Quarantine refund update: Got it!

quicklabs

I talked to Celebrity Engagement on 12 July, two days after our return home.  Our full  refund  due  10  days of quarantine  on the 12 day cruise appeared as a single payment on our credit card today.    So that is just 23 days.  I didn't need to make any calls after the first one.  I'm pleased with that outcome.  We had 1400 of nonrefundable OBC.  We assigned $1,000 of it to our butler, who continued to care for us in quarantine. She asked special permission to do so and was tireless in her efforts to take care of us.  She cried and cried tears of joy when she thanked us.  Her contract was up and she was returning home, hoping to have a life where she could settle down.  She told us how happy she was to have met us, since she learned from us (42 years married)   that "true love still exists."  Then we all cried.  Lol.  The rest of the went to housekeeping and the Retreat Concierge and bar staff.  So, even with the refund, we were able to spend our OBC, which was refunded onboard from the excursions we cancelled when I went into quarantine.  My husband did not want to venture from the ship when I was in quarantine in case I needed him, but he could have gone if he wanted to, and we would

still have gotten the full prorated refund.  I am very thankful that Celebrity handled this part of the ordeal so well.  

Edited by quicklabs
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, quicklabs said:

I talked to Celebrity Engagement on 12 July, two days after our return home.  Our full  refund  due  10  days of quarantine  on the 12 day cruise appeared as a single payment on our credit card today.    So that is just 23 days.  I didn't need to make any calls after the first one.  I'm pleased with that outcome.  We had 1400 of nonrefundable OBC.  We assigned $1,000 of it to our butler, who continued to care for us in quarantine. She asked special permission to do so and was tireless in her efforts to take care of us.  She cried and cried tears of joy when she thanked us.  Her contract was up and she was returning home, hoping to have a life where she could settle down.  She told us how happy she was to have met us, since she learned from us (42 years married)   that "true love still exists."  Then we all cried.  Lol.  The rest of the went to housekeeping and the Retreat Concierge and bar staff.  So, even with the refund, we were able to spend our OBC, which was refunded onboard from the excursions we cancelled when I went into quarantine.  My husband did not want to venture from the ship when I was in quarantine in case I needed him, but he could have gone if he wanted to, and we would

still have gotten the full prorated refund.  I am very thankful that Celebrity handled this part of the ordeal so well.  

We were on the ship the same time as you, I’m glad that you were able to get this resolved so quickly. Did Rhona happen to be your butler? It certainly sounds like her. She was ours and she took such good care of us and our dil and grandson even though they weren’t in a suite. 

I received my refund 7/30/22 from May 7, 2022. I called the engagement center to find that yes, they got my emails but no one initiated the final step for me to be refunded. They apologized and said they would push it through. It came in 4 business days.

• Thanks 1