Bookings which include drinks package?

ClefsDor

39 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

The errors have been mentioned by many posters on this board over the years.

How true and if mistakes have been made, I would far rather nip down and sort it out at the Front Desk [ the Front Desk being as anonymous as I can get when having a bit of a moan over my account] in good time and  when it's quiet than faff around on disembarkation and  queue with all the others, or worse, try and sort it out once home.

To be honest, I'm slightly amused how the way spending a few minutes, a couple of times a week checking one's onboard account became such an interesting topic to make fun of or to appear condescending about but I suppose if it's never happened personally, and it amuses, then fine, Unnecessary  but fine.

However, if M.T and I are being monitored in the way we spend our time onboard, as demonstrated on this thread, then it begs the question should I post my view of the ship after our first cruise in three years!

It will be from a different stand point form anyone else on this Cunard board.

Will that be mocked too as it will not have followed 'the norm'?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Solent Richard said:

Exactly. We all receive, or should do, a final onboard account. A cursory glance would or should soon indicate whether any erroneous charges may have appeared.

As I have previously stated, 'each to their own'

And as a 'Grills' guest the last thing I'd want to be doing is heading down to reception and going the queue. If needs be surely that's the job of the concierge?

Still, this been a most interesting thread. It had never occurred to me previously that so many billing errors had been experienced onboard Cunard ships. 🤭

There have been many reports on this forum other cruise forums and Faceache on Cunard and P&O of people being over charged or erroneous charged on their onboard account.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, North West Newbie said:

Well, according to your posts at #37 and #40, anyone who doesn’t check their account regularly has more money than sense.

Anyone that doesn't check their onboard account every couple of days, which takes a couple of minutes at most, to check that it is correct and not have any erroneous charges. Then pays not knowing whether they have been charged for something they haven't purchased obviously has more money than sense.

59 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

To be honest, I'm slightly amused how the way spending a few minutes, a couple of times a week checking one's onboard account became such an interesting topic to make fun of or to appear condescending about but I suppose if it's never happened personally, and it amuses, then fine, Unnecessary  but fine.

However, if M.T and I are being monitored in the way we spend our time onboard, as demonstrated on this thread, then it begs the question should I post my view of the ship after our first cruise in three years!

It will be from a different stand point form anyone else on this Cunard board.

Will that be mocked too as it will not have followed 'the norm'?

Yes, I too found the tone of slight mockery and condescension somewhat surprising. However, when I think of all the things I have suffered that reaction for, including simply being female,  I think it is comparatively easy to live with, and one can draw one's own conclusions about those who do it. I look forward to your review - though somewhat less, I imagine, than you are looking forward to the trip.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Yes, I too found the tone of slight mockery and condescension somewhat surprising. However, when I think of all the things I have suffered that reaction for, including simply being female,  I think it is comparatively easy to live with, and one can draw one's own conclusions about those who do it. I look forward to your review - though somewhat less, I imagine, than you are looking forward to the trip.

Yes absolutely! 🙂

We have had so many cruises cancelled, seven or eight I think, I've lost count, I won't believe it until it happens.

Roll on September. 🙂

Just now, Victoria2 said:

Yes absolutely! 🙂

We have had so many cruises cancelled, seven or eight I think, I've lost count, I won't believe it until it happens.

Roll on September. 🙂

We had six, including two where the next one happened, as I believe you did.

7 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

We had six, including two where the next one happened, as I believe you did.

Yep.

August on QE, we were booked on the first August Seacation which was cancelled the week before she started up again and May on QV, again, the one prior to her start up.

Racked up loads of Cunard FCC though over the last few years. Better with Cunard than a savings account!

Moral

Don't book the cruises we have booked! 😀

Edited by Victoria2
  • Like 1