Umbrellas in Veranda staterooms

GeorgesGal

I've not sailed with HAL in about six years and don't remember:  are umbrellas standard in the regular veranda staterooms or only in the suites.  Asking because I'm cruising on N.A. in wet, rainy Alaska!

Thanks for your help.

Donna

6 minutes ago, ShipWalker said:

Neither umbrellas, bumbershoots nor parasols were to be found in our veranda stateroom three weeks ago on the Eurodam to Alaska. It was sunny and warm the entire trip, too.

Really?  Ours were hidden in the back of the closet....

L.

Thanks to both Ship Walker and Leerathje for your input.  Too bad they conflict with each other.  Hiding in the back of the closet - that's something I'm kinda remembering, but wasn't sure if that was in the Neptune Suite or the Verandas ... .

Sunny and warm, Ship Walker?  But this is AK we're talking about where the weather can change on a dime!

Donna

In my experience, umbrellas were in the Neptune Suites only. My advice is to bring your own small one. The ship's unbrellas are really large and there is no comfotable way to carry them when not in us; no strap attached, so you end up having to figure out your own way to carry it, which I found to be quite clumsy.

We were on the Eurodam for the first cruise to Alaska this summer (April). The weather was less than perfect and crew were handing out umbrellas to passengers as we got off at each port (didn't matter what cabin category you were in.) When we returned the wet umbrellas were collected and placed in a large container. That seems to make more sense than everyone dealing with wet umbrellas in their cabins.