Will Celebrity do a price match if fare goes down when you have a non-refundable deposit?

ROWSE

Greetings,

It has been quite awhile since we have cruised Celebrity, and after searching, I could not find the answer so please forgive me if this is common knowledge.

If I book a non-refundable deposit fare on Celebrity and the price drops, can it be price matched as usual, free of charge, or does it incur a fee under the non refundable deposit? 

Thank you for any information!  

I am wondering the same thing. This refundable vs non-refundable deposit thing is confusing. I'm nervous a price reduction might mean a cancellation and rebooking.

I'm also trying to figure out of paying the extra amount for a refundable deposit is worth it since it is more than the deposit amount we would lose. 

20 minutes ago, bludevil said:

I am wondering the same thing. This refundable vs non-refundable deposit thing is confusing. I'm nervous a price reduction might mean a cancellation and rebooking.

I'm also trying to figure out of paying the extra amount for a refundable deposit is worth it since it is more than the deposit amount we would lose. 

We are trying to figure it out as well.  This is all definitely as clear as mud!

I don’t think there are any additional charges to pay.  We did it for our March, 2022 cruise 3 times.  But rules have changed.  On Celebrity website search for Cruise with Confidence.  Then search for Best Price Guarantee.  Cruise with Confidence is for bookings made before 3/31/22 with sailings before 9/30/22.  All bookings made after 3/31/22 are under Best Price Guarantee and different rules especially if paid in full.  Be sure to also read the fine print.

• Like 1

Just now, JLMcruise said:

They adjusted our April cruise and gave us a OBC for the difference for the lower fare since we had already paid in full. They don't look at the total price paid - they looked at the 1st and 2nd passenger fare.

Your cruise must have been covered by CwC.   Most peoples reservations now are not covered by that policy anymore unless you are sailing in the next 45 days.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JLMcruise said:

They adjusted our April cruise and gave us a OBC for the difference for the lower fare since we had already paid in full. They don't look at the total price paid - they looked at the 1st and 2nd passenger fare.

Did you book before 3/31/22?  If so, above is correct.  But bookings after 3/31/22 if you made final payment you can only request the price adjustment if it’s within 48 hours of creating your booking.  

2 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Your cruise must have been covered by CwC.   Most peoples reservations now are not covered by that policy anymore unless you are sailing in the next 45 days.

Good to know - we have a few more cruises this year. So far the prices have only gone up!

I booked about 1 month ago. I paid in full with a non refundable deposit about a few weeks before final payment. In that 2 week period I repriced  twice for additional obc and a price drop.

non refundable deposits can be repriced before final payment.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Tee & Chilli said:

I booked about 1 month ago. I paid in full with a non refundable deposit about a few weeks before final payment. In that 2 week period I repriced  twice for additional obc and a price drop.

non refundable deposits can be repriced before final payment.

Same here!  We booked  our November 7th cruise in July with a non refundable deposit and paid it off August 4th.  When I called Celebrity on Saturday (August 6),  I received the increased OBC and a refund for the price drop difference.  I will say that even though I have confirmation of the refund, it hasn't shown up on my credit card yet.  

Just booked directly with Celebrity yesterday and PIF for 9/17/22 Caribbean cruise with $200 OBC included with the "sale."

The sale terms changed today and the cost is slightly less, but no OBC with the new sale.

Can I get back the difference without losing the OBC that came with yesterday's sale?

Thx. Kay

1 hour ago, MarKay525 said:

Just booked directly with Celebrity yesterday and PIF for 9/17/22 Caribbean cruise with $200 OBC included with the "sale."

The sale terms changed today and the cost is slightly less, but no OBC with the new sale.

Can I get back the difference without losing the OBC that came with yesterday's sale?

Thx. Kay

When repricing it like canceling and rebooking.  So you lose whatever promo you had before and get the current prevailing rate/promo.

24 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

When repricing it like canceling and rebooking.  So you lose whatever promo you had before and get the current prevailing rate/promo.

Thanks - not worth it for the difference. I usually hand this off to my TA to figure out, but he wasn't available so I did this last minute booking directly. So glad Cruise Critic exists.

2 hours ago, MarKay525 said:

Thx. Kay

I noticed the same thing on a cruise I booked a few days ago.  Price dropped by $250, but now without the $250 OBC.

Pretty sure the OBC goes away if repriced.