NCL Joy Haven Forward Facing Penthouse

BSR

10 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Think about the fact that there is no wind. Because there are only port holes. 

image.png.ba1527a29096dfc09c8429f0dd299e9d.png

Oh my, I'd never book any kind of cabin without a balcony, never gave this a thought.  Thanks for this!

6 minutes ago, jsn55 said:

Oh my, I'd never book any kind of cabin without a balcony, never gave this a thought.  Thanks for this!

Those penthouses have a balcony on the side. We did this room on the Bliss this spring and it was great!

• Like 1

On 8/9/2022 at 10:15 PM, BSR said:

Are all the Haven forward cabins on decks 10, 11 and 12 the same (size and layout)?

They may vary in size slightly, but the layout should be the same. We are in one on deck 12 in 12 days. I like that they have a seperate bedroom and living area. I wake up earlier than my husband and this enables me not to have to leave the stateroom.

On 8/10/2022 at 12:46 AM, BirdTravels said:

Think about the fact that there is no wind. Because there are only port holes. 

image.png.ba1527a29096dfc09c8429f0dd299e9d.png

The porthole is where the bedroom is. I think that the other middle portholes are Oceanview staterooms. These forward penthouses have a bedroom and a separate living area. The living area has sliders to the balcony, which is on the side of the ship.

1 hour ago, jjjct said:

They may vary in size slightly, but the layout should be the same. We are in one on deck 12 in 12 days. I like that they have a seperate bedroom and living area. I wake up earlier than my husband and this enables me not to have to leave the stateroom.

Thanks.  Please report back and let me know what cabin # you stayed in and what you thought of it.

• Like 1

These are nice staterooms but be aware that 13108 on Joy is wheelchair accessible. It has a larger bathroom (where the window is) and does not have a separate living room/bedroom. It is one large room and one large bathroom.

The balcony for 13108/13708 for Joy (under the bridge) is partially enclosed. 

NorFor131-59804-1566998189.webp

NorFor131-90177-1566998187.webp

NorFor131-73087-1566998185.webp

(Bliss interior shown above but Joy is the same)

5 hours ago, jjjct said:

The porthole is where the bedroom is. I think that the other middle portholes are Oceanview staterooms. These forward penthouses have a bedroom and a separate living area. The living area has sliders to the balcony, which is on the side of the ship.

Yes. But the response was to a comment that forward facing balconies (like on all of the small ships) would be too windy while the ship is underway. There are no forward facing balconies on the BA/BA+ ships. And yes, we have had these forward facing Haven rooms several times. Great rooms. Long walk to elevator when you are older and less mobile. 

BTW: Forward facing balconies on small ships are our favorite staterooms. And they are fine while he ship is underway on most days. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Yes. But the response was to a comment that forward facing balconies (like on all of the small ships) would be too windy while the ship is underway. There are no forward facing balconies on the BA/BA+ ships. And yes, we have had these forward facing Haven rooms several times. Great rooms. Long walk to elevator when you are older and less mobile. 

BTW: Forward facing balconies on small ships are our favorite staterooms. And they are fine while he ship is underway on most days. 

Haven owners suite with large balcony and the haven owners suites do have forward facing balconies in the breakaway and the getaway. But I have also had the forward facingbhaben suites and love them 

1E19C64F-0DF6-4BF2-ADD3-E99F100477A6.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/12/2022 at 12:29 PM, BSR said:

Thanks as I'm thinking about booking this same suite cabin #.

We really liked our cabin. There was plenty of room with the large bedroom and seperate living area. I enjoyed having the window in the bedroom looking forward out on the ocean. The balcony was on the small size, 2 chairs and table really only spent time out there reading. 2 negatives,  it can be a noisy cabin when the Joy is docking. I don't know what causes it but there is a lot of vibration and noise, was only an issue with us if it was an early docking, you will not be able to sleep through it.The other negative is that it is a pretty long walk to the elevators and stairs and up 5 flights to the Haven. I walk an average of 5 miles a day so wasn't a problem for us and we always walked the stairs up to Haven. May be an issue if you wait for an elevator. I would book this room again. Let me know if you have any questions. 

10 minutes ago, jjjct said:

We really liked our cabin. There was plenty of room with the large bedroom and seperate living area. I enjoyed having the window in the bedroom looking forward out on the ocean. The balcony was on the small size, 2 chairs and table really only spent time out there reading. 2 negatives,  it can be a noisy cabin when the Joy is docking. I don't know what causes it but there is a lot of vibration and noise, was only an issue with us if it was an early docking, you will not be able to sleep through it.The other negative is that it is a pretty long walk to the elevators and stairs and up 5 flights to the Haven. I walk an average of 5 miles a day so wasn't a problem for us and we always walked the stairs up to Haven. May be an issue if you wait for an elevator. I would book this room again. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Thanks for the cabin information and looking forward to sailing in this suite.  We are early risers so I  don't see the vibration and noise as a big issue for us.  We also walk a lot of miles every day and we always take the stairs. 

2 hours ago, BSR said:

Thanks for the cabin information and looking forward to sailing in this suite.  We are early risers so I  don't see the vibration and noise as a big issue for us.  We also walk a lot of miles every day and we always take the stairs. 

Sounds like it will be a perfect cabin for you, as it was for us! We really enjoyed our first Haven experience. Being on a mega ship like this it really was wonderful having all the fun activities but we escaped to the Haven sun deck and observation area a lot. Enjoy!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I currently have an HJ booked for August, right by the elevators on Deck 14 and made a minimum bid on Forward Facing Penthouse HG on Joy.

Are the forward facing far from elevators? This is our first time outside of the Courtyard and my husband just wants an elevator ride away, not walking half the ship.

I will happily cancel my bid if we are far from Joy elevators that will bring us to the Haven.

Thank you all so much!

6 minutes ago, js said:

Are the forward facing far from elevators? This is our first time outside of the Courtyard and my husband just wants an elevator ride away, not walking half the ship.

The higher the deck, the shorter the walk is to the elevators.

The lower the deck, the longer the walk is to the elevators. 

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Ship_Map_JOY_06142022.pdf