Disappointed with princess

cruisejunkie

On 9/1/2022 at 4:00 PM, Ombud said:

I'm personally glad they're cutting down on tiny plastic bottles. ...Less plastic, less waste, JMHO. 

Princess (and hotels) may push the environmental benefit, but the real reason for the switch to large bottles vs small containers is cost.

Not only do the contents on a per ounce basis cost less with the large bottles, they do not have to throw out unused contents as when opened small bottles were disposed of at the end of a cruise.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2022 at 11:03 AM, DrSea said:

How can they keep prices so high when the economy is cooling and people are cutting back?

What many people are not cutting back on is travel.

A friend on several Caribbean Princess cruises this summer said they were all sold out. He is on a RCI cruise this month which was sold out weeks ago.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, SomewhereGirl said:

The new occupants of my recently vacated cabin may have a blue bag I left there.  I brought it back to tote a few things onboard at embarkation that wouldn't fit in my carry-on only luggage.  Don't really need the bags stuffing up my home closet.

When doing a B2B cruise you'll see many of those blue bags in the trash. Lots of people don't want to be bothered packing them.

We've found that that don't stand up very well & will rip very easily. 

"We've found that that don't stand up very well & will rip very easily."                                           😄   they have a duty rating of 22 lbs. per sq/in.  What the he!! are you throwing in there  

Chain Mace Weapon

Edited by c-boy
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, caribill said:

What many people are not cutting back on is travel.

A friend on several Caribbean Princess cruises this summer said they were all sold out. He is on a RCI cruise this month which was sold out weeks ago.

It is understandable for the summer months. I was referencing the fall and winter months. Thanks

4 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

Yeah, lots of covid has been spread by pens and paper, complimentary newspapers in hotels, and magazines in waiting rooms.  (sarcasm alert)  

We know now that such transmission is extremely rare, but early on that was not known.

(That is why for a while many people were wiping down groceries they purchased.)

Thus, even after the restart, having different people touch things was discouraged.

That is why the evening chocolates were discontinued.

That is why the pen and paper were taken out of the cabin.

That is why the buffet did not have self-service anymore. (Helps to prevent spread of noro, but not Covid.)

Well, the self-service in the buffet is returning, but so far the evening chocolates, the pen, and the paper have not returned.

7 hours ago, caribill said:

Also a Covid thing.

This is in response to my own comment on the "no paper or pen" in the cabin. As @caribill had stated that in the beginning we were not sure about the spread of covid. As an extreme measure, I guess our cabin should have been empty, due to covid. My sarcastic statement is NOT directed to our @caribill, it just seem a bit much .... the pen and paper would most likely be taken with the guest. Regardless, our steward kindly brought us the items. We touched the kettle in our room too.

This was in May around the British Isles.

20 hours ago, caribill said:

We know now that such transmission is extremely rare, but early on that was not known.

(That is why for a while many people were wiping down groceries they purchased.)

Thus, even after the restart, having different people touch things was discouraged.

That is why the evening chocolates were discontinued.

That is why the pen and paper were taken out of the cabin.

That is why the buffet did not have self-service anymore. (Helps to prevent spread of noro, but not Covid.)

Well, the self-service in the buffet is returning, but so far the evening chocolates, the pen, and the paper have not returned.

That is why I was taught to wash my hands after touching things or common use surfaces and before touching food or anything else that was going in my mouth.

All one has to do is break the chain of cross-contamination.

• Like 1