Tumbler question!

LAHAPPY13420

5 minutes ago, LAHAPPY13420 said:

Are we allowed to bring our tumblers on board and fill them up with water, iced tea and lemonade, etc.? Can we fill it up directly from the drink station?

Thanks!

Absolutely! You see them alllll over the ship! 

• Like 1

Don't forget to bring the straw(s) of your choice.  Carnival is using godawful  "sugar"  straws.  We're bringing stainless straws sized for our tumbler (we have smaller ones) and one for use in the main dining room.

Edited by tweak89
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Yes you can use tumblers but Carnival requests that you use one of their plastic cups to fill up your tumbler.  Don't fill it directly from the beverage dispenser/drink station.  Have a great cruise!

I agree. I use the ship cups  at the station and pour it into my cup.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1BDNANA said:

I agree. I use the ship cups  at the station and pour it into my cup.

THIS!  Just to be sure there is no transfer of germs of any kind.  All it takes is bumping the dispensing spigot once.

59 minutes ago, reggie50 said:

What kind of tumbler are you talking about?

send a couple pictures please

I have never sailed on Carnival and we are going out on the Sunshine October 20 very interested in this idea

This is one example of a Carnival tumbler.  They are usually sold in the shops on board or you can order one to be in your room before you board through your Cruise Manager.  Sorry about the pic on it's side.

tumbler upside down.jpg

2 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

This is one example of a Carnival tumbler.  They are usually sold in the shops on board or you can order one to be in your room before you board through your Cruise Manager.  Sorry about the pic on it's side.

tumbler upside down.jpg

@Saint Greg do you know how to post pics so they are not on their side like this one?  I tried saving it upside down and on it's side.  Didn't help.  Thx!

On our last cruise, we were by the drink station. We saw dozens of people fill them directly into their own cups. I would like to hope they all washed their cups prior to doing this. But I doubt it...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE use the cups to fill your tumbler. We bring our tumblers and always use the cups to transfer ice and water.

Some people had their tumblers up so far up that the spout was into their cup. I kept hoping someone with authority would tell them to do this without sharing their germs. They did not. I did not want to be a KAREN, so I did not...was tempted though.   it's GROSS!

Edited by cruisemom67
Typo
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/27/2022 at 5:51 AM, reggie50 said:

What kind of tumbler are you talking about?

send a couple pictures please

I have never sailed on Carnival and we are going out on the Sunshine October 20 very interested in this idea

If you do not have any tumblers at home, I suggest Goodwill- there are shelves of them. I bring ones that do not leak when tipped over, or shaken. Also the insulated ones like Tervis and Hydroflask (my favorite brand) really keep items from sweating, and really keep beverage cold. We just use for juices or ice water. 

I don't understand people losing their minds about filling a tumbler from the drink station when people refill the tiny drink cups that Carnival provides ALL THE TIME. That is FAR more likely to cause "germ" issues than a tumbler with the lid (aka the part that is most likely to have germs on it) removed.

I'm all for common courtesy and hygiene, and yeah common sense says don't stick any kind of cup/mug/tumbler right up against the spigot, but if I were as much of a germaphobe as some seem to be I wouldn't be going on a cruise ship in the first place.