Mardi Gras' Fortune Teller Bar -- Drinks not amazing, but ok, it's still really cool. Menu and review (and prices)

DeenOnDeck

Do the drinks taste great? Uhhhh... But would I go back to Fortune Teller Bar on Mardi Gras? Well, yeah...

renderTimingPixel.png

Are you like me and value aesthetics above taste and any type of function? I predict you'll love this bar... The drinks weren't what I'd call amazing, but, it's still a great time.

https://deenondeck.com/i-predict-youre-gonna-love-the-fortune-teller-bar-on-carnival-mardi-gras-review-with-full-menu-and-prices/

• Like 1

We enjoyed the drinks at Fortune Teller.  But I will also admit we ended up at the Brass Magnolia more often - partly because the drinks there are more down our alley (we love bourbons, etc), and because there was usually a good band playing right there.  Another factor was probably that the Fortune Teller Bar was often crowded with people trying out all the unique drinks, whereas the Brass Magnolia was often less crowded.  🤷‍♂️

• Like 6

2 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

We enjoyed the drinks at Fortune Teller.  But I will also admit we ended up at the Brass Magnolia more often - partly because the drinks there are more down our alley (we love bourbons, etc), and because there was usually a good band playing right there.  Another factor was probably that the Fortune Teller Bar was often crowded with people trying out all the unique drinks, whereas the Brass Magnolia was often less crowded.  🤷‍♂️

Our favorite bar on the MG is the Brass Magnolia.  We enjoy live music and the vibe of the bar.  

• Like 2

Have been on MG three times.  1st and 2nd was a back to back last August.  1st spent almost all of our time the Alchemy.  Had 2s Nicola's and they were amazing and people at bar were good.  2nd week, Alchemy was extremely loud and crowded and the people at the bar did not build up the comradire.  Due to that, sort of split time with Alchemy and BM.  Atilla at BM was just a great bartender.  3rd trip, spent almost all of our time in BM.  One of the Nicola's had move there and with him, Atila and Victoria, it was one of the best teams we have ever seen.  Much calmer than Alchemy as well.  Live music also a plus.  Visited the FT as well on all three cruises, crowed but just not my vibe.  I do urge you to check out the outside bar up at Guy's smokehouse.  It is not nearly as busy as some of the Lido deck bars.  It is to the left (facing toward the aft) and through the Veterans Area.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, ddavis5us said:

Have been on MG three times.  1st and 2nd was a back to back last August.  1st spent almost all of our time the Alchemy.  Had 2s Nicola's and they were amazing and people at bar were good.  2nd week, Alchemy was extremely loud and crowded and the people at the bar did not build up the comradire.  Due to that, sort of split time with Alchemy and BM.  Atilla at BM was just a great bartender.  3rd trip, spent almost all of our time in BM.  One of the Nicola's had move there and with him, Atila and Victoria, it was one of the best teams we have ever seen.  Much calmer than Alchemy as well.  Live music also a plus.  Visited the FT as well on all three cruises, crowed but just not my vibe.  I do urge you to check out the outside bar up at Guy's smokehouse.  It is not nearly as busy as some of the Lido deck bars.  It is to the left (facing toward the aft) and through the Veterans Area.

We really liked Atilla as well. 

On 7/30/2022 at 6:35 PM, ddavis5us said:

Atilla and Victoria are my fav barkeeps at BM!!! Great Team!  Hoping 1 or both are on board in January.  While the Alchemy is a fantastic place on other Carnival ships, it's location on MG seems to be a bit more like just a bar along a walkway vs a place to go to.  Once bar seating is full few places to sit down.  FT gets a bit better location but then all it's fancy drinks take for ever to make and thus service is slow.  Sit at the BM bar more than once and you'll have your drink in hand inside a minute.

• Haha 1

On 7/30/2022 at 5:35 PM, ddavis5us said:

Atilla at BM was just a great bartender. 

Not impressed with Atilla, since I had heard great things.  Went to Brass Magnolia; he seemed really cranky; I was going to ask him what he recommended but decided to skip that and so just asked for a simple cosmo.  Had to ask for a redo - which went over really well.  That second one wasn't much better.  Honestly I was just so surprised by his attitude and the bad drink, I left it there and went elsewhere.

I've been on MG 4 times now and have to say I love Ana and the girls at FT.  She always had my New Moon ready and waiting.  

In our 3 cruises on MG, Angela has been our favorite at Fortune Teller. She also works at Bar Della Rosa and Red Frog Tiki. There are a couple drinks we really like there and we like the live music just across from it. Milovan is our favorite at Brass Magnolia. We enjoy those two bars at night more than Alchemy but never really had much trouble getting a seat at the bar most of the time.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2022 at 6:35 PM, ddavis5us said:

I do urge you to check out the outside bar up at Guy's smokehouse.  It is not nearly as busy as some of the Lido deck bars.  It is to the left (facing toward the aft) and through the Veterans Area.

Shhhhhh......it's the best place for daytime drinking and never crowded at The Watering Hole.

• Like 2