Usage lenghts of Freestyle cups

11 hours ago, Brandis said:

OK, so you have to actively ask for it on boarding day? Then I'll just keep the first one and if it stops working halfway through the second cruise, I'll just ask them if they can reactivate the chip. If they can't, they still can give me a second cup. 

If it stops working, just go to a bar instead of a freestyle machine. They will keep filling it. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, topnole said:

And what happens if you never activate them.  Do they work later?   😂😂😂

Sometimes, depends on the vintage of the cup and style of cup programed into the Freestyle machine on the ship you try it on. 

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a place to rinse out / wash the freestyle cups?  We will be on the Mariner in September and were wondering about this.  Also, where are the freestyle machines located for self-serving?

Someone mentioned above that the fresh OJ machines had been removed from Windjammer on the Mariner.  Is there a place to get fresh OJ in the morning in the Windjammer (is there a bar that would be open for juice)?  Part of why we opted for the Refreshment package over the Soda package was the inclusion of fresh juice (and yeah, JR milkshakes, too).

Speaking of JR milkshakes, how do you order them if you're not also eating a meal (paying cover)?

On 8/9/2022 at 7:41 AM, Biker19 said:

If you want to use the Feestyle machines, yea. Whether you get the cup in the cabin may vary by ship or even sailing. 

I have been on 12 RCI cruises since last August. The cups were not placed in the cabin for all 12 cruises. You either had to get the cup at a bar or on a few recent cruises, they had tables with them in the middle of the promenade on embarkation day. I have heard from countless bartenders that this is a permanent change, one they aren’t crazy about since it adds to their workload. 

6 hours ago, brillohead said:

Every stateroom I've ever been in has always had a sink and soap and towels.  

Oh yeah, I didn't think about that as I don't associate washing out dishes with a restroom.  I need to add a small dish soap to my packing list. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, nzdisneymom said:

Oh yeah, I didn't think about that as I don't associate washing out dishes with a restroom.  I need to add a small dish soap to my packing list. 

There's nothing magical about dish soap... it's not like you're having to use Dawn to get an oil slick off a duck with a toothbrush!  

Hand soap or the mystery goo in the shower dispenser will wash a soda out of a plastic tumbler just fine.  It's not like it's baked and burnt on.

On 8/10/2022 at 12:25 AM, BirdTravels said:

If it stops working, just go to a bar instead of a freestyle machine. They will keep filling it. 

If we are Inthe bar, we don't plan on drinking out of plastic cups. We have refreshment packages an all of our RC cruises and have never used the things.🤔

Edited by zap99

5 hours ago, OnceAMarineAlwaysAMarine said:

We just got off Oasis and they had a table set up in the Promenade outside of Sorrentos with the cups.  They check your seapass card then give you the mug.  They were not the new plastic style cups, but the older insulated cups which I think are much better.

I hope that will still be the case when we board the Oasis in November.  I have one of those older ones that is my go-to at home.