Selecting seats on Flights by Celebrity

yvrbos

You should have been provided your locator #.  If the airline allows seat selection before  payment, then you should be able to.  Many airlines do not allow seat selection until payment.

When I booked our open-jawed flights for our October cruise back in January, the agent described the plane configuration and asked me if I had a preference for seat location.  Once I told him what we preferred, he selected seats and provided all that info to me on the phone as well as in an email which he waited til I received it before ending the call.  I can actually go into the airline sites (different airlines for going and returning) and change seat assignments if I want.

57 minutes ago, yvrbos said:

Hello everyone,

I purchased my flights by Celebrity. Can I select my seats? If so, do I call the airline directly or Flights by Celebrity?

Depends on the airline on whether you can select seats immediately after booking the flight thru FBC.  From personal experience, I can say that United does and I called FBC to do it as it was not available to do it thru my MileagePlus account.  I have read posts that Air Canada does not.

I book American Airlines through Flights by Celebrity.  I have my seats picked out prior to calling to book along with the exact flight(s) I want.  I check prices on American and Flights by Celebrity and have the seat map pulled up on American.    Once booked, during the same phone call I choose our seats.  When I hang up I log into my American Airlines account to make sure the flight shows and/or add the Record Locator to link it to my account.  I make sure the seats for everyone are listed and are correct.  I have had a couple instances that the seats don't show/all show so I call right back and have them do it again, and of course check.  😉

The flights show up in my American Airlines account but they usually don't become ticketed until about 21 days out even though I have paid in full. 

🍹

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have AA to San Juan and not able to choose seats on aa.com but I called Flights by Celebrity today and they were able to choose them for me. I was going to pay for them but he said he could get the seats without paying.  I checked on AA.com and the seats are assigned but I can't change them.

1 hour ago, whitshel said:

We have AA to San Juan and not able to choose seats on aa.com but I called Flights by Celebrity today and they were able to choose them for me. I was going to pay for them but he said he could get the seats without paying.  I checked on AA.com and the seats are assigned but I can't change them.

You won't be able to change them on your own until it is ticketed which doesn't happen until about 21 days before flying.  To change your seats, you will have to call Flights by Celebrity. 

This has been my experience every time.  Not that I change my seats, but the control of the reservation and timeframe.  

🍹

8 minutes ago, PinkSandGirl said:

You won't be able to change them on your own until it is ticketed which doesn't happen until about 21 days before flying.  To change your seats, you will have to call Flights by Celebrity. 

This has been my experience every time.  Not that I change my seats, but the control of the reservation and timeframe.  

🍹

Not really. That pretty much depends on the airline and you can always force the early issuance of your tickets. I have done so many times as I typically apply upgrades to my bookings and require immediate ticketing.

On United we were assigned the very last row (I am claustrophobic). On the United web site we upgraded the seats. As noted above - on our Air Canada return flight we paid for the upgraded seats - I didn't want to wait for the 24 hours before the flight to be assigned. 

7 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

Not really. That pretty much depends on the airline and you can always force the early issuance of your tickets. I have done so many times as I typically apply upgrades to my bookings and require immediate ticketing. 

That's good you are able to push for them to Ticket it for you.

My experience is with American, as I said in an earlier post.   I haven't had to do anything with my reservations so I've never pushed for them to be ticketed earlier.  I've questioned it and have been told the 21 days.  It's good to know you can try to push them if needed.  

🍹

Our recent experience with Flight by Celebrity also involves American Airlines.  We are flying home from Amsterdam next month through Dallas and were assigned seats by FBC upon purchase.  There have been several itinerary changes along with seat location changes.  We are flying premium economy and selected seats, two together (configuration of rows 2-3-2) left side of plane.  We have been moved to a row of 3 for the flight from Amsterdam and different rows for the flight home from Dallas.  I contacted FBC and they told me I needed to talk to the airline.  Contacted American who said I needed to talk to Flights by Celebrity. Once I explained my concerns, the agent said the seat changes were a result of FBC had not paid the fare to enable ticketing even though our full payment had been processed 2 months earlier. So I guess the next time I will ask for the full payment by FBC to the airline so the seats can be ticketed.  

8 minutes ago, WVU-79 said:

Our recent experience with Flight by Celebrity also involves American Airlines.  We are flying home from Amsterdam next month through Dallas and were assigned seats by FBC upon purchase.  There have been several itinerary changes along with seat location changes.  We are flying premium economy and selected seats, two together (configuration of rows 2-3-2) left side of plane.  We have been moved to a row of 3 for the flight from Amsterdam and different rows for the flight home from Dallas.  I contacted FBC and they told me I needed to talk to the airline.  Contacted American who said I needed to talk to Flights by Celebrity. Once I explained my concerns, the agent said the seat changes were a result of FBC had not paid the fare to enable ticketing even though our full payment had been processed 2 months earlier. So I guess the next time I will ask for the full payment by FBC to the airline so the seats can be ticketed.  

I hope you can get it all worked out.

I might just have to call Flights by Celebrity and get them to Ticket it since @Fly and Sail said it's sometimes possible earlier than the 21 day mark, since I've paid in full. 

🍹

37 minutes ago, WVU-79 said:

I am a first time FBC customer for our upcoming TA in Oct.  I have read several posts like yours from others that have made final payment, but the ticketing was not done until long after.  When I made final payment last month, my TA called FBC to request that I immediately get ticketed.  A few days later I confirmed it by calling FBC and asking for the 13 digit ticket number for both of our tickets.

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

I am a first time FBC customer for our upcoming TA in Oct.  I have read several posts like yours from others that have made final payment, but the ticketing was not done until long after.  When I made final payment last month, my TA called FBC to request that I immediately get ticketed.  A few days later I confirmed it by calling FBC and asking for the 13 digit ticket number for both of our tickets.

I had a similar experience: I called to have flights ticketed 3 days after I made final payment.  The agent on the phone put in the request & said it might take as long as a week.  I waited 48 hours, logged into Delta and the flights showed as ticketed. 

(I had been able to change seats selected at time of booking, long before final payment.  This is with Delta.)