How good is the 40% Off fares deal right now? Should I wait til Black Friday?

NeutralNovice

It rarely pays to wait to reserve a room.  You can reserve one now, locking in that price.  If there is a price drop, you can usually get that price reduction by requesting it through the cruise line or your TA.  Just make sure you're not after final payment.  You might want to call the cruise line or TA and inquire specifically about future price drops.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, shof515 said:

40% sale banner been on the website for many many many months like over 4 months or so. its not new

Got it, thx.  First time looking for cruise on NCL in a loooong while.

But at least for some good news... I booked my Haven Room (their lowest tier room in that cat) on the Viva!  Worked with a direct NCL consultant and I was able to get an additional 10% off!!

Only 15 months to go 😞

Sales happen all the time.  Those of us who have OCD are constantly checking fares (raises hand).

As suggested, the time to book is when you see a fare you like, in a category you want, on a ship you want to sail, going to a place you want to go.

Black Friday in the cruise industry isn’t like Black Friday at Kohls, for example. 

• Like 3

On 8/31/2022 at 8:34 AM, shof515 said:

40% sale banner been on the website for many many many months like over 4 months or so. its not new

"Only 36 hours and 12 minutes until this 40% off deal expires and the next 40% off deal starts...but only for three days!"  🤪

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, The Shrike said:

"Only 36 hours and 12 minutes until this 40% off deal expires and the next 40% off deal starts...but only for three days!"  🤪

When I once commented that BF sales haven't really been special for many years (they did do an additional 10% one year, not sure if it was everyone or just past cruisers), someone actually told me how sorry they were that I hadn't gotten a good deal on the Black Friday Sale, LOL!  If they only knew the depth of my bargain-hunting skills.  Even my original TA was impressed by the bargains I was getting at the time (sadly the best ones got cancelled...)

black friday, blue monday, taco tuesday, it makes no difference. ncl has run this sale and  its variant for a few years now. if you see something that interests you, and the price is right book it.

i assure you, regardless of what it's called, the actual prices will not change. it will either be 40% or 70% off 2nd person in cabin, if you watch ncl website you will see the old baby boomer adage, "aint nothin changes but the changes"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, curlstravel said:

If you book through a travel agent can you call the cruise line directly if prices drop or do you have to call your cruise agent to get an upgrade etc.

You have to work with whoever you booked thru - so if you booked through a TA, they "own" the reservation, NCL can't/won't work with you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1