Princess took $200 each from our credits... who do I contact?

jp2746

I have been on hold for almost two hours.  The first call was cut off after one hour.  Now I am on hold for a second hour. 

I put a courtesy hold on a room for my husband and I yesterday.  Today we realized it wouldn't work, so I called to cancel.  I told them it was a courtesy hold.  I called yesterday to put it on hold with an agent and was told there was not a problem.  I called again to follow up yesterday because it took some of our credit and looked like a real booking.  They told me again yesterday that this was a hold and I would immediately get all my money back if I had to cancel.  

I called today to cancel and they took $400 total out of our credits.  I have been trying to straighten this out, but no luck so far.  

Any advice???

Never had any money charged for a courtesy hold. It just "falls off" and no money is ever involved. Of course I've never gotten one of the Princess people involved. I've just put it on hold myself. Sounds like you are a victim of a less-than-competent Princess employee.

Thanks. I will try to call back tomorrow. I was on hold for three hours waiting for customer service.  I had to hang up at some point because I had things to do.  We have never cruised with Princess but have had three bad experiences already.

Hopefully the actually cruise will redeem them.   

4 hours ago, jp2746 said:

I have been on hold for almost two hours.  The first call was cut off after one hour.  Now I am on hold for a second hour. 

I put a courtesy hold on a room for my husband and I yesterday.  Today we realized it wouldn't work, so I called to cancel.  I told them it was a courtesy hold.  I called yesterday to put it on hold with an agent and was told there was not a problem.  I called again to follow up yesterday because it took some of our credit and looked like a real booking.  They told me again yesterday that this was a hold and I would immediately get all my money back if I had to cancel.  

I called today to cancel and they took $400 total out of our credits.  I have been trying to straighten this out, but no luck so far.  

Any advice???

29 minutes ago, jp2746 said:

Thanks. I will try to call back tomorrow. I was on hold for three hours waiting for customer service.  I had to hang up at some point because I had things to do.  We have never cruised with Princess but have had three bad experiences already.

Hi,

Did Princess have deposits from previous bookings you made?

If they did all deposits will/ would be refunded if you cancelled those bookings prior to final payment.

To put a cruise on hold, no payment needs to be made at that time, and you can do that on Princess website.  It is really simple.

I know I have said it before, the best time to get through I find is when they start in the morning-6 am west coast; 9 am east coast.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jp2746 said:

Any advice???

33 minutes ago, jp2746 said:

I am sorry you are having a not so good experience with Princess.  My sister felt the same way.  Your second post cleared up a lot of confusion for me.  I wasn't sure why you were out $400.  I, initially, thought that they used double Future Cruise Deposits.  Now I understand that the $400 was the required deposit to BOOK your cruise, even though you were just requesting to place a hold on the cruise.  

Unless your cruise is just around the corner, you will be able to cancel this booking and you will be refunded the deposit.  

• Like 1

No credits this morning…  I know this is confusing.  So our cruise that we were going to take (and still hope to) is within 90 days. It is within the final payment window.  When I called to put it on hold the representative said that I can put it on a three day hold with no deposit needed.  However, when she put it on hold apparently it changed it to a booking because I had credits.  Because it was within he 90 day period when she immediately canceled, it took the money as a cancellation fee even though it was not supposed to be a booking.  

I will be calling this morning.   I really hope this gets resolved so I can make the booking. 

42 minutes ago, jp2746 said:

No credits this morning…  I know this is confusing.  So our cruise that we were going to take (and still hope to) is within 90 days. It is within the final payment window.  When I called to put it on hold the representative said that I can put it on a three day hold with no deposit needed.  However, when she put it on hold apparently it changed it to a booking because I had credits.  Because it was within he 90 day period when she immediately canceled, it took the money as a cancellation fee even though it was not supposed to be a booking.  

I will be calling this morning.   I really hope this gets resolved so I can make the booking. 

Why did you have credits?

I had something like this happen, except that I kept the booking.

My TA asked for a Courtesy Hold, but they said as it was a FCC it was automatically applied, and we were under “penalty”.  No one including my TA understood what that meant.

I did have to call Princess though to get the FCD, OBC correctly applied to the booking.

1 hour ago, jp2746 said:

Part of the problem (along with an inexperienced phone rep) is that a courtesy hold is only good for ONE day when within the final payment window.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Part of the problem (along with an inexperienced phone rep) is that a courtesy hold is only good for ONE day when within the final payment window.

Actually, I called the next day to cancel so it was within one day (Booked 31st and canceled on 1st).  She said it was on hold for three but I made a decision before that date so I went ahead and canceled.