Diamond Drink Vouchers and DBP?

Our next cruise in October 22 will be our first diamond cruise. My wife and I usually each purchase the DBP. With the 4 daily drink vouchers we will be receiving we might be OK on most days however on some days we will be having more than 4 drinks. We are thinking about simply budgeting for some additional drink purchases each day but I also was wondering about purchasing 1 DBP. Has anyone simply purchased a single DBP while their partner uses their combined Diamond vouchers? Will RC allow this? 

Thanks

And don't forget the non alcoholic drinks you may get, juice, waters, etc.  That's what usually makes the DBV worth it for me as I rarely don't break even between those, plus a drink by the pool, a wine at dinner, etc.

Maybe both get the refreshment packages for both and budget for just the alcoholic drinks a la carte above that.

My cruise last month, the DBP was $78 per day.  Your Diamond gets you 4 per day.

If the Drinks are $13 each, then 78 divided by 13 is  6. Thus, you need to have more

than (4+6) 10 Drinks per day to make the DBP less expensive.

You just have to do the math and figure out what works for you.  If you regularly have a dozen drinks per day per person, then the DBP would be worth it.

But if you maybe have 10 drinks on sea days and 6 drinks on port days, it's going to be cheaper to just pay as you go.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies including the suggestion to purchase the Refreshment pack so we don't use our D vouchers for OJ and bottled water. That being said I  understand that the decision to purchase the DBP depends on how much one expects to drink, type of drink  the price of the package itself. What I'm wondering is whether or not Royal will sell me a single package after I tell them we only need one because we plan to pool our diamond vouchers. I have read that when people phone in for a single package purchase the reason given is usually that the partner/spouse doesn't drink. In this case we both drink but are simply trying to save the cost of one DBP by combining our D vouchers.

I think in the end we will probably end up purchasing a Refreshment package, using our D vouchers and budgeting for a few extra drinks through the cruise.

1 minute ago, Jcol5786 said:

Thanks for the replies including the suggestion to purchase the Refreshment pack so we don't use our D vouchers for OJ and bottled water. That being said I  understand that the decision to purchase the DBP depends on how much one expects to drink, type of drink  the price of the package itself. What I'm wondering is whether or not Royal will sell me a single package after I tell them we only need one because we plan to pool our diamond vouchers. I have read that when people phone in for a single package purchase the reason given is usually that the partner/spouse doesn't drink. In this case we both drink but are simply trying to save the cost of one DBP by combining our D vouchers.

I think in the end we will probably end up purchasing a Refreshment package, using our D vouchers and budgeting for a few extra drinks through the cruise.

No, you can't just buy one DBP. The other person has to get at least the refreshment package and you have to call to order that. 

• Like 1

Is the coffee free in the morning in the Diamond lounge.

Then I still have 4 drinks as a Diamond member.....

This Will Be great if its possible.

will there Be free breakfast in the Diamond lounge.

we are sailing on Brilliance the 11. Th of September.

Our first Cruise as Diamond member...

58 minutes ago, Preziosa said:

Is the coffee free in the morning in the Diamond lounge.

Then I still have 4 drinks as a Diamond member.....

This Will Be great if its possible.

will there Be free breakfast in the Diamond lounge.

we are sailing on Brilliance the 11. Th of September.

Our first Cruise as Diamond member...

Yes to all. More of a continental breakfast in DL. 

We sail our first cruise as Diamond on Oasis next month. We have always purchased the DBP, but will not this time. Our plan is to bring two bottles of wine, bring bottled water to have in our cabin, drink coffee from Diamond lounge, use our four drink coupons each, and purchase drinks above and beyond that. Expecting to purchase 2-3 additional drinks each per day (using coupons for $13 drinks, and buying a beer or two). We should/could save around $350.

Edited by Royal Fun
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Royal Fun said:

We sail our first cruise as Diamond on Oasis next month. We have always purchased the DBP, but will not this time. Our plan is to bring two bottles of wine, bring bottled water to have in our cabin, drink coffee from Diamond lounge, use our four drink coupons each, and purchase drinks above and beyond that. Expecting to purchase 2-3 additional drinks each per day (using coupons for $13 drinks, and buying a beer or two). We should/could save around $350.

Pretty much exactly my plan for Anthem Nov. 27.

On 8/8/2022 at 7:45 AM, Jcol5786 said:

That would probably be the best thing to do. We are D+ (we get 5 drinks) we save the vouchers for the more expensive drinks and just pay as we go for the other drinks.

On 8/8/2022 at 6:45 AM, Jcol5786 said:

What I'm wondering is whether or not Royal will sell me a single package after I tell them we only need one because we plan to pool our diamond vouchers. I have read that when people phone in for a single package purchase the reason given is usually that the partner/spouse doesn't drink. In this case we both drink but are simply trying to save the cost of one DBP by combining our D vouchers.

Just to make sure you have a clear answer, you can do pretty much what you've suggested except that one of you will need to get the refreshment package.  You need to call to get that DBP/refreshment combo thing done, but you don't need to give any reason for it.  They'll just do it.

And, yes, the one with DBP can use the diamond vouchers to get drinks for the one with the refreshment package.  Unfortunately, you aren't able to truly pool your vouchers on one account, but all you need to do is use the DBP card and let the bartender know to use a voucher when it's for the other.