Gratuity increasing

6 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Actually it does in some cases.  I've seen that people that tip big get preferential treatment.  Staff saving tables, loungers, etc.  Bypassing other passengers in favor of serving the "tippers".

Think of it more like big tippers have "The Key" without officially having "The Key".  Most of the time the amount isn't as important as the who. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Actually it does in some cases.  I've seen that people that tip big get preferential treatment.  Staff saving tables, loungers, etc.  Bypassing other passengers in favor of serving the "tippers".

Yep, palm grease almost always gets things done.  I'm not judging whether or not that is fair, but it's been that way for a very long time.

• Like 1

We made final payment for our Nov cruises a couple of weeks ago and already have grats added so at the "original" price.  We always  prepay them and give additional and we'll continue to do so.   What we don't do is "pre-tip".  We always get good service and tip accordingly onboard. 

On 8/23/2022 at 5:19 PM, SellN4U said:

I notice RCI no longer provides recommended tips for stateroom attendant, server, assistant server, etc.  Does anyone know what those are?

If you pay for service before it is rendered it does not meet the definition of a gratuity. If you pay at the end of the cruise after you experience the level of service provided it is a gratuity (or tip).

I pre-pay the gratuity beforehand, since for me, it is part of the cruise fare for basic service (and this increase is, in effect, a bonus by us the passengers) . I hand out tips at the end of the cruise to staff members for service provided above and beyond. 

The amount is based on how far they went above and beyond (and what cash I have on hand) - the amount provided is personal, and is up to you.

But if you still want an actual breakdown, an old list appears on the following thread . .  . https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/15619-automatic-gratuity-breakdown/

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

and.... that's how the real world operates.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, screwsmcernst said:

We cruise in 39 days.  We made our final payment weeks ago.  Will we be charged the additional tip fees daily on our cruise?  Or are we ok with the prepaid tips that were already paid?

If you already prepaid your Tips no additional Daily amount will be charged

• Like 1