Delta 8

Mrsrpair

Cruise lines may have different rules about vaping. Lots have banned smoking except designated smoking areas.

Re-ask the question in the forum specific to your cruise line.

In general don't do a "Brittney Griner". 

Edited by Philob

3 hours ago, Mrsrpair said:

Has anyone taken a Delta 8 vape pen or the like on board and had any issues?

I think some lines would have restrictions -- certainly some of the ports visited have strict rules.   in any case, smoking anything on any ship now is strictly limited to small, specific areas -- forget your cabin. 

4 hours ago, Mrsrpair said:

Has anyone taken a Delta 8 vape pen or the like on board and had any issues?

Not allowed on our preferred line except in the two small dedicated smoking spots - a small open corner of the pool deck and a glass enclosure in a corner of the main bar. 
Definitely prohibited in cabins and on balconies. 

1 hour ago, Philob said:

Cruise lines may have different rules about vaping. Lots have banned smoking except designated smoking areas.

Re-ask the question in the forum specific to your cruise line.

In general don't do a "Brittney Griner". 

51 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

I think some lines would have restrictions -- certainly some of the ports visited have strict rules.   in any case, smoking anything on any ship now is strictly limited to small, specific areas -- forget your cabin. 

2 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Not allowed on our preferred line except in the two small dedicated smoking spots - a small open corner of the pool deck and a glass enclosure in a corner of the main bar. 
Definitely prohibited in cabins and on balconies. 

This isn't a nicotine vape pen. Delta 8 is psychoactive cannabinoid and is prohibited on cruise ships.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

This isn't a nicotine vape pen. Delta 8 is psychoactive cannabinoid and is prohibited on cruise ships.

I learn something new every day.

And the last thing anyone needs is having someone doing pot (in any form) on a ship. How rude.

• Like 3

Since (from your only other post) you are sailing on Celebrity, I suggest you look at the websites FAQs for their prohibited items list. Illegal drugs and CBD products are banned. And federal law still makes THC products illegal. The same applies to flying. If flying to your cruise, good luck getting that past security.

Edited by mom says

I occasionally watch this border customs show on TV.  It is about border people in Canada.  They often show people coming into Canada from the US carrying stuff like medically prescribed narcotics.  They find that medically approved in the US does not mean medically  approved in Canada.  Normally the people are given 2 choices - return to the US and they are banned from Canada for at least 1 year or else stay in Canada and be arrested.

DON

• Like 1

12 hours ago, donaldsc said:

I occasionally watch this border customs show on TV.  It is about border people in Canada.  They often show people coming into Canada from the US carrying stuff like medically prescribed narcotics.  They find that medically approved in the US does not mean medically  approved in Canada.  Normally the people are given 2 choices - return to the US and they are banned from Canada for at least 1 year or else stay in Canada and be arrested.

DON

Love that show. Note that it was filmed ten years ago; Canadian drug laws have changed. 

But, yeah, you can get in serious trouble bringing pot into foreign countries, even countries that seem to have a high tolerance for personal use. If you choose to risk bringing pot on a cruise (1) go with edibles; nothing that needs to be smoked (2) keep it on ship. 

15 minutes ago, wcook said:

Love that show. Note that it was filmed ten years ago; Canadian drug laws have changed. 

But, yeah, you can get in serious trouble bringing pot into foreign countries, even countries that seem to have a high tolerance for personal use. If you choose to risk bringing pot on a cruise (1) go with edibles; nothing that needs to be smoked (2) keep it on ship. 

Good point.  I didn't realize that it was 10 years old.  It is a fun show.  I looked up current laws and recreational is now OK but your suggestions are good ones.

DON

5 hours ago, donaldsc said:

Good point.  I didn't realize that it was 10 years old.  It is a fun show.  I looked up current laws and recreational is now OK but your suggestions are good ones.

DON

Not sure, but just because recreational marijuana is legal here, doesn't mean you can cross the border with it.   I'm sure you have to "declare" it, like alcohol.  You can't just carry it in.