Ultimate.

janecambridge

18 minutes ago, janecambridge said:

Just noticed in small lettering PH-G categories. We are OC. Bet we miss out. 
I have noticed that prices have gone down for those categories too. 

We recently had individual segments of our published/discounted multi-segment cruise added to the “Ultimate” list. Fine print basically said no “double dipping.” And, in any case, when we looked at the current prices, the “ultimate” savings would net only a few dollars here and there.
Also, in general, cabin availability is a key factor on O when it comes to price modifications.
Nonetheless, it wouldn’t hurt  hurt to have your TA inquire. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

We recently had individual segments of our published/discounted multi-segment cruise added to the “Ultimate” list. Fine print basically said no “double dipping.” And, in any case, when we looked at the current prices, the “ultimate” savings would net only a few dollars here and there.
Also, in general, cabin availability is a key factor on O when it comes to price modifications.
Nonetheless, it wouldn’t hurt  hurt to have your TA inquire. 

I suspect the segment at issue in Flatbush Flyer's example is the same one we encountered (Med cruise on Marina this coming November).  When I noted the same segment with the "ultimate" savings option I had our TA check it out and after what was reportedly a LONG conversation with Oceania we got nowhere.  The O rep our TA talked to tried to see if they could apply the sale for one segment to our existing 18 day cruise and were told "no."  Then they tried to see if they could re-book the whole cruise in segments, and were told that our PH cabin would become available to any wait-listers as soon as the cruise was cancelled even though it was going to be immediately re-booked.  And finally it became apparent that even HAD they been able to re-book the cruise to get the increased OLife advantages on the one segment the price of the basic cruise on the separate segments would increase to the level that the actual savings over our booking was almost nothing.  

15 minutes ago, daleandrews said:

I suspect the segment at issue in Flatbush Flyer's example is the same one we encountered (Med cruise on Marina this coming November).  When I noted the same segment with the "ultimate" savings option I had our TA check it out and after what was reportedly a LONG conversation with Oceania we got nowhere.  The O rep our TA talked to tried to see if they could apply the sale for one segment to our existing 18 day cruise and were told "no."  Then they tried to see if they could re-book the whole cruise in segments, and were told that our PH cabin would become available to any wait-listers as soon as the cruise was cancelled even though it was going to be immediately re-booked.  And finally it became apparent that even HAD they been able to re-book the cruise to get the increased OLife advantages on the one segment the price of the basic cruise on the separate segments would increase to the level that the actual savings over our booking was almost nothing.  

Looks like your on one or two segments of our Marina trip this autumn. We join in BCN on October 18 and finish at MIA on December 4. 
My earlier “double dip prohibition” comment about Ultimate was also true for the original booking. Actually four segments, the “best” published pricing was as two “extended journeys” (BCN-FCO and FCO-MIA). But, we couldn’t combine them as a “custom cruise” for an additional 5% off and double Platinum perks.

Oddly enough, the bottom line $ calculations on lower price vs lower O Club perks for our entire journey (in every theoretical way to book) turned out to be pretty much a wash. I do seem to remember, however, that I did come up a bit short in cruise credits. And as aforementioned, rebooking for the Ultimate would have not been worth the few $ savings once the cruise was repriced etc. 

2 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Looks like your on one or two segments of our Marina trip this autumn. We join in BCN on October 18 and finish at MIA on December 4. 

We are on the Athens to Barcelona segments, November 1 through 19.  (I exchanged messages with you some months back on one of the Roll Call threads.)

On 8/2/2022 at 4:57 PM, Flatbush Flyer said:

Please let us know the outcome.

So far nowhere. I spoke directly to Oceania and my TA did too. Basically the deal is for PH (which are waitlist as we are!) and below. We feel quite angry that the excursions we pay for will be free for most others. We did not get any obc from Oceania on booking just the O life drinks package. 
Our TA is going to speak to her rep today.  
Why would an offer of such good value not be available to everyone. Never had this with other companies. Oceania is/was our favourite cruise line . 

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Are you in the US? There’s no Ultimate Sale on right now that I can find on the US Oceania website.

I believe she's in the UK. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, janecambridge said:

Why would an offer of such good value not be available to everyone.

Usually in the details. Probably because your category is not available. Understand your frustration though. 

• Like 1

We booked a cruise when the Ultimate offer was available last May in the US and it clearly stated that it was for new bookings only.....so unless your cruise was basically unsold, most of the rest of your fellow cruisers will not have those perks....

• Like 1

Yes I’m UK. 

‘Super suites are never included in Ultimate offers. The top 3 suite categories have additional amenities provided. The OS OC VS sell themselves and do not need additional amenities or price reduction to sell ! ‘

I’m not sure there are many amenities extra on penthouse  to OC. Then those  that are extra have certainly been paid for by the passenger. Working out the offers, a penthouse for two cost virtually the same as OC for one now.