Check In Time - Confirm For Me Please...

Sascol

Checkin will open 45 days before your cruise.  Best advise is to go to checkin as soon as you can when it opens to get the widest array of times.  You can just select the arrival time then go back and complete the rest anytime before you get to the port.

We haven't cruise since October 2019. I don't remember having an assigned boarding time on the last cruise. Is your boarding time assigned when you check in online or on the app?

Just now, sasset said:

We haven't cruise since October 2019. I don't remember having an assigned boarding time on the last cruise. Is your boarding time assigned when you check in online or on the app?

When you check in, whether online or the app, you select the 30-minute window for your arrival time at the port.  This is a post-Covid change.  There are varying reports of the attention given the time by the staff at different ports.  In Barcelona last fall it was checked closely.  In fact, we arrived exactly on time, but had to wait outside for about 10 minutes due to the # still in the terminal.  Of course, everyone was tested at the port so had to wait 20 minutes or so post testing for results to be cleared to finish check in and then board.

My choice for our upcoming cruise is to arrive during our window or maybe 10 minutes early.  I don’t choose to risk encountering strict port staff and having to wait outside, standing, for an extended time in whatever weather.

The sooner you check in when it opens (usually 45 days before), the better selection of times .

On 8/10/2022 at 4:12 PM, wrk2cruise said:

Checkin will open 45 days before your cruise.  Best advise is to go to checkin as soon as you can when it opens to get the widest array of times.  You can just select the arrival time then go back and complete the rest anytime before you get to the port.

I had the impression that check in started at midnight.  But mine started about 5pm.  I saw a note from someone on my roll call that it had started.