Move up bid & perks

riviera

First time on celebrity. Leaving in 2 weeks. Currently we are in an OV balcony with all perks included. We have bids in on 2 different categories. If we are successful, do our perks go with us or will we be required to pay for gratuities, drink package and wi-fi?

We bid on Aqua class and our bid was accepted.  We loved Aqua so now we are hooked and will have to pay full price for the next one.  I hope you get your bid accepted for the cabin you want.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Vanna Ocean said:

How and when do you hear about the opportunity to put in a bid?   (My cruise is in 6 weeks.)

You can either check your Manage Reservation and it will appear there or usually at 30 days but sometimes as far out as 45-50 days you will get an email (maybe).   On my B3B I only received 1 out of the 3 cruises.   Last cruise I bid on others were able to bid but I was not able to until 21 days prior to cruise.

Usually if you sign up for your Roll Call someone will post they received an invite then you can manually bid if you didn't get advised.   Some Travel Agents like Costco do not participate. 

If you don't get an invite just go to the Upgrade Bid form and bid -  all you need is Reservation Number and Last Name.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade

• Like 1

I love how consistent Celebrity is.    I once was about to bid at 60 days but you have the earliest I've heard.   Good luck.  

My experience is that unless the ship was below 60% upgrades don't get awarded until 6-15 days prior to the cruise.    On one of our first cruises after resumption of sailing they started doing free upgrades from virtually everyone in a inside and ocean view to Veranda.   They later started some of the paid upgrades.

Emails can go out as early as 75 days from the sail date, depending on bookings and capacity. Our next cruise on Reflection from Rome has quite a bit of available capacity in CC and higher rooms. I received the email at 75 days. Prices are high. I would expect upgrades to start being awarded soon. 

Hello,

Can I drag this exchange back to the topic of 'Perks'?

This is academic to me at the moment as I have nothing booked pending the (very late) arrival of an FCC.

I would expect any 'perk' I had paid for in my first cabin to be carried forward to my new cabin but what about any 'special offer' perks that I had received for free - possibly as an attempt to get additional bookings?

Similarly, if the 'bid for cabin' ordinarily came with nothing apart from bread and water but was currently in a sale with additional perks, would those perks be given to the successful bidder?

As perks are a moving target and time sensitive, what about the possibility that the two different cabins' perks overlapped? If that was the case then, speaking as a very retired bean counter, I would expect that to be reflected in the up-bid prices. But speaking as a very current cynic, I think that's too complicated for the computer software that requires a hamster in a wheel to crank the system over.

As I said above, I've nothing booked so I am only taking a superficial interest in X's pricing/offers but with Cruise Only, AI (x 2), Elevate and Indulge packages all competing for custom, I'm confident this has not been thought through properly - and neither has the X website apparently using the two forms of AI interchangeably.

Regards,

Cublet

4 hours ago, cublet said:

I would expect any 'perk' I had paid for in my first cabin to be carried forward to my new cabin but what about any 'special offer' perks that I had received for free - possibly as an attempt to get additional bookings?

Similarly, if the 'bid for cabin' ordinarily came with nothing apart from bread and water but was currently in a sale with additional perks, would those perks be given to the successful bidder?

As I understand it, if you "MoveUp," then the only thing that changes for you is the room (and the total amount you've paid, of course).  So, if you booked under a certain promotion, that promotion will follow you.  You don't lose anything, and you don't gain anything (unless you are moving to a room with attached amenities).  So, the successful bidder in your example would not get any new or additional promotional perks.  

In contrast. if you do a "direct" upgrade (i.e., call up Celebrity and upgrade without going through the MoveUp process), then any promotional OBC or other such goodies will go away and be substituted with whatever comes with the promotion in effect at that time (if any).  

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

<SNIP>  You don't lose anything, and you don't gain anything (unless you are moving to a room with attached amenities).  So, the successful bidder in your example would not get any new or additional promotional perks.  

<SNIP>

Hello,

By 'amenity', do you mean something that comes 'of right' attached to a cabin? For example entrance to Blu for an Aqua class cabin?

The once common 'perk' in the UK was free port parking when bookings were slow. If, in this order, X introduced free port parking for Concierge cabins and above, and I bid and won an upgrade from peasant class to Concierge, would I get the free parking? Alternatively, I bid and win an upgrade to Concierge and later X introduces free port parking for Concierge and above, would I not get the free parking?

Regards,

Cublet

For clarity - 

Perk -  Is something that comes with your original booking.  e.g. All Included Classic Drink package, Basic Internet, Tips and $200 OBC

Amenity -   This wold be the things that come with the room like  Blu, Luminae and Retreat with Upper Suites - 2 bottles of Premium Spirits, Free Laundry and Unlimited Free Specialty Dining.

Amenities that DO NOT come with upgrade to a Suite -  upgrade to Premium Liquor Package, Upgrade to Premium Wifi or Tips if not already included.

If free parking is an amenity of Concierge or above you would not get this with an upgrade.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Can I drag this exchange back to the topic of 'Perks'?

This is academic to me at the moment as I have nothing booked pending the (very late) arrival of an FCC.

As perks are a moving target and time sensitive, what about the possibility that the two different cabins' perks overlapped? If that was the case then, speaking as a very retired bean counter, I would expect that to be reflected in the up-bid prices. But speaking as a very current cynic, I think that's too complicated for the computer software that requires a hamster in a wheel to crank the system over.

As I said above, I've nothing booked so I am only taking a superficial interest in X's pricing/offers but with Cruise Only, AI (x 2), Elevate and Indulge packages all competing for custom, I'm confident this has not been thought through properly - and neither has the X website apparently using the two forms of AI interchangeably.

Regards,

Cublet

I believe your questions have been answered.  
i would recommend that you do not use the probability of winning a Move up bid in your cruise decision. (Although I am sure Celebrity would prefer that you do).  If you would not not be perfectly happy with the cruise, cabin, perks, and amenities included with your purchased cruise, I would recommend that  you do not book.  I am fairly confident that most people do not win bids and as the cruise business increases, I would expect the probability of winning a bid to drop dramatically.   
Book what level you really want and then submit a bid for a dream upgrade, expecting not to win.   

4 hours ago, cublet said:

By 'amenity', do you mean something that comes 'of right' attached to a cabin? For example entrance to Blu for an Aqua class cabin?

That is precisely what I meant. 

On 7/29/2022 at 5:17 PM, riviera said:

First time on celebrity. Leaving in 2 weeks. Currently we are in an OV balcony with all perks included. We have bids in on 2 different categories. If we are successful, do our perks go with us or will we be required to pay for gratuities, drink package and wi-fi?

Sorry by above response to cublet was meant for you.  My apologize to cublet.

Riviera, I hope you make a good choice for yourself and enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1