LGBT or Friends of Dorothy Meet up on Solstice to Alaska

ScottC4746

• 2 weeks later...

Wanted to give an update from Summit.    I think first night they had a LGBQ Gathering at 5:30.  Maybe they listened to the uproar here and after that they are on the schedule for 7:45.

In reality there seems to be a gathering - usually at the oblong table aft of the bar starting around 6ish and continuing on until 8:30 or so.   I may just be stereotyping or just Gaydar in my observations.   We have not attended due to being on a B3B and trying to be distanced from others until our third cruise. 

• Like 1

On my recent Summit cruise it was called LGBTQ+ gathering. (I think they did away with Friends of Dorothy ages ago).   It was at 8:00 every night at the martini bar.  Nothing organized, just a show up kind of thing. Some nights were quite busy with gay men mostly, and some nights we were the only couple.  8:00 was difficult since we had 8:30 dining so we always went around 7:00.   I like the idea of different times tho.

As for the upside down pineapple.  I just heard about this last week.  Too funny.  

6 hours ago, jakebloke said:

On my recent Summit cruise it was called LGBTQ+ gathering. (I think they did away with Friends of Dorothy ages ago).   It was at 8:00 every night at the martini bar.  Nothing organized, just a show up kind of thing. Some nights were quite busy with gay men mostly, and some nights we were the only couple.  8:00 was difficult since we had 8:30 dining so we always went around 7:00.   I like the idea of different times tho.

As for the upside down pineapple.  I just heard about this last week.  Too funny.  

I thought we had friends of Dorothy last week on Solstice, but could be mistaken.

Currently on Summit and it is posted in the daily and on the App each evening of the cruise.    Looks like a pretty good turn out.   

We don't mean to avoid it but due to being on B3B we try to avoid all close contact until the last cruise.    Nice mixture of guests.  

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2022 at 12:02 PM, Dolebludger said:

So, perhaps more back to the original intent of the OP, I do feel that 6:00 PM is a rather poor time for any group event. Too close to dinner time, and 5:00 PM would be better. 

As of today the app still shows 6 PM.

• Thanks 1