Live Reports - Cruising on Coral Princess September 2022.

Yesterday we decided we liked this ship so much that we needed more time on her, plus we wanted some more warm weather, so have booked the 26th Sept Queensland and Conflict Islands cruise. That gives us four days to go home, do a few essential things then get back onboard. 😊😊😊😊 

• Like 6

@OzKiwiJJDidn't of course make it to the Sydney get together as we were discovering Sydney again - sorry about that.   Was so good spending the extra day in Sydney.   

It is sunny now but cold in Melbourne.   Missing being on the ship so we are going down to have a look and have a coffee in the area.   Enjoy the rest of your travelling.

Rosie

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It's been a busy couple of days. We had a lovely sailaway from Sydney. It was delayed by about an hour and we were surprised the ship was allowed to depart around 5pm as this is peak ferry traffic time. It was a gorgeous evening to sail out of Sydney Harbour.

Enjoy your day, and I hope they don't mess around with your itinerary too much. Looking at the upcoming schedule, it looks like the weekday peak hours curfew isn't currently in place.

Sad you will lose a port. KI is at risk for tendering, but hopefully it will have settled down before you are due to arrive there. Port Lincoln may be the odd one out.

20 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yesterday we decided we liked this ship so much that we needed more time on her, plus we wanted some more warm weather, so have booked the 26th Sept Queensland and Conflict Islands cruise. That gives us four days to go home, do a few essential things then get back onboard. 😊😊😊😊 

Yeah, she is a cool ship. Can't wait to get a few more days aboard. 

I hope you picked up a good deal through the future cruise desk.

47 minutes ago, Rassa said:

@OzKiwiJJDidn't of course make it to the Sydney get together as we were discovering Sydney again - sorry about that.   Was so good spending the extra day in Sydney.   

It is sunny now but cold in Melbourne.   Missing being on the ship so we are going down to have a look and have a coffee in the area.   Enjoy the rest of your travelling.

Rosie

Thanks Rosie. We're just on the tram heading into the city. Definitely colder than this time last week. 🤣

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Yeah, she is a cool ship. Can't wait to get a few more days aboard. 

I hope you picked up a good deal through the future cruise desk.

Just the regular Plus fare as we wanted to choose our cabin but a decent amount of OBC. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It's been a busy couple of days. We had a lovely sailaway from Sydney. It was delayed by about an hour and we were surprised the ship was allowed to depart around 5pm as this is peak ferry traffic time. It was a gorgeous evening to sail out of Sydney Harbour.

We went to Sabatinis for dinner and had a lovely evening. I was celebrating a milestone birthday and was delighted when the Club Class Head Waiter came up to Sabatinis to to wish me happy birthday. After our main course our waiter placed dessert spoons and forks on the table. I didn't quite click until he also put empty plates in front of us and I saw all the waiters converging on our table. It was really lovely and the yummy chocolate mousse cake they presented me with was a delicious ending to our meal. It was much nicer that the mud cakes they used to have.

We were lucky to find seating in Crooners so enjoyed the talents of Paul C McD for the rest of the night. He is amazing, a very talented pianist, interesting crooner with the ability to mimic the original artists of some of the songs he is singing, and a great sense of humour. I looked at the time when I finally made it to bed - it was 00:00. 

Consequently I was a bit tired yesterday morning and trivia was more of a challenge than usual. 

We had a good turn-out at the informal Meet & Greet and, once again, it was lovely to put faces to the forum names. We all had a good chat before lunch.

We had a helicopter medical evacuation operating from noon to about 2:30pm. It must have been a tricky operation as it took a while for the air ambulance people to get dropped off, then the helicopter had to go back and refuel before taking the patient to hospital. I hope that person recovers OK.

A short while ago we were told our itinerary was changing due to a low creating strong winds and seas in the Adelaide region. We will now overnight in Melbourne and depart 5pm Friday. As yet they have not announced the revised itinarary past Friday but presumably one port will need to be dropped.

It was formal night last night, and Encore was on in the theatre - one of my favourite shows!

We got up this morning in time to see the ship pulling into the dock. There was a helicopter buzzing around - probably one of the TV channels. 

We're going into the city today to do some shopping and catch up with our granddaughter.

Good report! Happy birthday 🥰🥰🥰

We can’t wait to be back on board 11 oct

The very cruise we are on Julie, after many years we may finally meet. First met on the old Amazon Kindle Forum as Oldie.

Any chance you could put a laundry bag in on the last morning, and have it waiting in your cabin when you get back? Get the steward to hide your luggage for a few days.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We went to Sabatinis for dinner and had a lovely evening. I was celebrating a milestone birthday and was delighted when the Club Class Head Waiter came up to Sabatinis to to wish me happy birthday. After our main course our waiter placed dessert spoons and forks on the table. I didn't quite click until he also put empty plates in front of us and I saw all the waiters converging on our table. It was really lovely and the yummy chocolate mousse cake they presented me with was a delicious ending to our meal. It was much nicer that the mud cakes they used to have.

Happy birthday Julie. Cheers Neil & Tracey🥂

We were lucky to find seating in Crooners so enjoyed the talents of Paul C McD for the rest of the night. He is amazing, a very talented pianist, interesting crooner with the ability to mimic the original artists of some of the songs he is singing, and a great sense of humour. I looked at the time when I finally made it to bed - it was 00:00. 

Consequently I was a bit tired yesterday morning and trivia was more of a challenge than usual. 

We had a good turn-out at the informal Meet & Greet and, once again, it was lovely to put faces to the forum names. We all had a good chat before lunch.

We had a helicopter medical evacuation operating from noon to about 2:30pm. It must have been a tricky operation as it took a while for the air ambulance people to get dropped off, then the helicopter had to go back and refuel before taking the patient to hospital. I hope that person recovers OK.

A short while ago we were told our itinerary was changing due to a low creating strong winds and seas in the Adelaide region. We will now overnight in Melbourne and depart 5pm Friday. As yet they have not announced the revised itinarary past Friday but presumably one port will need to be dropped.

It was formal night last night, and Encore was on in the theatre - one of my favourite shows!

We got up this morning in time to see the ship pulling into the dock. There was a helicopter buzzing around - probably one of the TV channels. 

We're going into the city today to do some shopping and catch up with our granddaughter.

Happy Birthday Julie.  I hope you have an enjoyable catch up today with your granddaughter.  Looks like you are blessed with relatives in ports in Australia, as well as NZ.

I hope weather conditions improve so your ship can visit Adelaide as well as Kangaroo Island. 

Wow you must be happy with another cruise so soon.  At least it will be warm weather.  Bon Voyage! 

Happy Birthday Julie,  love the Coral

4 hours ago, Russell21 said:

The very cruise we are on Julie, after many years we may finally meet. First met on the old Amazon Kindle Forum as Oldie.

Yes, we've had a few near misses in the past. 🤣 I look forward to finally meeting you.

Coral is lovely, we're really enjoying being on her. We've been working our way through the special cocktail list in Good Spirits Bar - there are some really interesting concoctions and a couple that are just weird in a nice way.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, arxcards said:

Any chance you could put a laundry bag in on the last morning, and have it waiting in your cabin when you get back? Get the steward to hide your luggage for a few days.

I wish we could leave a couple of suitcases onboard but we'll need to discard some of our cool weather clothing. It was so lovely and warm up in QLD last week. That's what made us decide to book the extra cruise. I feel like winter has been going on since Christmas i  Sydney!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Happy Birthday Julie.  I hope you have an enjoyable catch up today with your granddaughter.  Looks like you are blessed with relatives in ports in Australia, as well as NZ.

I hope weather conditions improve so your ship can visit Adelaide as well as Kangaroo Island. 

Wow you must be happy with another cruise so soon.  At least it will be warm weather.  Bon Voyage! 

We had a very expensive catch-up with our eldest GD today - she works in a fine jewellery store that has beautiful delicate jewellery. Naturally I fell for a gorgeous necklace so Rolf bought it for me. He bought a new dinner jacket at the outlet centre which was several hundred dollars cheaper, and much nicer, than the one he'd been thinking of buying in Sydney so I used that saving as a lever!😊

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We had a very expensive catch-up with our eldest GD today - she works in a fine jewellery store that has beautiful delicate jewellery. Naturally I fell for a gorgeous necklace so Rolf bought it for me. He bought a new dinner jacket at the outlet centre which was several hundred dollars cheaper, and much nicer, than the one he'd been thinking of buying in Sydney so I used that saving as a lever!😊

I like your logic.  Hope your granddaughter received commission on the sale.

• Like 1

Ok, I officially hate Station Pier. It's too damn long. Coral is docked bow on. Our cabin is aft.

So to get out of Station Pier we walk from our cabin to midships to exit the ship. However the entrance to the cruise terminal is almost at far end of the wharf, roughly opposite our cabin. Then we walk right through the terminal to the escalators which are roughly opposite the ship's gangway. Then it's around half a kilometre to the street.

We did this walk four times yesterday!!! Plus all the walking around the city! Unfortuately we're not as fit as we'd like to be so we were a bit achy last night.

And guess what? We have go back into the city today to pick up Rolf's new dinner jacket which needed the sleeve length altering. Ouch!

🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Ok, I officially hate Station Pier. It's too damn long. Coral is docked bow on. Our cabin is aft.

So to get out of Station Pier we walk from our cabin to midships to exit the ship. However the entrance to the cruise terminal is almost at far end of the wharf, roughly opposite our cabin. Then we walk right through the terminal to the escalators which are roughly opposite the ship's gangway. Then it's around half a kilometre to the street.

We did this walk four times yesterday!!! Plus all the walking around the city! Unfortuately we're not as fit as we'd like to be so we were a bit achy last night.

And guess what? We have go back into the city today to pick up Rolf's new dinner jacket which needed the sleeve length altering. Ouch!

🤣🤣🤣

An extra glass of plus grade wine for you tonight - you deserve it.

If not too much trouble on your PNG cruise, could you keep an eye out for where TRS is set up. This will be interesting,, departing Sydney but also calling in Brisbane and Cairns before leaving Australia. TIA.

53 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

🤣🤣🤣

That is a lot of walking!  You will be fitter after your cruise.  I did 17,000 steps over 3 days at the Royal Adelaide Show recently.  No wonder I was exhausted when I got home!

We’re boarding on the 26th for the next cruise & can’t wait. Our first cruise on the Coral & first upgrade - from obstructed window to balcony! The upgrade fairy does still exist 😁  We’ll be in an aft cabin on deck 8 & are wondering if there’s still a viewing platform out the back as I’ve heard rumours of from years ago?  

Is there no longer a bus (I think it was #109) that goes from inside the terminal to the city, thus eliminating the long walk to the tram station?