Internet package

Noesja

I'm trying to figure out if I should buy the internet package pre-cruise or on board. Is there a price difference? I have some OBC. I understand I can use this buying internet, but only while purchasing on board. Any advice is appreciated 😊

If you need the Premium Internet package for the entire cruise, it is less expensive to pre-book it. The Surf and Social packages cannot be pre-booked. If booked onboard, you may purchase any package for just the number of days needed.

Here is the most recent price list:

971214831_2019Internetpackages1device-prices.png.0b1f84283e0155ff5c473c1ab2b959f5.png

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, kapitch said:

Where did you find the Internet pricing Cruise Suzy?  I'm interested in Premium package for 34 day cruise so I can compare pre-board pricing with on-board pricing.

Thanks in advance!

Kathy

That price list was posted on a Roll Call several years ago. Various CC members have verified that the prices are still the same.

For some cruises longer than 31 days you have to buy 31 days, then buy the additional days at the end. On other longer cruises HAL does provide a longer package but no one has ever posted one of those.

1 hour ago, Cruise Suzy said:

If you need the Premium Internet package for the entire cruise, it is less expensive to pre-book it. The Surf and Social packages cannot be pre-booked. If booked onboard, you may purchase any package for just the number of days needed.

Here is the most recent price list:

971214831_2019Internetpackages1device-prices.png.0b1f84283e0155ff5c473c1ab2b959f5.png

Thank you very much. This information helps a lot!!

I have the "Have It All" package for my upcoming January Panama Canal transit and this post inspired me to look into the details of the 3 levels of internet packages (not easy to find on the website).

I looked closer at my booking confirmation and realized I have the Surf package as part of Have It All.  It is more limited than I assumed.  I would like to be able to stream music (if the bandwidth allows) and can only do that with the Premium package.  Also would like to do video calls with family rather than in port at some found wifi.

Does anyone know if HAL will allow an upgrade to the Premium package for just the difference over the Surf package?  I fear no.  I will also send an email to my Personal Cruise Consultant, although there is no certainty in her answer either.

From HAL website:

image.thumb.png.c5c20cc713b04005da9724c5bbe5a15b.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CaptJerry51 said:

Does anyone know if HAL will allow an upgrade to the Premium package for just the difference over the Surf package?  I fear no.  I will also send an email to my Personal Cruise Consultant, although there is no certainty in her answer either.

You can upgrade the package once on board. I asked concerning a 31-day cruise and was told that the upgrade fee from the Surf plan to Premium would be USD 70 for the whole trip but that it could only be done once onboard. I have seen other messages from people stating that once onboard they got shown an upgrade offer once they started using the Surf internet. Fee is per person and depending on the length of the cruise. 

Thanks for the info.  If I understand it correctly, we would pay $329.99 for 31 day package and $10.64 for the next 3 days, totaling $361.91 (or close to it).  Pre-board price quoted in our booking indicates $319, so we would be saving around $45, but likely would not need to purchase it for day of disembarkation making the savings even less.

21 minutes ago, kapitch said:

$10.64 for the next 3 days,

Maybe, maybe not!

That $10.64 is the calculated cost per day for the 31 day cruise.  It does not say that you can add the final 3 days for that cost.  Perhaps the cost will be the 3 day sailing of $59.99.

I don't know, just saying that I wouldn't presume to extend at the per diem rate.

Perhaps someone who has extended over 31 days will know for sure.

56 minutes ago, kapitch said:

Thanks for the info.  If I understand it correctly, we would pay $329.99 for 31 day package and $10.64 for the next 3 days, totaling $361.91 (or close to it).  Pre-board price quoted in our booking indicates $319, so we would be saving around $45, but likely would not need to purchase it for day of disembarkation making the savings even less.

32 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Maybe, maybe not!

That $10.64 is the calculated cost per day for the 31 day cruise.  It does not say that you can add the final 3 days for that cost.  Perhaps the cost will be the 3 day sailing of $59.99.

I don't know, just saying that I wouldn't presume to extend at the per diem rate.

Perhaps someone who has extended over 31 days will know for sure.

For the last 5 days of the Voyage of the Vikings a few years ago I had to pay the rate for the 5 day package ($74.99) for the last days of the cruise.

2 hours ago, CaptJerry51 said:

I received a prompt email reply from my Personal Cruise Consultant:

"You can upgrade your internet but not until you are on board the ship and I am not sure of the cost (because it varies by length of the cruise), but they will allow you just to pay the upgrade fee. "

Has anyone taken advantage of the deal that Holland offers if you have AT&T as your carrier? Looks like it gives you everything the Holland America package offers plus it includes ship to shore calls.  And the price is about the same.   Advantages...disadvantages??

Edited by CruiserGreg

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2022 at 11:07 AM, CaptJerry51 said:

I have the "Have It All" package for my upcoming January Panama Canal transit and this post inspired me to look into the details of the 3 levels of internet packages (not easy to find on the website).

I looked closer at my booking confirmation and realized I have the Surf package as part of Have It All.  It is more limited than I assumed.  I would like to be able to stream music (if the bandwidth allows) and can only do that with the Premium package.  Also would like to do video calls with family rather than in port at some found wifi.

From HAL website:

image.thumb.png.c5c20cc713b04005da9724c5bbe5a15b.png

Just checking in to see if your PCC was able to give you any more info. I have the same question about cost to upgrade from Have It All Surf package to Premium (for a 14 day voyage).

18 hours ago, HALrunner said:

Just checking in to see if your PCC was able to give you any more info. I have the same question about cost to upgrade from Have It All Surf package to Premium (for a 14 day voyage).

I asked this question recently here on Cruise Critic and got some useful responses: Internet upgrade