Check In Question

Harrisonkid

You can find the check-in date on the app.  Open it up, and make sure you have the relevant cruise selected (it defaults to the next one coming up).  Swipe over to the right or select the very stylized icon on the right of the calendar icon near the top of the screen.  Scroll down a little, and there's your check-in date.

3 hours ago, DCPIV said:

You can find the check-in date on the app.  Open it up, and make sure you have the relevant cruise selected (it defaults to the next one coming up).  Swipe over to the right or select the very stylized icon on the right of the calendar icon near the top of the screen.  Scroll down a little, and there's your check-in date.

Today, the 16th of August was listed as our check-in date.  We attempted to check-in and app accepted all of our information but there was a message  that said that we needed to come back at a time closer to our sailing date to a obtain an arrival time.  ???  Might have missed something on previous post about check-in but this came as a surprise.  Any thoughts on this.

7 minutes ago, ronmar22 said:

Today, the 16th of August was listed as our check-in date.  We attempted to check-in and app accepted all of our information but there was a message  that said that we needed to come back at a time closer to our sailing date to a obtain an arrival time.  ???  Might have missed something on previous post about check-in but this came as a surprise.  Any thoughts on this.

I can't recall if I've seen that (or something similar) or if I've just heard about that happening.  Either way, about the only thing to do is to come back later.  You could try checking in via the website and see if you get a different result.

3 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

I can't recall if I've seen that (or something similar) or if I've just heard about that happening.  Either way, about the only thing to do is to come back later.  You could try checking in via the website and see if you get a different result.

I did try the website and get the same results....

"We’re not quite ready for you. Check back closer to your cruise to select an arrival time and complete check-in."  Just curious if it's only with our reservation or if others are experiencing the same.  We'll be patient and keep trying every now and then.

1 minute ago, ronmar22 said:

"We’re not quite ready for you. Check back closer to your cruise to select an arrival time and complete check-in."  Just curious if it's only with our reservation or if others are experiencing the same.  We'll be patient and keep trying every now and then.

I would expect others are seeing the same.

Just going back to last year, there was another version of a hiccup going on with selecting arrival time for a while.  You could check in with the all the information, but the only available arrival time was 3:00 PM.  After some days, it would resolve, and all the times would be up.  No telling what was going on with that, but everyone saw the same thing.

22 minutes ago, cruzzzinma said:

We are boarding the Solstice on Sep 16. Checkin opened about 45 days before but we still cannot select an arrival time. 

Bummer. We are on the Summit 21 September and we were able to get a 10:00 AM check in time. 

1 hour ago, ronmar22 said:

Same here for our Sept. 30th cruise.  Took all the personal and health info, but the part that allows you to choose a pier check in time shows “ come back later.” ☹️

12 minutes ago, Suzanne123 said:

Same here for our Sept. 30th cruise.  Took all the personal and health info, but the part that allows you to choose a pier check in time shows “ come back later.” ☹️

We are on the Millennium on Sep 30.  Sounds like you are too.  My concern was that there might have been a hiccup with our reservation causing the no arrival time selection as I had not heard of this happening in the past or with other cruisers.  It seems that it is not only us.  We’ll keep checking and eventually arrival time  choice will happen.  Thanks all for responses.  

This has never happened to me, and I have sailed six times since last July.  I spoke to a gal this morning, and she put in a trouble ticket to their IT dept.  They are supposed to get back to me in 24-48 hours. ( I think that’s about as likely to happen as “your call will be answered in approximately four minutes.”)😂

17 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Check in for ours opened today, 45 days out.  Have read that is pretty normal. 

However, the message said previously that they would email when check in was available, and I did not receive any email.

Were you able to obtain an arrival time during the check-in process?

8 minutes ago, ronmar22 said:

Were you able to obtain an arrival time during the check-in process?

11-11:30 was the first option, but yes.  Not sure if that's good or bad with Celebrity since I haven't sailed with them.  Princess does times, but they don't really use them, you just board when you show up. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Suzanne123 said:

This has never happened to me, and I have sailed six times since last July.  I spoke to a gal this morning, and she put in a trouble ticket to their IT dept.  They are supposed to get back to me in 24-48 hours. ( I think that’s about as likely to happen as “your call will be answered in approximately four minutes.”)😂

As you stated, it's unlikely that X will get back with you.  However, if the miracle happens, please let us know what they say about this.  By reading recent posts it seems that people on other cruises are indeed able to access arrival times with the initial "check-in" process. (see #16 above)

2 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

11-11:30 was the first option, but yes.  Not sure if that's good or bad with Celebrity since I haven't sailed with them.  Princess does times, but they don't really use them, you just board when you show up. 

Since restart after Covid they do for the most part check your boarding time.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ronmar22 said:

As you stated, it's unlikely that X will get back with you.  However, if the miracle happens, please let us know what they say about this.  By reading recent posts it seems that people on other cruises are indeed able to access arrival times with the initial "check-in" process. (see #16 above)

I will post if I have any success.  No solution from Celebrity today.

On 8/17/2022 at 9:41 AM, kywildcatfanone said:

That's about as good as it gets.  I've seen earlier arrival times, but not for every sailing.  Regardless, the ship typically does not start boarding until around 11 or later.

This happened with our cruise last October on the Apex TA, but that was fairly early in the return to cruising.  I finished check-in, but couldn’t select a time.  I checked back a couple of times per day for a few weeks.  One night as I was heading to bed, I thought I would try once more . . . Success!  I was able to get the earliest check-in time of 11:00-11:30.  It will open, but you’ll need to regularly check as there was no notification from Celebrity.  I had checked twice that day and just decided to try once more.