testing as part of the extension.

If you are on your own, I'm not aware that Viking is generally offering embarkation testing at the ship. That stopped when Viking ceased the daily required testing process. Curious if I'm misinformed? 🍺🥌

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1