Updated vac/testing guidelines are now available

Jeremiah1212

Posted on the website. Rules vary by country/port. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/health-and-safety

Individual country requirements:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/travel

Beginning September 5th, 2022, all travelers, regardless of vaccination status, can now cruise on the following itineraries as long as they meet any testing requirements to board:

- All sailings departing from the UK and Europe (with the exception of Iceland)
- All sailings departing from Los Angeles 

For all other sailings, please visit the Country Travel Requirements page for the country of embarkation for your sailing for more information regarding vaccination age requirements.

Edited by Jeremiah1212
  • Thanks 2

We sail out of Southampton on Saturday.  IF I understand the new rule effective today, you are still required to test but won't be asked to show results.  You will just be asked if you tested negative.  Anyone else with better reading comprehension have a different understanding?  

39 minutes ago, AZNE said:

We sail out of Southampton on Saturday.  IF I understand the new rule effective today, you are still required to test but won't be asked to show results.  You will just be asked if you tested negative.  Anyone else with better reading comprehension have a different understanding?  

How are you coming to that conclusion?

Sailing Testing Requirements:

Pre-Arrival/Embarkation Covid-19 Test

All guests ages 2 and older must present a digital or physical copy of a supervised, and negative COVID-19 test result at check-in to board their sailing, whether a pre-arrival test (for vaccinated) or test administered at the terminal (for unvaccinated).

• Up to Date* Guests: Must present a negative Antigen test taken within 2 days prior to sailing. Testing at the terminal will not be required. 
  • Fully-Vaccinated** Guests: Must present a negative Antigen test taken within 2 days of sailing. Testing at the terminal will not be required. For itineraries that end in Spain, pre-arrival test must be taken within 1 day of sailing regardless of homeport.
  • Unvaccinated Guests: Must present either a negative Antigen test taken within 1 day of sailing or have the option to be tested at the Terminal prior to Embarkation. 

Guests who have recently recovered from COVID-19 may present a Certificate of Recovery and proof of the positive PCR or Antigen test result taken between 11 and less than 180 days prior to the sail date in order to board and be exempt from testing. The Certificate of Recovery can be presented as an NHS COVID Pass, EU Certificate of Recovery or as a letter from a healthcare provider. In addition, you must still present a vaccination card. Please be aware that some ports of call do not accept a Certificate of Recovery for the purposes of debarking and enjoying the destination. We will not accept a Certificate of Recovery in place of a vaccination record.***

43 minutes ago, AZNE said:

As of right now there are no changes for your sail date. Supervised testing is required. 

Hmmm.  The page I read is no longer there.  Either that or I am indeed going crazy stressing over everything that could go wrong in the morning when we begin the journey.  Sorry for adding to the confusion.   

This is absolutely the opposite of what I was hoping they would do. I am extremely disappointed in this truly nonsensical result. Let me run take some negative tests and save them to screenshot the night before boarding!

• Like 5

The country specific link just jumps to the usual home X web page for that country.  So, for example, I am no better informed of vax/testing requirements for a cruise departing Spain (in this case, for the U.S.)  And does anyone really trust the IT department's email crew to get the following right?  Best we do our own homework.

Booked guests will be advised of the latest requirements leading up to departure.

Edited by canderson

Celebrity being celebrity… being updated a few weeks ago from June 12th everyone needs to be vaccinated now a few weeks later know one is required to be vaccinated on most/certain cruises… plus you can just take a photo of any negative test you can find and that’s perfectly acceptable to board the ship and spread as many covid germs as you want… 😱🤷🏼‍♂️

unless I’m reading the site incorrectly… but given the usual confusing website I guess I could be wrong 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MR_T said:

Celebrity being celebrity… being updated a few weeks ago from June 12th everyone needs to be vaccinated now a few weeks later know one is required to be vaccinated on most/certain cruises… plus you can just take a photo of any negative test you can find and that’s perfectly acceptable to board the ship and spread as many covid germs as you want… 😱🤷🏼‍♂️

unless I’m reading the site incorrectly… but given the usual confusing website I guess I could be wrong 🤷🏼‍♂️

Makes me wonder how many people actually do this. And really - how thoroughly can they be checking the test results for thousands of people?

Very disappointed and frustrated. 

Edited by CTNYER
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AZNE said:

13 minutes ago, CTNYER said:

Makes me wonder how many people actually do this. And really - how thoroughly can they be checking the test results for thousands of people?

Where did you read that? I don’t see it.

22 minutes ago, MR_T said:

Where do you see that we vacant use any test and not a proctored one?  You are the second person to state that and I don’t see it anywhere.

2 hours ago, AZNE said:

2 hours ago, AZNE said:

The requirements for Southampton, as I read the website, don’t change until September 5.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, thethreeofus said:

Where do you see that we vacant use any test and not a proctored one?  You are the second person to state that and I don’t see it anywhere.

All guests ages 2 and older must present a negative COVID-19 test result to board their sailing. A negative test result from any commercially available test, including self-tests, will be accepted. Tests do not have to be monitored or proctored. Test results may be presented as a printout, screenshot or photo of the test result or the actual test.

this is from the Europe/Italy section 

Edited by MR_T
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, CTNYER said:

Agreed, unfortunately/fortunately it doesn’t really change anything for us as we will be visiting Greece on our sept cruise but regarding what you say I’m wondering how much they will be checking the required info where some cruises they might not need to check so much vs the ones they do… 

5 minutes ago, MR_T said:

All guests ages 2 and older must present a negative COVID-19 test result to board their sailing. A negative test result from any commercially available test, including self-tests, will be accepted. Tests do not have to be monitored or proctored. Test results may be presented as a printout, screenshot or photo of the test result or the actual test.

this is from the Europe/Italy section 

Found it.  Thanks.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MR_T said:

Personally I didn’t think the vaccination requirement would last this long. Cruise ships are among the last to drop the requirement.  
I agree the just show something that says you, or someone, tested negative is crazy.  They might as well just drop the test.   

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Personally I didn’t think the vaccination requirement would last this long. Cruise ships are among the last to drop the requirement.  
I agree the just show something that says you, or someone, tested negative is crazy.  They might as well just drop the test.   

I couldn't agree more. Testing was mostly theater before, now it's 100% theater.

• Like 4