Carnival drops hairy chest game ,will others follow PLEASE. What else should go.

dolittle

15 minutes ago, mammajamma2013 said:

We don't like those games, so we don't participate and avoid being around when they are played. Other people like them and they do participate. I don't think I'm "higher class", those games just don't appeal to me.

Since there are announcements as to when the games are played, I can avoid them and let the people who enjoy them have at it.

I’ve never hung out at the pool to experience passengers who want to blow off some steam in order to relax.

Sounds to me like the Activities Directors need to come up with other games or events outdoors during daytime hours

maybe more dance parties ?

On 8/5/2022 at 4:53 PM, dolittle said:

No one is (not me anyway) jumping overboard or going into any color tizzy's. I do think the reason they stooped pool games is it leads to other boorish behavior .  B.T.W . I doubt anyone objects to a plaid sport coat I think they look pretty good.

I believe you and also don't care much about the belly flop contests.  But it appears there are at least some that are getting too wound up about over what others wear.  BTW, while I'm happy with casual wear I do follow the recommended dress as much as I can.   

8 hours ago, ldubs said:

I believe you and also don't care much about the belly flop contests.  But it appears there are at least some that are getting too wound up about over what others wear.  BTW, while I'm happy with casual wear I do follow the recommended dress as much as I can.   

It's a recurring theme with a segment of posters who delight in heaping abuse on those who do not meet their standard of dress referring to us as "shlubs" and "barbarians."  

I follow the required standard of dress, the recommended not so much. 

• Like 1

On 8/3/2022 at 8:34 PM, dolittle said:

So the hairy chest and belly flop contest are out . I hope other lines will follow and get rid of these classless and played out antics on all lines. I do wonder if they are trying to class up there rep. after it has taken a beating over some of the classless people getting in brawls at 5:00 in the morning. What else should go on cruise lines things that are classless or just played out. Mine and this is very big on Carnival is dancing waiters, played out most do not like it and some like it too much . 

RCCL has sexy man competition which is hilarious and we enjoy the belly flop (hubby is 4 time champ lol). No one makes you participate or observe so I am not sure what the big deal is. 🙂

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, hazeleyes46 said:

RCCL has sexy man competition which is hilarious and we enjoy the belly flop (hubby is 4 time champ lol). No one makes you participate or observe so I am not sure what the big deal is. 🙂

Hazeleyes, if you had grown up in a town of 200, you'd understand this mentality.   It was part of life.   Everybody watched everybody else all the time, just in case they did something 'scandalous' and could provide fodder for the gossips.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jsn55 said:

Hazeleyes, if you had grown up in a town of 200, you'd understand this mentality.   It was part of life.   Everybody watched everybody else all the time, just in case they did something 'scandalous' and could provide fodder for the gossips.

Oh I can imagine lololol

2 hours ago, hazeleyes46 said:

It's not "classy." Aspiring members of the upper crust are loath to share space with those who participate in such low-brow events. Also on their list are hot dog eating contests, NASCAR, Bud Light and country music. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, K32682 said:

It's not "classy." Aspiring members of the upper crust are loath to share space with those who participate in such low-brow events. Also on their list are hot dog eating contests, NASCAR, Bud Light and country music. 

🤣

52 minutes ago, K32682 said:

Now that you mention it ... 

But I do like Bud Light, makes the perfect Minnesota Bloody Mary.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

Just curious about the difference between “required” and “recommended” - does “required” mean physically enforced?

Yeah, required might  be enforced ... no torn jeans, flip-flops, short-shorts in the MDR , jackets for men, that kind of thing that wouldn't get in most pax' way.  The cruise lines always spell it out. 

6 hours ago, hazeleyes46 said:

Some on here say it is just carnival ,was just on RCCL glad I missed it.  

3 hours ago, K32682 said:

I am O.K.  with Bud Light and country music, no yankee knows or cares anything about  Nascar

I did think of one other thing that should go. I will first admit I have never been to one of these so credential challenge if you like . Most lines have the ''adult '' (dirty ) comic to me I would not be caught dead watching this it just seems so forced and out of place, Something can be dirty and funny but it is not funny because it is dirty. Like do people shout ''yea'' every time he drops a F- bomb, is this really cutting edge or funny, again these are very popular and to me (here he goes again) F-ing classless.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, dolittle said:

I am O.K.  with Bud Light and country music, no yankee knows or cares anything about  Nascar

I don't mind hot dog eating contest , except they should not be allowed to wet them . That is gross.

This thread is hilarious. I love it when the elitists and the "I'm too good for that" comes out in these threads.

Be sure to skip the "adult game night" on Radiance if you are easily offended. It was a great time but I am sure your delicate sensitivities will find it abhorrent. 

On 8/3/2022 at 8:34 PM, dolittle said:

So the hairy chest and belly flop contest are out . 

Thank goodness. I always hated the site of all those hairy chested women prancing around. Ladies, be classy, cover yourselves! 🙈

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pc_load_letter said:

This thread is hilarious. I love it when the elitists and the "I'm too good for that" comes out in these threads.

Be sure to skip the "adult game night" on Radiance if you are easily offended. It was a great time but I am sure your delicate sensitivities will find it abhorrent. 

I don't get offended that is for crybabies and people who fear what someone is saying is true (it always is that is why they are offended ) I will be sure to miss it.

Edited by dolittle

15 hours ago, jsn55 said:

Yeah, required might  be enforced ... no torn jeans, flip-flops, short-shorts in the MDR , jackets for men, that kind of thing that wouldn't get in most pax' way.  The cruise lines always spell it out. 

Exactly right. The cruise line websites are quite clear about what clothing will be not permitted in the MDR and will cause a passenger to be turned away. They also have recommended dress for fancy pants nights but will in most cases will not turn people away if dressed more casually. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Just curious about the difference between “required” and “recommended” - does “required” mean physically enforced?

To me "required" would mean someone would be turned away.   Unless they had a good excuse.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dolittle said:

I don't mind hot dog eating contest , except they should not be allowed to wet them . That is gross.

Aw, a fellow purist!  Can't abide by a dunked in water hot dog.  

On 8/4/2022 at 7:08 AM, dolittle said:

All lines have some clods, they do have a smaller% than most.

6 hours ago, Cruzaholic41 said:

That still doesn’t answer my question. 

Seems one of you is talking of individual passengers acting like knuckleheads and the other is talking about ship sponsored events like the belly flop contests.   All lines have some rude passengers.   I don't recall Celebrity sponsoring any of the pool party things this thread is about.   I wonder if they ever did.