Name suffix

mitz18

Why can't Celebrity / Capt club fix the suffix issue on names?  I'm a third (III) and the CC number NEVER gets put on the booking as it states "incorrect captains club number, try again". I've heard JRs have the same problem.  Always have to call and have them manually fix it.  It seems to me it's an easy problem with a simple solution to connect the dots but NO.  My initial sea pass always shows "Pearl" vs "Elite" and have to fight to change it and for credit to my account. ARRRGGG!

Sorry, rant over for the day.  Thanks for listening.

Pearl is Blue Chip Club level,  Elite is Captains Club.   Is it that your seapass shows no CC status?

Edit:  Had to correct my software engineering days Perl to BCC status Pearl😀

Edited by wrk2cruise

6 hours ago, mitz18 said:

Why can't Celebrity / Capt club fix the suffix issue on names?  I'm a third (III) and the CC number NEVER gets put on the booking as it states "incorrect captains club number, try again". I've heard JRs have the same problem.  Always have to call and have them manually fix it.  It seems to me it's an easy problem with a simple solution to connect the dots but NO.  My initial sea pass always shows "Pearl" vs "Elite" and have to fight to change it and for credit to my account. ARRRGGG!

Sorry, rant over for the day.  Thanks for listening.

Are you cruising as a solo?

I am a Jr and I had this problem many years ago.  My work around is that my wife “owns” the booking.  I am sure sure why, but when I book this way, the Jr is never an issue.  It is my understanding that one person in the cabin has to own the reservation.  I just use the log in that I have set up for her.  
I believe the root cause of the problem is that one of the systems (booking/CC) handles the JR in the same “field” as your last name and the other is a separate entry for the Jr.

i would have thought that it would have been fixed by  now, but I am afraid to go back and try it with my log in information.  Sorry to see that it is still an issue.

I've had this issue, and it's because there is a conflict somewhere in "the system."  I got it resolved a very long time ago by calling CC (actually, it was C&A, but same deal, same system).  It took a while, but the person I talked to finally found where the issue was and corrected it.

1 hour ago, DCPIV said:

I've had this issue, and it's because there is a conflict somewhere in "the system."  I got it resolved a very long time ago by calling CC (actually, it was C&A, but same deal, same system).  It took a while, but the person I talked to finally found where the issue was and corrected it.

Just curious when you log into your Celebrity.com do you use you sign in creditials?

16 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Pearl is Blue Chip Club level,  Elite is Captains Club.   Is it that your seapass shows no CC status?

Edit:  Had to correct my software engineering days Perl to BCC status Pearl😀

Yep the seapass shows no status.  Called both CC & TA and they think they have it solved, but now seapass says pending so we'll see what happens in a couple days.  I don't have this issue on RCL, just X.  But I feel better after my rant so all's well........

Same problem on the front end.  I have a double first name, no middle name. I hate being called by just the first half pf my name.

It seems that the data system can't  handle a space in my double first name or the space before your suffix.

Sometimes with name suffices like Jr. or III (as shown as your legal name on your passport) , if you don't register for your cruise using it, you could be directed to go to the check-in counter so the passport can be swiped and the name suffice can be filled in.  It does happen during the Celebrity check-in process.