Help me choose my next Celebrity Cruise

luv2trvlnow

I am trying to choose betweeen 2 cruises.  It will be just my husband and me.  We will be in our 70's by then.  I have been to all these ports before.  So it comes down to the ship and the price.  Celebrity Beyond cost $700 more.

Celebrity Beyond in a Deluxe Porthole view with Veranda

Sailing: April 12-22, 2024 - 10 Nights

Ports:

Philipsburg, St Maarten

Castries, St Lucia

Bridgetown, Barbados

St Johns, Antigua

Brasseterre, St Kitts

OR

Celebrity Equinox in a Deluxe Veranda

Sailing April 1-11  10 Nights

Ports:

St Johns, Antigua

Bridgetown, Barbados

Castries, St Lucia

Fort De France, Martinique

Brasseterre, St Kitts

Both great. We Love the E-Class which is Beyond, but yup more expensive. Equinox is one of our favorites….so…..

And both call one of our favorite ports, St Kitts. Did the cooking class there and had fresh swordfish prepared. Fantastic. And interesting tour.

den

• Like 1

Hmm. The only difference in ports is Martinique vs St Maarten. Personally, I'd pick Martinique, just because it isn't as commonly visited.  And I'd opt for Eclipse over any E class ship, because they're  one of my least favorite classes of ship.

• Like 1

Thank you for your responses.  I am thinking we will book the Equinox, unless someone can change my mind.  We would book a Deluxe Porthole View with Veranda on The Beyond.  And we are looking at 7286, a 1A on the Equinox.  We have that one on a hold.

No reason for anyone to try to change your mind. Both ships are great and so are the itineraries. You are facing what each of us do in picking and choosing….and you can try the E-Class later or whatever. 

Each Celebrity Class ships have a unique desirability for us. Love all. 

Enjoy!

den

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, luv2trvlnow said:

Thank you for your responses.  I am thinking we will book the Equinox, unless someone can change my mind.  We would book a Deluxe Porthole View with Veranda on The Beyond.  And we are looking at 7286, a 1A on the Equinox.  We have that one on a hold.

I would go with the Equinox, especially with that type of stateroom. Those "hump cabins" have huge balconies and close to the elevators but not noisy!  The one you have reserved is on the back of the hump,and those are great. If you are interested,  in the "deluxe balcony " category some of the forward angled ones are available, like 7260 and 8226. Those give you a great view all the way forward while at sea...a little windy at the railing but not bad. 

Edited by Smmessineo

2 minutes ago, Smmessineo said:

I would go with the Equinox, especially with that type of stateroom. Those "hump cabins" have huge balconies and close to the elevators but not noisy!  The one you have reserved is on the back of the hump,and those are great. If you are interested,  in the "deluxe balcony " category some of the forward angled ones are available, like 7260 and 8226. Those give you a great view all the way forward while at sea...a little windy at the railing but not bad. 

Correct about those hump cabins..they are great…

3 hours ago, luv2trvlnow said:

i think you will love the equinox, we are going back on it in january,  Its one of our favorite ships in the celebrity fleet. 

Thank you everyone.  Equinox it is!!!  We have booked one of the hump cabins!  It is now in my signature.  I am looking forward to this cruise.  I did enjoy our cruise on the Summit out of San Juan back in 2016. 

We had 3 cruises booked when Covid hit.  We took the full refund and not FCC.  We are now getting back to booking cruises.  It is a long wait until 2024.  We do have 2 cruises on Carnival next fall in Europe.  I looked at Celebrity Beyond since it had several of the same ports, but just couldn't bring myself to pay over twice as much for it.  We are going for the ports and will not be spending much time awake on the ship.  That $5300 savings will more than pay for this cruise.

• Like 1